Do you have an Hdtv or Standard-Definition tv

jumbo

I have found that a lot of people that I know have a hdtv without hd service! I have one friend that has Hd service and a standard definition tv! If you have Hd service which Hd channel is your favorite, mine would have to be Discovery hd theater and a close second Espn Hd!

This is my HDTV http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_KDL_46XBR2/45...7-31901206.html

I have DirecTV and my favorite HD channel is ESPNHD and TNTHD. TNTHD isnt the crispest quality wise but I do find it better HD wise and more interesting with some of their shows.

I have an HD TV with no HD service... it would cost too much for me right now to upgrade my charter service to get it.

This is my HDTV http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_KDL_46XBR2/45...7-31901206.html

I have DirecTV and my favorite HD channel is ESPNHD and TNTHD. TNTHD isnt the crispest quality wise but I do find it better HD wise and more interesting with some of their shows.

very nice I guess we will be at your house watching the game :big:

I like Discovery HD Theater, too. My wife will walk into the living room and I'll be watching a stream flowing through a meadow, and she'll ask if I'm high or something. I'd rather watch that on HD than some of her b.s. shows (Grey's Anatomy, Sex and the City) on standard-definition.

I also like any sports on HD. I used to hate watching baseball and golf on TV, but now I love it. The Masters was awesome! I wish Brighthouse would pony up and get National Geographic HD.

I have an HD TV and have HD service thru charter. But I have been thinking of satellite service. Anyone have an opinion of the benefits of satellite over cable?

The Discovery & National Geographic channels are great on HD. Sports are great as well.

If I were you Id stay with Charter for the time being until DirecTv gets their HD act together, which from what I am hearing will be the 3rd or 4th quarter of 07 and it is supposed to be a ton.

If I were you Id stay with Charter for the time being until DirecTv gets their HD act together, which from what I am hearing will be the 3rd or 4th quarter of 07 and it is supposed to be a ton.

Thanks

DirecTV is cool if you live in a big market (read B'ham). Auburn DirecTV blows, and Lexington DirecTV was half-sucky.

1. DirecTV makes you PURCHASE your equipment, though typically they come with instant rebates, rendering the purchase irrelevant. When your service ends, you keep the receiver. (That's the opposite of Dish Network.)

2. In order to get the instant rebate you are locked into a 2 year contract. (I got a DVR, HD box, and a standard receiver).

3. Though DirecTV offered local channels through their service to Lexington, they did not offer local channels in HD. For those, you had to hook up rabbit ears. The rabbit-ears channels were integrated into your on-screen TV guide, though, so if reception was good, you wouldn't really be able to tell the difference. BUT, they charge you like $12.99 whether you get local HDs or not.

4. When we moved back to Auburn (still locked into our 2 year contract) we found out that DirecTV does not provide ANY local channels to Auburn. You can pay extra to get New York local channels if that suits you, but you must get written authorization from your local channels (which in Auburn means both Columbus AND Montgomery). We only got authorization to receive CBS.

So, now I'm stuck with a DVR that can only record things from cable (yawn) and occasionally CBS. Otherwise, I watch FOX, NBC, etc. on rabbit ears. I've got a 52" Toshiba, with Freakin' Aluminum foil on rabbit ears. It's quite ghetto.

DirecTV is cool if you live in a big market (read B'ham). Auburn DirecTV blows, and Lexington DirecTV was half-sucky.

1. DirecTV makes you PURCHASE your equipment, though typically they come with instant rebates, rendering the purchase irrelevant. When your service ends, you keep the receiver. (That's the opposite of Dish Network.)

2. In order to get the instant rebate you are locked into a 2 year contract. (I got a DVR, HD box, and a standard receiver).

3. Though DirecTV offered local channels through their service to Lexington, they did not offer local channels in HD. For those, you had to hook up rabbit ears. The rabbit-ears channels were integrated into your on-screen TV guide, though, so if reception was good, you wouldn't really be able to tell the difference. BUT, they charge you like $12.99 whether you get local HDs or not.

4. When we moved back to Auburn (still locked into our 2 year contract) we found out that DirecTV does not provide ANY local channels to Auburn. You can pay extra to get New York local channels if that suits you, but you must get written authorization from your local channels (which in Auburn means both Columbus AND Montgomery). We only got authorization to receive CBS.

So, now I'm stuck with a DVR that can only record things from cable (yawn) and occasionally CBS. Otherwise, I watch FOX, NBC, etc. on rabbit ears. I've got a 52" Toshiba, with Freakin' Aluminum foil on rabbit ears. It's quite ghetto.

You can thank Charter for that!! They will not allow getting local channels from any of the satellite services. I have an LG 50" plasma HD, and Dishnetwork with HD service. We love Discovery HD. Get away from Charter as soon as you can, TigerMike!! :puke:

Thanks

I have had both and I like Direct Tv better than dish network and charter, the quality of the he recievers and the reception is top notch when installed correctly :big:

I like ESPN and Discovery in HD.

I've got Dish Network, and one channel seems odd to me: Food Network in HD. I understand why you'd want HD for nature shows, movies, sports, etc - but for cooking shows?

I like ESPN and Discovery in HD.

I've got Dish Network, and one channel seems odd to me: Food Network in HD. I understand why you'd want HD for nature shows, movies, sports, etc - but for cooking shows?

I like anything in Hd especially food

Archived