Clemson or UAT???

AE 91

For the last 20+ years I have been able to pull for UAT when they were not playing AU.

I laugh when they lose to teams like ULM, but deep down I want them to represent the SEC well.

It has definately been much easier since I moved to Florida.

Why am I having such a tough time pulling for UAT to beat Clemson?

People outside the SEC have made comments about how the SEC sticks together. I cant seem to do that this year. Go Tigers.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you. There's probably a couple reasons for it:

1. The bammers level of obnoxious this year is unbearable and would like nothing more than to shut them up.

2. Yes the SEC has tended to stick together, but Bama losing to clemson doesn't really hurt the SEC as a whole. Other conferences do have good teams, and thats ok. There's nothing wrong with the SEC's 6th team losing to the ACC's best. No one is going to say the SEC is "down" because of it.

I would also like to note: with the way the bammers have been talking smack around here, there are no more MORAL VICTORIES.

Remember...A mind...is a terrible thing. :poke::lol:

:au::homer:

a bama win would be an upset and we would benefit, that is also the main reason i believe that it is not very likely to happen, if clemson comes out the way they did against fl. st. last year, saban's honeymoon will be over, i actually see bama at 2-2, possibly 1-3 for september, beware of those hilltoppers, this has got trap game written all over it. mcelwain was one hell of a hire, my advice for them is demand and expect saban to stay out of his way, that being said napolean, i mean satan, i mean saban's ego will not allow him to do so, especially if they struggle early.

I don't know if any of the Alabama folks on this board are going to the game but traffic is going to be insane. If anyone has driven through the connector on a weekend this summer, construction is going to be wrapping up this weekend and the exits to get into and out of downtown will probably be closed.

Good luck!

For the last 20+ years I have been able to pull for UAT when they were not playing AU.

I laugh when they lose to teams like ULM, but deep down I want them to represent the SEC well.

People outside the SEC have made comments about how the SEC sticks together. I cant seem to do that this year. Go Tigers.

A Bammer win in ATL against Clemson would help Nickpoleon with recruiting in GA next year. I hope Clemson beats them 63-0, and I hope the Bammers boo the tide off the field. I hope Whiffin misses his only field goal attempt from 48 yards.

I'll pull for the rest of the SEC. Go Vandy! Go Vols! Go Gators!

Looking at the numbers that the analysts seem to believe are accurate ranking both teams, Alabama should lose this game by 20 points or more.

Clemson was ranked as the 3rd or 4th best defense in the nation preseason. Their offense is supposed to be very dynamic as well.

I just see this as an opening season loss for the bama fans. I must say I do like these games though. The meeting in Atlanta is really fun.

A Bammer win in ATL against Clemson would help Nickpoleon with recruiting in GA next year. I hope Clemson beats them 63-0, and I hope the Bammers boo the tide off the field. I hope Whiffin misses his only field goal attempt from 48 yards.

I'll pull for the rest of the SEC. Go Vandy! Go Vols! Go Gators!

agree and I hope uat doesn't even get a first down. Go TIGERS!!!

USA today "odds" has Clemson as a 5 point fav. We need Bama to lose in ATL and the fans to show their "cl ASS". Bammers coming into town on I20.....get off before the I75/85 connector and drive throught the dangerous neighborhoods. The connector weekend road construction will be awful.

I don't see bammer winning this game either, but I don't see Clemson making it a blowout. They are chronic underachievers under Bowden. I think they win by 7 or less.

Honestly, thats a slim line based on rankings and depth of the 2 teams.

It will be an interesting game to watch.

All the close betting line tells me is that there are a lot of bammer fans betting on the game after consuming the recruiting kool-aid for the past several months. Clemson by 14-15.

I don't see Bama winning this game. Losing this game probably won't hurt Bama in the fans eyes as most Bama fans don't expect to win this game. If Bama gets "blown out" then that is another issue....

Yeah, we know. "No Bama fans expect to win this game". Yadda yadda yadda. Who Lee Oh for President.

Most of the time I tend to pull for the SEC over another conference, except when UT and LSU take the field. Heck, I would root for the Irish over them two, but ever since $abear was hired and all the smack talk I have heard, all I can so is GO TIGERS!!!!

I don't see Bama winning, but lose by no more than 7 or 10, Titan hit it on the head, Tommy and his tigers underachieve every year.

Is this a joke?

What is this "pulling for bama" thing of which you speak?

ROGER THAT-OVER!!! The only thing I'm pulling for bama to do is lose UNLESS it means Auburn either A.) Gets to go to the SEC Championship. or 2.) Gets to go to the BCS Championship Game(and I'm not quite sure how this one might ever happen??)

Now with that being said, I will of course be spitting out the bile and/or vomit that will no doubt be accumulating in my mouth as a direct result of having to use any words of encouragement toward the turds.....

Last time I actually wanted them to win was in '92 because I thought I hated Miami more than bamar. Boy I regret that to this day. I'll never do it again.

I also don't see Clem (or his son) choking on this game. They start strong and fold midseason. Check UNC or Tech on their schedule. That's the one you want to watch the line on. Oh, and when he plays Daddy and if his job on the line (conspiracy theory inc.) I expect them to beat FSU. Heck, I don't even know if they play FSU this year I care so little about the ACC, but in my mind this is the kind of stuff that happens. ;)

C L E M S O N... T I G E RRRRRR S!

Also known as Auburn with a lake. When they beat bamar, do we get to count that as the streak? I'm sure they'll count the streak as broken if they pull off a miracle.

I'm going to the game. I wish I could get there early enough to avoid the nightmare traffic.

Doesn't look like thats a viable option.

Clemson by 3.

Archived