"The Planet Has a Fever"

SupperClub

Gore Urges Congressional Action on Climate Issues

WASHINGTON — The United States must immediately freeze carbon dioxide emissions and begin sharp reductions of climate altering greenhouse gases, Al Gore told House lawmakers on Wednesday.

Knowing the impossibility of such an action, the former vice president urged international cooperation to come up with a cost-based system for measuring and limiting carbon emissions.

"The planet has a fever. If your baby has a fever, you go to the doctor. If the doctor says you need to intervene here, you don’t say, 'well, I read a science fiction novel that tells me it’s not a problem,' " Gore said. "If the crib’s on fire, you don’t speculate that the baby is flame retardant. You take action."

Gore arrived late to a House congressional hearing on Wednesday after deciding not to sit through Republican opening statements expressing skepticism at the science he uses to warn against global warming.

But when Gore did appear 30 minutes after the start of the hearing, he pushed for government action on his signature issue.

“There is a sense of hope in this country that this United States Congress will rise to the occasion and present meaningful solutions to this crisis,” said the Academy Award-winning writer of the documentary "An Inconvenient Truth."

Click me for more lunacy

They should have thrown him out on his pompous ass.

I'm fully convinced that Gore has gone nuts. He's literally lost his mind, and it's likely due to the 2000 election.

More cowbell?

What's an SNL skit have to do with............anything?

I'm sure the original poster gets it.

K. Just keep those private jokes comin' on the boards. <_<

Archived