Is Slick Nick Overconfident?

Proud Tiger

$aban put a big move on LSU commit Phelon Jones last Tuesday, but he was unable to talk to him into reconsidering his commitment after visiting him at school. Tony Jones, Phelon's father, said "his son would not take an official visit to Alabama and would not host Saban for an in-home visit. mr. Jones further added "Saban's sales pitch is 'Look, I'm a head coach and I also coach the secondary. Where are you going to find that in America? I coach it for a reason, because I'm the best there is at it. I turned the program around at Michigan State,i turned it around at LSU, and I have more to work with at Alabama."

Tony Jones was unmoved saying "we enjoyed talking with him. he's a great guy but he's a little bit overconfident."

---------Huntsville Times 1/20/07

Thank you Mr. Jones for providing first hand evidence what most of us already knew.

How is that evidence?

Luther Davis (current LSU verbal) is in Tuscaloosa this weekend. Joe McKnight is coming next weekend. Saban must be doing something right.

How is that evidence?

Luther Davis (current LSU verbal) is in Tuscaloosa this weekend. Joe McKnight is coming next weekend. Saban must be doing something right.

It's evidence because that's exactly what he said.

Its not evidence that he's 'overconfident'.

Overconfidence indicates the inability to acheive a certain goal. Saban says he's gonna do great things at Alabama...while it remains to be seen...you cant say he's OVERconfident...at least not yet.

How is that evidence?

I doubt you would understand evidence since you have a problem with facts. Maybe you should write Mr. Jones a letter and ask him?

Its not evidence that he's 'overconfident'. Overconfidence indicates the inability to acheive a certain goal.--

Exactly and Saban failed to achieve his goal of even getting Jones to visit let alone change his commitment.

Saban says he's gonna do great things at Alabama...while it remains to be seen...you cant say he's OVERconfident...at least not yet.-----says, says, says. it's easy to say things about the future. History will detemine if he is overconfident in this regard

How is that evidence?

Sorry BG, but Big Luther will not be making the trip to Bammer. See above thread about what he thinks of Saban.

Sorry BG, but Big Luther will not be making the trip to Bammer. See above thread about what he thinks of Saban.

BOL reported this morning that Luther was on campus for an official this weekend.

But I read the same article. And I dont see how he could be visiting after the things he supposedly said about Saban.

Overconfidence indicates the inability to acheive a certain goal. Saban says he's gonna do great things at Alabama...while it remains to be seen...you cant say he's OVERconfident...at least not yet.

Then, do you prefer the word "arrogant"?

Then, do you prefer the word "arrogant"?

that is the word bammers understand

All the LSU people I know down here were FURIOUS as to what he said.....but, I think Saban has a point to what he said....of course the situation at LSU helped him become what he was...but Saban also worked his ASS off to make LSU where it became....

If a player is afraid of confidence, he needs to stay away from the Capstone. The puss needs to head West or Northeast.

No one is afraid of confidence. They are afraid of OVERconfidence.

How is that evidence?

It's evidence because that's exactly what he said.

And surely Nick Saban knows that a person's "exact words" must be accepted as fact! Oh, wait... :rolleyes:

Guest Tigrinum Major

BOL reported this morning that Luther was on campus for an official this weekend.

BOL is run by lesser imps and demons.

BOL is run by lesser imps and demons.

Actually, of all the recruiting/team sites out there...they are one of the few who dont sugar coat things for their readers.

And LD was confirmed on campus. So dont try to make it out like they were just lying or something.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I never implied they were lying. Only that the people who run the site are imps and demons.

Actually, I shouldn't judge so harshly. I have visited BOL very few times. It seems to be much like the other rival/scout sites for various schools. I'm just biased...against imps and demons, especially lesser ones.

I'm just biased...against imps and demons, especially lesser ones.

Well of course there's all manner of lesser imps and demons but the great $atan hisself wears a red shirt and has vipercated tail and hollow eyes and a faded lswho tatoo and . . . . . .

O' Brother where art thou if no one picked it up.

Ryan

Well of course there's all manner of lesser imps and demons but the great $atan hisself wears a red shirt and has vipercated tail and hollow eyes and a faded lswho tatoo and . . . . . .

Ryan

With most of this crowd you had us at "all manner". Usually at least one thread a week goes into quotes from that moive.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Oh, no, he's white, as white as you fellas. And he has hollow eyes and travels around with this mean old hound.

Sounds like Phillip Fulmer.

Well of course there's all manner of lesser imps and demons but the great $atan hisself wears a red purple or yellow shirt and has vipercated tail and hollow eyes and a faded lswho tatoo and . . . . . .

Ryan

Fixed that for you

Guest Tigrinum Major

Tig, BOL is MUUUUCH better than Bamamag. That place is crap.

I'll defer to your expert opinion on such matters. I am not a fan of the scout/rivals genre' of message boards.

Archived