SI Poll: Which college football team do you hate the most

quietfan

Of course, all internet polls really measure is how many people actually use the interent or respond to polls, but this one is interesting:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/sioncampus/

[scroll to bottom right-hand corner of page]

What's interesting to me is that they only list 4 schools by name, with a fifth option of "other". The Four? Bama, Miami, Notre Dame, and Southern Cal... And as I think about it, those are the four I hate most, with clearly Bama first!

So far, however, Bama trails the other three in votes. Some of you may feel a duty to correct that.. :rolleyes:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's pretty much my 4 as well. Maybe throw the Luck-Eyes in there too.

I can't get to SI from work, but if I did it'd be tough to choose between USuCk & uat.

I've often pondered the hypothetical of who I would rather win if that game took place.

I ultimately decided I'd rather USuCk win so I didn't have to hear the inbreds thump their chest about how they pulled off what we couldn't.

The fact that UAT is last in the poll shows how irrelevant they have become.

The fact that they are in the poll with Miami, USC, and Notre Dame shows exactly how relevant they still are.

The fact that they are in the poll with Miami, USC, and Notre Dame shows exactly how relevant they still are.

When you've sucked for most of the last 25 years, being hated on top of that is nothing to aspire to.

When you've sucked for most of the last 25 years, being hated on top of that is nothing to aspire to.

If you suck for 25 years, nobody hates you and you don't make lists like that.

The fact that they are in the poll with Miami, USC, and Notre Dame shows exactly how relevant they still are were.

Fixed for better accuracy.

Please excuse me if I don't understand an Ivory Tower made for fans who've experienced one conference championship since the 80s.

I think the fact that they hired CN$ has more to do with why they are in this poll than any of their achievements over the past 25 years. When they hired Nick, it brought their name back into the spotlight, to which they have been bashed in the national media almost daily. JMHO.

Please excuse me if I don't understand an Ivory Tower made for fans who've experienced one conference championship since the 80s.

I don't quite get your point here, and how it has anything to do with the fact that your team is listed as one of the top 4 hated teams. See tou assume that it is because your team is a bunch of winners, my assumption is that it is based on an arrogant fan base that still assumes that they are winners even though they have seeped into mediocrity. The fact that you are defending uat as being in that poll just proves my point.

The reason that I don't like the other teams mentioned has nothing to do with their win loss record...I dislike USC because they play in a weak ass conference and our constantly being shoved down our throats week in and week out by the media, same thing goes for Notre Dame. The reason I dislike Miami is much like the same reason that uat is hated, dislike of their fan base. Miami still thinks they are the end all be all of college football when in truth they have also sunken into mediocrity. That and Miami has had a reputation of thugs sine Irvin and the 80's so people still have a general distaste for them.

And I think Supper is right if you still had Shula you would not be listed in this poll, adding CN$ to the equation brings about more hatred because he in general is a douchebag.

I dont think the poll has anything at all to do with W-L records and everything to do with the fanbases and or media love. Look ND hasnt won anything, no conference titles, no a MNCs, and no bowl game in at least 14 years and they are still 'relephant?' Sorry, but I dont think so.

I don't quite get your point here, and how it has anything to do with the fact that your team is listed as one of the top 4 hated teams. See tou assume that it is because your team is a bunch of winners, my assumption is that it is based on an arrogant fan base that still assumes that they are winners even though they have seeped into mediocrity. The fact that you are defending uat as being in that poll just proves my point.

The reason that I don't like the other teams mentioned has nothing to do with the their win loss record...I dislike USC because they play in a weak ass conference and our constantly being shoved down our throats week in and week out by the media, same thing goes for Notre Dame. The reason I dislike Miami is much like the same reason that uat is hated, dislike of their fan base. Miami still thinks they are the end all be all of college football when in truth they have also sunken into mediocrity. That and Miami has had a reputation of thugs sine Irvin and the 80's so people still have a general distaste for them.

And I think Supper is right if you still had Shula you would not be listed in this poll, adding CN$ to the equation brings about more hatred because he in general is a douchebag.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But I respectfully disagree.

Looks like bammer won 'em a new nashnul champeenship!

bammer logic: Everyone hates us therefore we are awesome. :rolleyes:

I think 518 hit the nail on the head when he said your very response to a poll that puts you in the top 4 hated programs in the nation by wearing it as a badge of honor is all the explanation you should need as to why you got there in the first place.

So you guys think it is just a coincidence that the 4 teams listed are 3 of the winningest programs of all time...and 1 that is one of the winningest programs of the last 3 decades?

for being so irrelevant, we sure are discussed here alot.....

This poll is meaningless anyway. I'm sure there's some high school team somewhere that's more hated than Alabama. Or maybe the Patriots are.

So you guys think it is just a coincidence that the 4 teams listed are 3 of the winningest programs of all time...and 1 that is one of the winningest programs of the last 3 decades?

Selective logic.

Ole Miss is one of the winningest programs of the 2003s.

In trying to make a point, you have to stretch back beyond the last 25 years -- or into the Bryant era again. It's all you have. In a short while, you'll become even more like Ole Miss and start talking about "most successful of the last FOUR decades." That's what they do, you know. They keep reaching further and further back to find validation. They still consider themselves an SEC power, too.

It's no stretch to say that Nebraska, for one, has been significantly more successful than Alabama over the last 25 years, but you don't find the Huskers on that list. It's not "winning" that makes people hate Alabama. There aren't many people still alive who remember Bama as "winners" anyway.

Selective logic.

In trying to make a point, you have to stretch back beyond the last 25 years -- or into the Bryant era again. It's all you have. In a short while, you'll become even more like Ole Miss and start talking about "most successful of the last FOUR decades." That's what they do, you know. They keep reaching further and further back to find validation. They still consider themselves an SEC power, too.

It's no stretch to say that Nebraska, for one, has been significantly more successful than Alabama over the last 25 years, but you don't find the Huskers on that list. It's not "winning" that makes people hate Alabama. There aren't many people still alive who remember Bama as "winners" anyway.

Like I've said before. In the last 25 years Bama has more bowl appearances, bowl wins, 10 win seasons, National Championships. Auburn has more conference championships, but that is counting championships between 82-89. Bama has more since the 80s. Auburn has only 1 SEC title since the SEC championship game was instituted. Alabama has represented the west more times than Auburn in the SEC title game.

So if we are irrelevant, Auburn is too...save their 2004 season. What did AU do between 89 and 04?

So we have one team that is known as outlaw U, one team that has a Heisman trophy winner whose house was paid for by an agent while still eligible, and one team that can't hang onto a coach for their life. Gosh, I wish we could be in that poll. :poke:

Selective logic.

Like I've said before. In the last 25 years Bama has more bowl appearances, bowl wins, 10 win seasons, National Championships. Auburn has more conference championships, but that is counting championships between 82-89. Bama has more since the 80s. Auburn has only 1 SEC title since the SEC championship game was instituted. Alabama has represented the west more times than Auburn in the SEC title game.

So if we are irrelevant, Auburn is too...save their 2004 season. What did AU do between 89 and 04?

Auburn is universally loved. You guys are universally hated.

We know what we are. For the last 25 years, AU's been one of the better teams in the SEC. We don't claim to be the alpha and omega of football. I'm happy with the state of our program. Have been since Barfield left. Down years are anomalies.

I don't know if I agree with any of this. Alabama IS Ole Miss. And Ole Miss really isn't hated that much outside Mississippi and maybe Louisiana. I just don't see it.

Archived