Gus Malzahn on AU vs Uat prep.

AUdrew1

GUS the BUS!

Watch the video and look at his facial expressions at about the 3:26 mark. Wonder what he is thinking. What are some things that you would like to see or think we will see Friday?

I'd like to see a screen pass pretty early. They don't have many sacks, so let them think they are getting some pass rush and then burn their butts!

And, they have a lot of interceptions, so I bet we can burn them on a pump fake on the short pass to TZach. They are going to be very aggressive going for the INT.

The triple option is boring, we run that like all the time. I want so see a sideways snap to a receiver, who then laterals back the ball to Cam Newton, who then throws a 80 yard touchdown pass to himself.

GUS the BUS!

Watch the video and look at his facial expressions at about the 3:26 mark. Wonder what he is thinking. What are some things that you would like to see or think we will see Friday?

I was thinking the same thing. That was a great smile.

I'd like to see the first half last year for the whole 60 minutes this year.

Or maybe Cam walking toward the sideline like a time-out was called and the ball is snapped to O mac and he takes off for a long run or the ball is snapped to Kodi and he tosses it to Cam who finds Adams on a post pattern for a huge gain.

I want so see a sideways snap to a receiver, who then laterals back the ball to Cam Newton, who then throws a 80 yard touchdown pass to himself.

If this happens they should give him 2 Heisman trophies! :roflol:

GUS the BUS!

Hadn't really paid much attention to CGM in the interviews, but he sure does come off as a cool customer, and one who plays things very close to the vest. Great mind set for a OC, to be sure.

As for special plays, we'll see something, that's a given. But we'll pound them w/ some more Dyer, I think, before we unleash OM and Cam. Or not.

I was stunned we pulled the 'statue of liberty' type play out vs thUGA, and did it twice! ( I still didn't see where Mosely held on that first play, btw ) I think that play stands, we obliterate thUGA, and it's not even a game after that.

Or maybe Cam walking toward the sideline like a time-out was called and the ball is snapped to O mac and he takes off for a long run or the ball is snapped to Kodi and he tosses it to Cam who finds Adams on a post pattern for a huge gain.

I think we run at least one play that will embarass the uat D. You know one of them there "gimmick" plays that Stallings and the toothless masses don't understand...

I was stunned we pulled the 'statue of liberty' type play out vs thUGA, and did it twice! ( I still didn't see where Mosely held on that first play, btw ) I think that play stands, we obliterate thUGA, and it's not even a game after that.

I think that Gus showed that play for a reason. Just can't wait to see why friday.

I think that Gus showed that play for a reason. Just can't wait to see why friday.

I love how he connects the plays together. A play that was shown last in week 3 or 4 comes back in a variation that has not been seen.

I'd like to see us rush 60 times for around 440 yards and six touchdowns, and hold the ball for 40 minutes TOP. A complete beat down.

One thing I love about Malzahn is how he sets plays up during games and even throughout the season. As was mentioned earlier, he shows a play in week 3 or 4 and then runs again in a variation. To that point, at times it has felt like plays were ran more than once to show a tendency that he created for a reason. Perhaps I'm giving him too much credit for being ballsy. I also agree the statue of liberty play was run twice last week for a reason.

We certainly have plays that have been practiced specifically for Alabama. Anyone that has ever played football knows how these plays develop. Your coach has some crazy idea in practice and draws the play up, you run it and fail miserably the first time but it is run repeatedly throughout the season as an end to practice or to perk the team up during a hard day. When these plays are called during the game it is an immediate morale boost. We will definitely see one Friday.

I love how this offense changes and evolves throughout the season. Its definately a different animal than Ive ever seen in college football.

I'd like to see us rush 60 times for around 440 yards and six touchdowns, and hold the ball for 40 minutes TOP. A complete beat down.

You are too conservative. I want to see 75 rushes averaging 8 yards per play and using up 48 minutes TOP. That should translate to about 63-0.

Maybe something like this? :rolleyes:

that looks like Mississippi State and LSU.

Don't know what Gus the Sorcerer has up his sleeve...but I don't think they were practicing in the privacy of Jordan-Hare just for a change of scenery. :rolleyes::big:

Well one reason they may have practiced in the stadium is because they have started breaking ground on the new indoor practice facility that will run along Samford. When it's finished you will no longer be able to see the practice field from the road. Contractor started monday right after AU vs UGA game.

Archived