MERGED: SC Noise thread!!!

tarheeltiger

i've thought recently, especially after the no electronics stuff, that auburn needs something like lsu and fla do. 3-4 quick notes from the band and a quick response from the crowd. the daa da da da "go gators" and the 3 keys and "lsu" thing they do. anybody thats been to gainesville and baton rouge knows that its pretty impressive when 80K go off at the same time like that. really jacks the crowd up. and its quick and can be used fast at any point in the game. auburn does some similar things but they get too drawn out somethimes. we need the quick hit...4 notes and BAM!..instant crowd noise. do away with the electronic stuff all together.

and before anyone says we will just be copying somebody elses stuff, think about how much auburn has been copied. dog walk, vol walk, turd walk, ut flying the eagles, it goes on. so if auburn is accused of copying something, so be it. we need something.

I figured they would call it. During the game they would play it while UT was at the line of scrimmage. Hopefully Spurrier just pays the fine when they play Arkansas.

Our win over USC is looking better now - We beat them with unrestricted cock-a-doodle-doos! :no:

SEC restricts when South Carolina can use rooster crow

The Associated Press

November 01. 2006 5:41PM

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...1/APS/611011922

"The rooster won't crow as much at South Carolina's Williams-Brice Stadium.

The Southeastern Conference has told the Gamecocks they can only play a rooster crow during time-outs, after a score, before the game, during halftime and when the game ends.

South Carolina had been playing the rooster crow before critical third downs and other times to pump up the crowd.

The SEC told the Gamecocks they were breaking conference regulations about when artificial noise could be played.

"We are certainly disappointed that we have to limit the Gamecock crow, as we know its a crowd favorite, but obviously we will comply with the Southeastern Conference rules and regulations," said Jeff Crane, athletics marketing director for the university."

Don't you imagine that he's about to burst at sun up every morning??? No Cocky - You'll have to wait until game day! :roflol:

What an absolute joke. The SEC needs to worry about players GPA's, recruiting infractions, and things like that. Not how loud a football stadium can get when they play a soundbite from the teams mascot. Funny how they are waiting until the eighth game of the year with SEC unbeaten Arkansas coming to town. I say play the freakin rooster, play the tiger roar, play the elephant giving birth. It's fun. It's part of the home field advantage.

SEC OFFICE YOU PEOPLE SUCK. KISS MY :moon: MIKE SLIVE YOU ARE AN EMBARRASEMENT :puke:

This is the same thing they said to us.

If I was the South Carolina SGA President I would go to the administration and say "we want the rooster crow for the Arkansas game, and we will pay for it by passing around a bucket at the game to pay the fine."

The fine would be $5000. Pass a bucket around and let every student drop in a quarter. Big deal.

Until something is done about the miss st. COWBELLS, nobody else should change a thing.

Until something is done about the miss st. COWBELLS, nobody else should change a thing.

Didn't you see the small print at the bottom?

this rule only applies to those teams that have a shot at beating Florida

Now if they would only let their mascot out in a humane way before the game - not playing 2001 A Space Odyssey and having dry ice as he comes out in some sort of non-magical magic trick.

whoops. Never mind the post above. I didn't realize there was already a thread about it.

I just sent my girlfriend that link and she's so mad. She grew up a Carolina fan(went to Wofford) and her parents still live in Columbia and I actually went to our game with her and her parents. They were going crazy and kept telling me during the game - you'll have to understand, this never happens(as Carolina was moving the ball at will). I said, as long as we have more points at the end of the game, I'm ok with it.

I'm sick of this crap. I can't believe this. I understand if they play it when they're on the line, but who cares if it's before the play. They do this in the NFL all the time.

That is so true!!!! Their policy says no artificial noise makers, what the heck do they think Cow bells are? I don't care if Miss. State is a loser, they still don't need to use the cow bells if we can use a tiger growl and SC can't use their crowing cock! (ewww, that sounds bad).

Friggin' chicken squawking. Er-er-er-er-er ....... BANG!! thud. Time to make gumbo outta the damn thing.

How many crows can a crowing cock crow if a crowing cock can't crow crows?

Archived