Croyle: My IS Course Easier than Dancing...

DKW 86

Your little heads may implode...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...er.2d1ca13.html

Peprah earns 2nd degree

10:11 PM CST on Saturday, December 31, 2005

By JEFF MILLER / The Dallas Morning News

Plano East's Charlie Peprah is one of 14 Alabama players who already have earned bachelor's degrees.

Peprah graduated last December but waited until May to go through the ceremony to make it easier for family members to attend and to avoid conflicting with last year's bowl preparations. And, only a few weeks ago, he earned his master's degree in financial planning.

JB Closner from San Antonio Clark is one of seven Tide players who graduated in May. Southeastern Conference rules require players to pass six hours to be eligible to play in a bowl, and Closner said he found an independent study class worth six hours' credit.

"Like a diamond in the rough," he said of the class, smiling. "Had to write a five-page paper. I was done with that by September."

Quarterback Brodie Croyle, another graduate, took the same course. "I kind of slacked up a little bit," he said, looking at the ground. "I got done in December."

Said Peprah: "I actually had some pretty tough classes. Not P.E. or music, the art of cartwheels or whatever classes they were taking."

When Croyle was asked who had it tougher, himself or USC quarterback Matt Leinart (who took only ballroom dancing last semester), he said, "Probably him."

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your little heads may implode...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...er.2d1ca13.html

Peprah earns 2nd degree

Plano East's Charlie Peprah is one of 14 Alabama players who already have earned bachelor's degrees.

Peprah graduated last December but waited until May to go through the ceremony to make it easier for family members to attend and to avoid conflicting with last year's bowl preparations. And, only a few weeks ago, he earned his master's degree in financial planning.

JB Closner from San Antonio Clark is one of seven Tide players who graduated in May. Southeastern Conference rules require players to pass six hours to be eligible to play in a bowl, and Closner said he found an independent study class worth six hours' credit.

"Like a diamond in the rough," he said of the class, smiling. "Had to write a five-page paper. I was done with that by September."

Quarterback Brodie Croyle, another graduate, took the same course. "I kind of slacked up a little bit," he said, looking at the ground. "I got done in December."

Said Peprah: "I actually had some pretty tough classes. Not P.E. or music, the art of cartwheels or whatever classes they were taking."

When Croyle was asked who had it tougher, himself or USC quarterback Matt Leinart (who took only ballroom dancing last semester), he said, "Probably him."

248387[/snapback]

:roflol:

OK, IM not getting into the NYT article thing but just want to make a point on this. They had already received their degrees, they graduated. They had to take something to play out their eligibility. Why would our heads explode.

implode - Collapse inward (opposite of explode). Implosion is caused when explosives are detonated on the outside of an object, which causes a shockwave to travel inward and crush the object.

... Why would our heads explode.

248398[/snapback]

David said implode, not explode. There is a difference. Generally, an implosion is due to an imbalance in pressure. Ex: an outside idea trying to penetrate a tiny skull with a vacuum on the inside would be a good candidate for an implosion of a little head. (Just trying to do my part to improve the level of communicaiton on this board. :P )

OMG... Forget I said anything. You guys are on hair trigger mode today.    :blink:   :P

248405[/snapback]

Nah we've just been lurking on CrimsonTusks and reading the hypocritical posts by a lot of your buddies (note I didn't say you). It is really disappointing to see CT in such a frenzy, almost to the point that they could be mistaken for TI. it's especially sad to read the posts of Porterhouse and Porkchop. I thought they were above that kind of hypocritical garbage. I wouldn't dare post there right now. It would be like a minnow in a pool of sharks. So you should be grateful you are only being nitpicked..

OMG... Forget I said anything. You guys are on hair trigger mode today.    :blink:   :P

248405[/snapback]

Nah we've just been lurking on CrimsonTusks and reading the hypocritical posts by a lot of your buddies (note I didn't say you). It is really disappointing to see CT in such a frenzy, almost to the point that they could be mistaken for TI. it's especially sad to read the posts of Porterhouse and Porkchop. I thought they were above that kind of hypocritical garbage. I wouldn't dare post there right now. It would be like a minnow in a pool of sharks. So you should be grateful you are only being nitpicked..

248411[/snapback]

248417[/snapback]

You say "we". So far PT you are the only way I have seen who has expressed this opinion. I dont think CT is in a frenzy right now over this story. Is it good B-Board material? Sure it is. If the shoe were on the other foot it would be the same story. Its the offseason, this stuff comes up every year in one form or another. Mostly because there is not much else to talk about. Recruiting is slow; camps are over. People are bored. They talk smack.

You had the fortitude to call out two friends of mine and label them as hypocritical, Im a little confused about that one. I respect your opinion... I dont agree with it but I respect your right to it. Im just not sure why you think that.

I dont know what is going on at TI... dont visit the site....dont want to. I think you are over reacting a bit with the shark analogy. We have a pretty good group of mods and admins that keep things from going overboard. I have never been anything more than nitpicked on this board, I dont need you to assure or remind or placate that to me, thanks anyway.

You guys missed the point entirely.

The key question was this: 'Was this class available to EVERY student at :ua: ?" If it was not then it violates NCAA criteria. :big:

Wonder if PF or Peter Thamel will run to Turdtown to write another NYT Front page article?

Dont hold your breath.

Let me see, 6 hours for a 5 page report. You have the title page, and bibliography, so we actually got 6 hours for 3 typewritten pages, probably in double space format.

That equates to a degree (120 hours) at :ua: for every 100 typewritten pages. At that rate, I, with my Masters, would likely have dual PhDs had I gone to :ua::big:

Okay, I'm going to do something that I almost never do; post on a rival forum. Since Proud Tiger is calling me out though I'll make an exception.

Hey PT, if you're going to come over here and talk sh** about me and my posts then why don't you atleast get your story straight first champ. You want to talk about my hypocritical posts regarding AU and the investigation then why don't you do your brethren a favor and really expose me properly. Go over to RTB.com and link my posts over here for everyone to read. That would really teach me a lesson wouldn't it. Problem is, since I have not one time ever responded to that thread you decided to just go ahead and link me in with it anyway, and I have a problem with that.

If anyone here is the hypocrite it is you. Check your sh** before you go telling stories.

You guys missed the point entirely.

The key question was this: 'Was this class available to EVERY student at :ua: ?" If it was not then it violates NCAA criteria.  :big:

Wonder if PF or Peter Thamel will run to Turdtown to write another NYT Front page article?

Dont hold your breath.

Let me see, 6 hours for a 5 page report. You have the title page, and bibliography, so we actually got 6 hours for 3 typewritten pages, probably in double space format.

That equates to a degree (120 hours) at :ua: for every 100 typewritten pages. At that rate, I, with my Masters, would likely have dual PhDs had I gone to :ua::big:

248446[/snapback]

David, you have to state the obvious for the dirt-road alumni:

For remaining bowl eligible, Langenfeld completes an IS course at AU that requires he write a 10-page paper for 3 credit hours. In contrast, Closener finds one "diamond-in-the-rough" IS course at uat that earns him 6 credits for submitting a 5-page paper -- one in which he was done by September. I mean, how convenient is that to find one course to give you all the credits you need to remain bowl eligible? Be honest now ... which is the best example of academic fraud?

Okay, I'm going to do something that I almost never do; post on a rival forum. Since Proud Tiger is calling me out though I'll make an exception.

248447[/snapback]

Let me clear something up for you. Come in here like this again and almost never will be exactly right. You'll have your few little posts and that will be the end of you.

Really, the end of me? And why is that? Because I'm asking someone to verify or prove their accusations? So that's how it works on this site huh?

Before I just take your word for what my situation will eventually be, I think I'll talk to DKW first and see what he has to say on the matter. Thanks though.

Really, the end of me? And why is that? Because I'm asking someone to verify or prove their accusations? So that's how it works on this site huh?

Before I just take your word for what my situation will eventually be, I think I'll talk to DKW first and see what he has to say on the matter. Thanks though.

248471[/snapback]

How come you are so worried about what is being said about you on a rival's board that you apparently never participate in? I'm asking in all seriousness and not trying to be a jerk. I mean, I could care less what was being said about me on CT or TI based on what I post on this board. Actually, I would not ever know unless somebody told me, because I never venture over to rival sites just to even see what they are saying in general. There are enough UAT regulars on this board that I don't need to know what UAT boards are saying.

THIS PLAIN ENOUGH, EVEN TO A BAMMERFART Peprah earns 2nd degree

Jan. 2, 10 a.m.

FOX (Ch. 4)

Plano's Peprah finds common ground with Alabama teammate

Versatility makes Tech's Henderson perfect fit for NFL

Peprah earns 2nd degree

Notebook

Events schedule

Bowl results/schedule

Rose Bowl section

More Cotton Bowl

More Colleges

E-mail jmiller@dallasnews.com

This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow. This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow.

More headlines...

Early Cotton Bowl

How come you are so worried about what is being said about you on a rival's board that you apparently never participate in?...... Actually, I would not ever know unless somebody told me, because I never venture over to rival sites just to even see what they are saying in general.

248473[/snapback]

None of my business, but when has that ever stopped me? :big:

Even though you don't post on any rival forums, there are quite a few of us that post on more than one forum, so there are some here that know porkchop. I don't see anything wrong in defending himself if he's right. I mean, CT and WEN are sister sites.

Actually, I would not ever know unless somebody told me

And being that a few CT and WEN users post on each others forum, chances are that porkchop was imformed by one of them. So again, I don't see the problem in clearing up this issue.

With all that said, you guys know as well as I do that if the roles were reversed, you wouldn't be sitting here saying that "all schools do this" and "there's nothing to it". This board would be all over us like we currently are on yall. As a matter of fact, one of WEN's current moderators tried to push the "Simeon and Tim Castille are going to LSU and Daddy Castille is going to be a coach there" rumor a few years ago.(I can do a search if you'd like and find it, if you'd like) So please don't take a holier than thou attitude and act like you guys wouldn't be doing the EXACT same thing if the shoe were on the other foot.

That last paragraph isn't directed at you Ranger, just an open statement.

248471[/snapback]

No, because you're being a jerk, personally attacking a user and because you chose to use two barely disguised profanities.

Since you chose the confrontational mode, that's what you'll get in return.

248471[/snapback]

Look man, you are a GUEST on this board. If you have a problem with a member here and want to confront them - fine. But don't come on here throwing around explitives and bowing up and then act like you did nothing wrong. Keep it up and you will not be around long. We allow disagreements, just keep it in check. That is how this site works. If you don't like it...you know where the door is.

We allow disagreements, just keep it in check. That is how this site works. If you don't like it...you know where the door is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- and don't let the door hit you in the ass,either

I think everybody just needs to take a step back and chill out for a little bit. This isn't a big deal and no reason for everybody to start throwing around accusations and threats.

Porkchop only has 3 posts on this board...so I decided to see what they were. They are the two posts in this thread, and this.

In the spirit of sportsmenship just wanted to come by and say good game and congrats on the win. You guys clearly outplayed us yesterday and deserved the victory. Congrats Vatz, TM, DKW, TitanTiger, AUesquire and the rest of you guys.

Let me just leave you with this. moon.gif

biggrin.gif

He doesn't seem like someone that is coming over here to start trouble if he could act graciously in defeat.

Everybody just take a deep breath... :P

I think everybody just needs to take a step back and chill out for a little bit. This isn't a big deal and no reason for everybody to start throwing around accusations and threats.

Porkchop only has 3 posts on this board...so I decided to see what they were. They are the two posts in this thread, and this.

n the spirit of sportsmenship just wanted to come by and say good game and congrats on the win. You guys clearly outplayed us yesterday and deserved the victory. Congrats Vatz, TM, DKW, TitanTiger, AUesquire and the rest of you guys.

Let me just leave you with this. moon.gif

biggrin.gif

He doesn't seem like someone that is coming over here to start trouble if he could act graciously in defeat.

Everybody just take deep breath... :P

248493[/snapback]

Good guy or not, he needs to keep it in check when he confronts someone. Other than that, I have no problem with the guy. :gofig:

Back off of porkchop... the guy has stayed away from most of this since it came out. If anybody needs a lashing, it isn't him.

How come you are so worried about what is being said about you on a rival's board that you apparently never participate in?...... Actually, I would not ever know unless somebody told me, because I never venture over to rival sites just to even see what they are saying in general.

248473[/snapback]

None of my business, but when has that ever stopped me? :big:

Even though you don't post on any rival forums, there are quite a few of us that post on more than one forum, so there are some here that know porkchop. I don't see anything wrong in defending himself if he's right. I mean, CT and WEN are sister sites.

Actually, I would not ever know unless somebody told me

And being that a few CT and WEN users post on each others forum, chances are that porkchop was imformed by one of them. So again, I don't see the problem in clearing up this issue.

With all that said, you guys know as well as I do that if the roles were reversed, you wouldn't be sitting here saying that "all schools do this" and "there's nothing to it". This board would be all over us like we currently are on yall. As a matter of fact, one of WEN's current moderators tried to push the "Simeon and Tim Castille are going to LSU and Daddy Castille is going to be a coach there" rumor a few years ago.(I can do a search if you'd like and find it, if you'd like) So please don't take a holier than thou attitude and act like you guys wouldn't be doing the EXACT same thing if the shoe were on the other foot.

That last paragraph isn't directed at you Ranger, just an open statement.

248479[/snapback]

If you will notice that in my statement I was referencing people that do not participate in this board. That is why it is in the first sentence of my post. If he was you, BG3, or one of the other bammer regulars, it would be different. However, he is not a regular contributor to the site, so why would he care what is said about him in this site? Why would you care the somebody was calling you out on a site that you do not participate in? That was my point. It was not a post pointed towards the regular bammers on the board.

Archived