Honest question to rival fans

BAMMERPERRY

you guys liked Mike Shula so much and thought he was treated unfairly at Bama. (I won't bring up Tubervilles record at Auburn when the Louisville plane trip was made as a comparison to Shula) I have to wonder why you liked him so well. :roflol:

Who would you rather have as your teams Head Football Coach, Mike Shula or Nick Saban?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you guys liked Mike Shula so much and thought he was treated unfairly at Bama. (I won't bring up Tubervilles record at Auburn when the Louisville plane trip was made as a comparison to Shula) I have to wonder why you liked him so well. :roflol:

Who would you rather have as your teams Head Football Coach, Mike Shula or Nick Saban?

Ridiculous question.

I'd rather have Rosie O'Donnel than either of them.

This really is not a question of who I would rather see as the head coach. It is a matter of how he was treated. Bring up 'jetgate' and you will thousands of Auburn fans writing letters to support their coach. How many letters did Shula get? I'm sure maybe a few in support but not near enough. They did him wrong and that is why I'm I lost even more respect for UA. That still does not take into the account of the wrong that the UA trustees did to UAB in not allowing them to hire Fisher for a measly 600k (granted that really is not measly but it is compared to Saban).

This really is not a question of who I would rather see as the head coach. It is a matter of how he was treated. Bring up 'jetgate' and you will thousands of Auburn fans writing letters to support their coach. How many letters did Shula get? I'm sure maybe a few in support but not near enough. They did him wrong and that is why I'm I lost even more respect for UA. That still does not take into the account of the wrong that the UA trustees did to UAB in not allowing them to hire Fisher for a measly 600k (granted that really is not measly but it is compared to Saban).

but the big difference between CMS and CTT is that CTT knows how to coach a football team, and i don't think he had all the talent in place such as he does now.

as for CJF i think it was pretty messed up about the UAB deal. but in the end, i think it was probably better that it did happen. he has an opportunity to take the reigns at FSU when diddy retires, and i'm sure that will probably happen sooner than later. and that will be better in the long run i think.

To be fair, I don't think anyone on this board liked Mike Shula as a coach. However, most people (not just Auburn people) thought he got the shaft by the way he was treated. He took over the job of cleaning up a monumental mess (of Bama's own making) when no one else would touch it. He agreed to do it for peanuts as until the last year he was making less than the basketball coach and before his contract was over pretty much the entire Bama nation was ready to throw him under the bus. So Mal Moore did what most Bama fans wanted. He didn't get one bit of appreciation or one kind word for the hell he put himself and his family through trying to right that sinking ship. Its a good indication that the ship still isn't in as good a shape as you guys think it is because you had to pay so much to get a coach to come there and couldn't get him to agree to a buyout clause in the contract.

You can't compare Shula's firing to "jetgate" in any way. CTT's situation was perpetrated by a VERY few men who meddled where they didn't belong. The Auburn family rose up and stood by Tuberville and ran most of those clowns out of town. I firmly believe that if it weren't for the average Joe Bama fan, Shula would still have his job today. The fans are who ran Shula out of town. That is no comparison.

To answer your question, I wouldn't want Shula or Saban. Shula's incompetent and Saban is a cutthroat. Auburn is better than both of them.

Real thought provoking question bp. How long did you have to think to come up with that? I see you got it posted just before your mommy had to take you to school. Why come over here and make assinine comments and ask crazy questions. Find a bammar board and annoy them.

To be fair, I don't think anyone on this board liked Mike Shula as a coach. However, most people (not just Auburn people) thought he got the shaft by the way he was treated. He took over the job of cleaning up a monumental mess (of Bama's own making) when no one else would touch it. He agreed to do it for peanuts as until the last year he was making less than the basketball coach and before his contract was over pretty much the entire Bama nation was ready to throw him under the bus. So Mal Moore did what most Bama fans wanted. He didn't get one bit of appreciation or one kind word for the hell he put himself and his family through trying to right that sinking ship. Its a good indication that the ship still isn't in as good a shape as you guys think it is because you had to pay so much to get a coach to come there and couldn't get him to agree to a buyout clause in the contract.

You can't compare Shula's firing to "jetgate" in any way. CTT's situation was perpetrated by a VERY few men who meddled where they didn't belong. The Auburn family rose up and stood by Tuberville and ran most of those clowns out of town. I firmly believe that if it weren't for the average Joe Bama fan, Shula would still have his job today. The fans are who ran Shula out of town. That is no comparison.

To answer your question, I wouldn't want Shula or Saban. Shula's incompetent and Saban is a cutthroat. Auburn is better than both of them.

Nicely done!

I do feel for CMS. He was not the best coach in the SEC, but you also have to take into account what he was dealt. Bad probationary mess and no real talent and a screwed up situation with certain players and their meddling dads.

2003 should not be counted against him. No coach anywhere in the country had to contend with that ever. Otherwise he was 22-14 and not that bad considering the probation. He was only given a true three years IMHO.

CNS, I dont have a clue as to how good he will be at Bama. At LSU, he took ZERO coordinators/assts from Mich State. He walks into LSU and basically lucks out and hires Terry Bowden's staff after they get runoff from Auburn. He walks into a staff that has already gone 11-0 in SEC play. The only problem with Bowden's staff was that they did not have the talent to compete after a while. CTB was a total jerk and an awful recruiter. He thens finally gets a wall around Louisiana and corrals the players to LSU. The rest is history.

I am sure he is a very good D coach. But his resume says professional mercenary. He is there for the quick easy wins and runs out when the going gets tough. Have you seen CNS in any Bama apparel yet or is he just looking for a clothing contract? Have you heard him say "Roll Tide?" THAT is the problem with mercenaries. They are great as long as the battle is going okay. As soon as the tide turns against them, they are gone.

Guest Tigrinum Major

You mistake "like" for "hope that the incompetant AD at Alabama will keep the incompetant coach around another year".

And just for the record, you have no credibility to ask anyone an honest question. You cannot even be honest with yourself if you believe half the stuff you post.

I'd rather you continue to spit in our face instead of asking any more "honest questions" in the hopes that you might get some of the more tolerant of our members to respond in a way that you deem "correct".

In terms of your question, I'll take who I have and pit them against yours anyday. I grew up in a time where that was not always the case. We had inferior coaches and, for the most part, inferior players. That all changed in 1982. And it will not go back to the way it was.

This is not your daddy's Alabama team.

And just for the record, you have no credibility to ask anyone an honest question. You cannot even be honest with yourself if you believe half the stuff you post.

I'd rather you continue to spit in our face instead of asking any more "honest questions" in the hopes that you might get some of the more tolerant of our members to respond in a way that you deem "correct".

Buttplug, you don't have what they call "the social skills." That's why you never have any friends, 'cept fo' yo' mama.

Him

You don't have what they call "the social skills." That's why you never have any friends, 'cept fo' yo' mama.

"Coach, my Buttplug's a sweet boy, but he ain't exactly what you'd call "college material".

I was attempting layered smack. I went back and doctored it up to remove the confusion.

Will you please still be my friend?

219 days. It's going to feel like 219 years!

That would be easier to do if I weren't stationed in hell. I hate Italy (love the coffee though) and I detest the Neapolitans even more. Sometimes it feels like I am stationed in freaking' Tajikistan.

If I could get on a plane tomorrow...................

That would be easier to do if I weren't stationed in hell. I hate Italy (love the coffee though) and I detest the Neapolitans even more. Sometimes it feels like I am stationed in freaking' Tajikistan.

Taajikistan? Isn't that Slick Nick's next stop?

Just a thought.......since $aban spurned meeting with Pres. Bush in Miami awhile back, maybe you could get some high level support for drafting the dude.

Imagine that, bama has a coach who thinks he was too busy to meet with the Pres. I hope that's a good example of his judgement.

You could be in Durka Durka stan

No joke. I say this with all seriousness; The city of An Nassariyah (in Iraq) had more social structure and semblance of civility/law and order when I was there right after the good ol' US Army shot it to s**t back in '03. This place Naples is ... hell, its indescribable. Garbage piled up everywhere, no one wants to work. Can't get a phone to work or get any reliable support out of the local government.

No joke. I say this with all seriousness; The city of An Nassariyah (in Iraq) had more social structure and semblance of civility/law and order when I was there right after the good ol' US Army shot it to s**t back in '03. This place Naples is ... hell, its indescribable. Garbage piled up everywhere, no one wants to work. Can't get a phone to work or get any reliable support out of the local government.

Those crazy ***s.

Please no racial slurs...I know you meant to be funny.

Archived