Further Proof of Alabama's Downward Spiral...

otterinbham

My question is how can Moore even think about painting anything for the turd nation when SPUAT is still dukeing it out with him in court?

No kidding. By the way, that alone is perfect evidence of the rampant stupidity of the Capstone. Here this guy has nothing but glorify Alabama football for 30 years with his artwork (which by the way, is well done), and now the powers that be want to ding him for licensing. If this is such a huge issue, why are they just suing him now?

Hey, I'm in the creative business. I understand and respect intellectual property rights. At the same time, silence implies consent, and the Alabama Athletic Department not only knew of Daniel Moore's paintings for 30 years, but they even had them hanging on the walls in their building. So for them to only now put this guy out of business has to be a public relations disaster of a high magnitude.

LOL. He had to stand on the first shelf to reach the helmets.

Some of DM's better work IMO.

As I looked at that picture I thought of a joke...two posts down is my joke..

Thanks for stealing it from my head...even tho you thought of it first...

WDE :cheer:

doesn't he just trace a photo and paint it? he is a master at photoshop these days it seems.

No that's the other guy who is Bama's "official" painter. His work is, well... I looked for an example, but oddly enough there isn't anything online at the moment. He claimed the paintings were not Photoshopped pictures, but actual hand-painted pieces. I've seen better farks. Maybe that's why they're not there anymore.

moore-sports_1907_1930550.jpg

Wow, imgaine that. Brodie, ball in hand, in an upright position completely perpendicular to the ground. Amazing. Here's to the past...

terrybowden.jpg

You know you like it.

I know :au: folks that have put that stuff away. I myself have recycled a frame with him in it.

Archived