Saban Has 35 Documented Cases of Recruiting Violations

LegalEagle

But he has not reported any of them. Isn't he required to report any know violation by other members? Is it a violation not to?

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/rm....xml&coll=2

"Alabama coach Nick Saban says he has 35 documented cases of secondary violations by other coaches that he has not reported, although he has used them as a "What about them?" defense when confronted by compliance people questioning Saban about allegations made against him."

I wonder how many he knows Bammer committed that he has not reported.

NOTE - The article I referenced does not say they are all recruiting violations. I think I read that somewhere else. I don't think this would affect the question I pose. I apologize for the possible inaccuracy.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd really want my kids playing for a guy with such character and integrity that his defense is "Well, they cheat too!"

I wonder how many are legit. The guy isn't exactly known for being honest.

I'd really want my kids playing for a guy with such character and integrity that his defense is "Well, they cheat too!"

I wonder how many are legit. The guy isn't exactly known for being honest.

This guy is a head case. I don't mind you keeping the 35 "documented cases." But telling the media about them is nuts. Why won't he turn them in? Well, I don't think he wants to get into a truth-telling situation. He hasn't proven himself very good at that in the past.

Funny how the people who really matter,parents of current, future and past recruities, don't and didn't seems to mind their child playing for him. Fact is even kids that don't sign have parents who think highly of him.

The only people you see crying about this is some pissed media outlets who don't like the fact Saban doesn't kiss would be reporters a$$ess and worried rival fans who don't want Bama to get talent on par with them. Don't even deny that this hasn't been a problem and is slowly evening out. Secondary violations are committed by most every coach in America except tubby.

It's also strange that an aubie fan would take what a '' Bama run media outlet'' would print. If by what most of you say why would Bama let a media outlet they run put up such an article? (Watch this spin)

Saban's a lier but admits to secondary violations? Seems a lier would deny such allegations. Speaking of lier, didn't your coach tell a few here and there? Ooops we don't want to talk about that ,it was a long time ago. He must be a recovering lier. No that can't be it, once a lier always a lier. Maybe he's not now because he's your coach? Bingo, that's it!

Any one think tubs doesn't do the same thing is a homer. Keep grabing at thoses straws au nation. I know it helps sooth the chapped a$$ syndrom. Some of you have been on the warpath since signing day. That's what irritated some of you to keep begging for some kind of cheating even so far as to offer up $5,000 for conjured evidence. Any fan base has to admitt that that is insane.

I have never wished ncaa problems on any school. I still will never do that. The current system only hurts innocent fan bases and kids who want to play and get an education. Saying that, you keep waving your squeeky clean banner around and boasting of better than anyone else attitude. Most reasonable fans will admitt every school could get popped at almost any time. Every one of them have done and do things every year that could cause the ncaa to impose sanctions. Wheather it's purposely or accidental. You can believe one day the ncaa will be at your door. Deny it, wave it off ,or whatever you want. Sooner or later they'll show up. It only takes 1 discruntled recruite,parent, rival coach or employee. Ask Terry Bowden, after the hush fund is empty. Oh that's right ,he already admitted to au paying players. One day you'll be on the other side of the fence.

Point I'm making is it doesn't take much for the ncaa to start sniffing. They'll find something regardless of where they go. You guys also keep thinking your program doesn't do anything either. Keep up that trash throwing and sooner or later it will come back to nip your a$$.

I'm glad your enjoying the good fortunes hand wrapped to you by our last 10 years of probation and incommpitent bumbling by our administration. It won't last forever.

Funny how the people who really matter,parents of current, future and past recruities, don't and didn't seems to mind their child playing for him. Fact is even kids that don't sign have parents who think highly of him.

The only people you see crying about this is some pissed media outlets who don't like the fact Saban doesn't kiss would be reporters a$$ess and worried rival fans who don't want Bama to get talent on par with them. Don't even deny that this hasn't been a problem and is slowly evening out. Secondary violations are committed by most every coach in America except tubby.

It's also strange that an aubie fan would take what a '' Bama run media outlet'' would print. If by what most of you say why would Bama let a media outlet they run put up such an article? (Watch this spin)

Saban's a lier but admits to secondary violations? Seems a lier would deny such allegations. Speaking of lier, didn't your coach tell a few here and there? Ooops we don't want to talk about that ,it was a long time ago. He must be a recovering lier. No that can't be it, once a lier always a lier. Maybe he's not now because he's your coach? Bingo, that's it!

Any one think tubs doesn't do the same thing is a homer. Keep grabing at thoses straws au nation. I know it helps sooth the chapped a$$ syndrom. Some of you have been on the warpath since signing day. That's what irritated some of you to keep begging for some kind of cheating even so far as to offer up $5,000 for conjured evidence. Any fan base has to admitt that that is insane.

I have never wished ncaa problems on any school. I still will never do that. The current system only hurts innocent fan bases and kids who want to play and get an education. Saying that, you keep waving your squeeky clean banner around and boasting of better than anyone else attitude. Most reasonable fans will admitt every school could get popped at almost any time. Every one of them have done and do things every year that could cause the ncaa to impose sanctions. Wheather it's purposely or accidental. You can believe one day the ncaa will be at your door. Deny it, wave it off ,or whatever you want. Sooner or later they'll show up. It only takes 1 discruntled recruite,parent, rival coach or employee. Ask Terry Bowden, after the hush fund is empty. Oh that's right ,he already admitted to au playOne day you'll be on the other side of the fence.

Point I'm making is it doesn't take much for the ncaa to start sniffing. They'll find something regardless of where they go. You guys also keep thinking your program doesn't do anything either. Keep up that trash throwing and sooner or later it will come back to nip your a$$.

I'm glad your enjoying the good fortunes hand wrapped to you by our the last 10 years of probation and incommpitent bumbling by our administration. It won't last forever and admitt it on not it is a fact.

What amazes me is how the Alabama faithful want to spin anything negative. I mean come on. Everyone knows he's a jerk. You can turn on ANY media outlet and get that he's a jerk. But I will tell you from personal experience that he is a lying piece of crap. And he does do things that are very shady. Choose not to believe if you want to I don't care, but I've got family that played and was recruited by him.

I never said he wasn't a jerk. I don't know him and don't care if he is. Your missing the point.

Isn't this a problem on some level?

I don't think a coach has to be the most likeable guy. I'm sure a lot of them are a bit of a jerk to some extent. Most head coaches aren't there for popularity results. :)

I also called him a lying piece of crap (not jsut a jerk) ...Oh i got the point he's an honest, hard working, bestest coach in the whole wide world...that would never ever do anything unethical...

I never said he wasn't a jerk. I don't know him and don't care if he is. Your missing the point.

Isn't this a problem on some level?

Eh, that depends on what kind of fan you are, I guess. A lot of people liked Mike Shula, not just because he played for us, but he just seemed like such a nice damn guy. Many people didn't like Perkins, but he also wasn't people wanted for a coach after Bryant. Being a jerk helped him none. I think the reason most Alabama fans would want to 'spin' Saban is that sure, he's a jerk, but he's a winning jerk. You guys would be crazy to think that winning doesn't make faults go further back in people's minds.

Bottom line, and I know all of you know this, is that if you are a winner, most of what you do doesn't matter. But by the same token, if you are a jerk, and you lose, you don't have long to last.

I also called him a lying piece of crap (not jsut a jerk) ...Oh i got the point he's an honest, hard working, bestest coach in the whole wide world...that would never ever do anything unethical...

Your the only one here saying this. I never stated any of what you are saying. Did you read what's posted?

While not a 100% certainty, I would say that most people who are jerks and treat others like they are beneath them are not typically paragons of ethical conduct.

While not a 100% certainty, I would say that most people who are jerks and treat others like they are beneath them are not typically paragons of ethical conduct.

Good point and I would say fairly accurate. I'm not a big fan of those type people either. Certain situations dictate these opinions negatively and positively. It depends on experience around the individule. Not just through the job or media but personally as well.

Also ones image portrayed by and in the media doesn't mean that is who they are. Being a jerk in an interview or most or even all interviews doesn't define who they are.

I would say most people don't know the coaches well enough to form an accurate assesment of who they really are away from the job or in the media's eye. We all know the media can portray someone in the wrong way. Not saying it is . Only it does happen.

For instance, anyone's image at work or on the job may not be who they are personally.

Regardless of image to the general public, sometimes opinions or experiences can and do vary.

I've meet people who come across like complete A holes and have kept that opinion of them for some time until understanding how their demeanor or mannerisms come across.

I'm not making excuses or saying this is the case. I simply don't know for sure and neither do most. I'm just saying I have had similar situation before and I'm sure some others have as well.

Don't misunderstand me. Saban certainly doesn't seem like a very likable guy most of the time but it doen't mean he's shady, unethical or a bad person. Secondary violations are something almost all coaches do so please don't use that.

I certainly understand your point TT. Well said.

i would like to know what his source is on that info. there is no direct quote from CNS in that story. yeah, i'm sure he called up CNS and he said "Ray, i have 35 documented cases about other coaches. the NCAA is in here every day asking me about violations by us, and i keep asking them 'what about these other teams?". if he did, one would think he would directly quote him. if we have some violations, then so be it and the NCAA should take appropriate action. but i'm sure you guys will defend the columnist till death because he's saying something most of you want to hear.

The only people that don't report crime are criminals. Saban doesn't report violations by other teams? Wonder why?

Could it be that all of these violations aren't current - that they were at Toledo, Michigan State, LSU, and Alerbammer when he was head coach of each? :roflol:

I hate using Finebaum as a reference but he's a great example of what many of you have brought up. There has been no bigger Saban bobo honker than PF. However, after 7-6 and treating the media like crap, even Finebaum has gone off on him. Now, he's back on the bandwagon after signing day. Bottom line, you win and folks don't care what you do or how you act. When you don't live up to expectations, being a jerk is magnified by the media, fans etc.

I hate using Finebaum as a reference but he's a great example of what many of you have brought up. There has been no bigger Saban bobo honker than PF. However, after 7-6 and treating the media like crap, even Finebaum has gone off on him. Now, he's back on the bandwagon after signing day. Bottom line, you win and folks don't care what you do or how you act. When you don't live up to expectations, being a jerk is magnified by the media, fans etc.

Despite the hate you have towards me Auesquire,I could not agree with you more.

I really hate Finebomb, have for a long time. He was as you put it a '' Saban bobo honker'' when he was hired. Bashed him after the season and now we seem to be the flavor of the week for him.

He does know his job and knows it well. I don't understand the folks that applaude him one week and are pissed at him the next?

Anyway, I agree, winning seems to cure or mask almost anything. That works for everyone.

( I hope I didn't misspell anything?) :P

I really hate Finebomb, have for a long time. He was as you put it a '' Saban bobo honker'' when he was hired. Bashed him after the season and now we seem to be the flavor of the week for him.

He does know his job and knows it well. I don't understand the folks that applaude him one week and are pissed at him the next?

Anyway, I agree, winning seems to cure or mask almost anything. That works for everyone.

Hate is such a strong word. I prefer loathe or despise.

I keed, of course :big:

No worries here. Hey, you're gettin' this message board thing down. By the way, there's no e on the end of applaud. I'll let you off with just a warning this time.

I have never wished ncaa problems on any school. I still will never do that. The current system only hurts innocent fan bases and kids who want to play and get an education. Saying that, you keep waving your squeeky clean banner around and boasting of better than anyone else attitude. Most reasonable fans will admitt every school could get popped at almost any time. Every one of them have done and do things every year that could cause the ncaa to impose sanctions. Wheather it's purposely or accidental. You can believe one day the ncaa will be at your door. Deny it, wave it off ,or whatever you want. Sooner or later they'll show up. It only takes 1 discruntled recruite,parent, rival coach or employee. Ask Terry Bowden, after the hush fund is empty. Oh that's right ,he already admitted to au paying players. One day you'll be on the other side of the fence.

I'm glad your enjoying the good fortunes hand wrapped to you by our last 10 years of probation and incommpitent bumbling by our administration. It won't last forever.

Are you smarter than a 5th grader? :(

No worries here. Hey, you're gettin' this message board thing down. By the way, there's no e on the end of applaud. I'll let you off with just a warning this time.

Loathe or despise I can live with.

Damn it man I can see that this spelling thing is going to drive me freaking mad.

I did know it has no e. That was mearly a typo. :lol:

bojack34 where the he!! you been? I think I've already taken the heat on that one. :moon:

Loathe or despise I can live with.

Damn it man I can see that this spelling thing is going to drive me freaking mad.

I did know it has no e. That was mearly a typo. :lol:

bojack34 where the he!! you been? I think I've already taken the heat on that one. :moon:

LOL! :)

You were saying?

After reading this, I am getting dizzy and need to go lie down. Although once I become a lier, I will get up at some point.

You were saying?

After reading this, I am getting dizzy and need to go lie down. Although once I become a lier, I will get up at some point.

(yawn)

Isn't this a clear case of ''beating a dead horse?''

Lets get with the program AUmattyD, add some substance to the thread.

Archived