Want to read it yourself?

DKW 86

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=46&f=3167&t=2888896

Well, we can pile on the stats the next few weeks and get our hopes up again. We can attribute this loss to not being prepared or any other excuse that we can muster. Then we will play a legit team and get destroyed again. We'll call for the coaches heads and they might pull out a win against SC and we will forgive them. Then next year comes and repeat. We must collectively be into S&M because we seem to like the abuse.

Guys, I truly feel sorry for that bunch. They have gotten used to bowden getting his ass handed to him by the real teams.

34-10 is a pretty good licking, especially considering their high expectations. And the game was not even as close as the final score - Bama dominated them. It's one thing to lose a tight, hard-fought game, but this beating had to hurt bigtime.

34-10 is a pretty good licking, especially considering their high expectations. And the game was not even as close as the final score - Bama dominated them. It's one thing to lose a tight, hard-fought game, but this beating had to hurt bigtime.

had JPW not overthrown JJ by about 7 yards and not overthrown Maze, it would have been 48-10. but then again, if Clemson had scored on every drive we would have lost so i guess that really doesn't matter. i thought we would win by 10 points and that was being about 200% completely optimistic. i never would have thought we would win it by 24. that game was Woodshed material.

I had no idea just how BAdD clemson is this year. To get taken to the woodshed by a middle of the pack SEC team says it all.

Unless Clemson runs the table from here on out, Bowden is gone. Those folks(my parents included) have had it after thay game. Like many have said in here......to lose a close, hard fought game is one thing. To get BLASTED is another. There line play was horrible, and while you could expect the Oline to struggle, the D-line has no excuses.

Nice win for the SEC and Bama.

Clemson may be #1 in the ACC this year for one reason and one reason only: The ACC is absolutely horrible.

No way Clemson beats South Carolina or any other respectible team outside the ACC for that matter. After Clemson fell behind they just laid down. Their offense was horrible and their defense looked like swiss cheese. Not to mention their body language and the way they acted towards one another during the entire game...

I don't understand why everyone says Alabama is middle of the road SEC. It's one game and they looked outstanding. If college football tells us anything, it is that you can't judge a team this year based on last year. Alabama doesn't look anything like last years team. They looked like a top team.

I don't understand why everyone says Alabama is middle of the road SEC.

Uhhh...because they ARE!!! :puke:

:au::homer:

I don't understand why everyone says Alabama is middle of the road SEC. It's one game and they looked outstanding. If college football tells us anything, it is that you can't judge a team this year based on last year. Alabama doesn't look anything like last years team. They looked like a top team.

They did look like a top team last year against UT, remember? And remember their season record and the loss to ULM? With their lack of depth and JPW's schizo up-and-down performances, there will be numerous times this year when they look middle of the road SEC or worse. They played a perfect game against a team that was really borderline Top 20...

Ummm...Did Bama look kind of like they did in the UT-UAT game last year? One game does not a season make.

I guess my point is, people are claiming they are middle of the road SEC for this season and nothing has shown that they are that. Alabama could go 12-0, but people are comparing Clemson to playing a "middle of the road" SEC team. My point is - based on the one game of this season (because this team is different from all previous teams), Alabama is not a middle of the road team. They may turn out to be one, but based on the one game played this season (because that is all that has been played this season), they are not middle of the road.

Ok PC, point taken - but still Clemson was taken to the woodshed. Whether or not is was a middle of the pack SEC team, or Southern Cal, that was straight up embarrassing.

The score could, and should, have been much much worse.

Hey Alabama looked like a top team last year also. I mean as long as we're just looking at one game then let's just look at last years Tennessee game.

(should have read rest of thread before posting)

I think, until the other teams in the leage prove otherwise, Alabama still should be considered a middle pack SEC team. We beat the crap out of the ACC's supposed best, but we need to beat teams in our own league before we make any decisions about where we are.

ACC is one thing, SEC is a complete different thing.

well bammer would have beaten Auburn last night if they had played. Our offense wasn't even SEC caliber.

That doesn't make any sense, 'Bama prepared to play the # 9 team in the country on national TV in the Georgia Dome; Auburn prepared to play ULM at home, while feeling out new OC and DC coordinators. CTT would have prepared differently, and Auburn would have played with 10 times the intensity, if they had been in the Georgia Dome last night...

well bammer would have beaten Auburn last night if they had played. Our offense wasn't even SEC caliber.

That doesn't make any sense, 'Bama prepared to play the # 9 team in the country on national TV in the Georgia Dome; Auburn prepared to play ULM at home, while feeling out new OC and DC coordinators. CTT would have prepared differently, and Auburn would have played with 10 times the intensity, if they had been in the Georgia Dome last night...

If that is true then Auburn will lose a lot of games, so Auburn was prepared? Intensity better not be a problem, remember Miss St, South Florida?

If that is true then Auburn will lose a lot of games, so Auburn was prepared? Intensity better not be a problem, remember Miss St, South Florida?

You have got to be kidding me. Auburn planned to play ULM, and knew they would not have to pass alot, so they prepared for a running game. One pared down not to use a whole lot of their playbook. There is no need to show your hand when you don't need to. On the other hand, Alabama had to use their entire arsenal

and, quite possibly, most of their intensity and heart, in Atlanta, and I'm not totally sure they can play up to that level for a while. You bet I remember Mississippi State and South Florida. We are a much better team than last year and I only see better things coming. Were we prepared last night? I think so, we just didn't see any need to show off everything we had IN THAT GAME. We have to save surprises for Georgia, Tennessee, and the like. And yes, even Alabama.

Did you guys catch the front page of ESPN.com this morning. It reminded me of the "Bama's Back" SI cover. :roflol:

I have to agree with little Nicky when he said that the UAT fans should not get too excited by this win. He knows that Clemson is an ACC team and not and SEC team.

One of the ESPN talking heads said it best yesterday, I think it was Herbie, that if Clemson, supposed cream of the crop in the ACC this year, gets beat by an SEC team picked to finish 5th or 6th in the conference, then that really tells you how much of a gap there is between the ACC and the SEC.

With that said, I still give kudos to UAT for going and getting the job done on a neutral field. Maybe they need to make the Georgia Dome their new home field since they seem to play better there then in Tuscaloosa.

He just said that to check your "Bama defense" reflexes. You're right on time.

On the other hand, Alabama had to use their entire arsenal

False

very false. we weren't the ones running 2-3 trick plays, that was Clemson. they even tried the AU "switch around the tight ends to try and confuse the LB" trick for a series and that didn't work too well either. Clemson is the team that used their entire arsenal. were you even watching the game? our playcalling was good, but it was very vanilla if you actually watched the game.

False

very false. we weren't the ones running 2-3 trick plays, that was Clemson. they even tried the AU "switch around the tight ends to try and confuse the LB" trick for a series and that didn't work too well either. Clemson is the team that used their entire arsenal. were you even watching the game? our playcalling was good, but it was very vanilla if you actually watched the game.

Yeah Clemson did pull out some trick plays but they in no way showed their enitre arsenal either.

So your telling me that Clemson will only run the ball 15-20 times a game this year in each game?

I agree though that Alabama was very vanilla on both sides of the ball but Clemson just looked horrible last night. I knew it was over at halftime and I could tell that Clemson's players looked totally dejected by halftime.

False

Yeah Clemson did pull out some trick plays but they in no way showed their enitre arsenal either.

So your telling me that Clemson will only run the ball 15-20 times a game this year in each game?

I agree though that Alabama was very vanilla on both sides of the ball but Clemson just looked horrible last night. I knew it was over at halftime and I could tell that Clemson's players looked totally dejected by halftime.

neither you nor i can honestly say whether they did or not. but i think we could both agree they pulled some toys out of the toybox. when i started seeing them do the TE shuffle i was a little worried because it threw us off a little in the game against you guys, but they responded well to it.

i don't know how many times Clemson will only run the ball 15-20 times. but i can feel pretty confident in saying i doubt another team on their schedule holds them to a net 1 yard rushing. they didn't have much of a choice but to abandon the run. their center was the lone returning starter on the OL, and that "morbidly obese" NT Terrence Cody (the one that many here said was way too obese to play) absolutely owned him down after down. at one point, they were having to triple team him. when you have that sort of thing going on in the trenches, it really frees up your LBs and makes it very tough to run the ball. and a CNS defense depends on the LB corps fairly heavily. i felt going into it if we could force them to the air, even though they have a good QB, i felt pretty good about our secondary. plus the DL kept constant pressure on their QB on passing downs. it was just an overall effort.

Archived