Stefon Diggs

RunInRed

Apparently had a good visit at UF this weekend. Lets hope he likes the new OC.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I assume the coaches can still go visit him before he signs? Do we still have a shot? If so it would be a great WR class.

Diggs taking his time with decision

While Stefon Diggs' Good Counsel (Md.) teammates signed their letters of intent last Wednesday, the coveted wide receiver abstained as he continues to contemplate where he will play football this fall.

The school has become inundated with phone calls regarding Diggs' intentions, according to Good Counsel athletic director Mark Jankovitz.

“We consistently hear from media outlets or scouting services who ask if he's made a decision yet. He has some very good options. I think he's just trying to be thorough in making sure that he's going to make the right choice,” said Jankovitz.

Diggs is expected to announce his decision on Friday, but his high school coach, Bob Milloy, is hoping otherwise.

“I'm going out of town to do a clinic in Louisville, leaving Friday morning. I asked (Diggs) to move it to Thursday or Monday so I could be there,” said Milloy. “My plans were set three months ago and I knew that signing day was Feb. 1 so I originally planned the clinic so it wouldn't conflict. Now, it is conflicting, but he's the one that changed it. I'd love to have him change it to Thursday.”

Diggs visited Ohio State Jan. 27, but the trip was abbreviated as he was due back in Maryland on the Saturday to take the SATs. Although brief, Milloy said the five-star athlete enjoyed his visit.

“He only could be there for one night, but he liked it very much,” Milloy said.

Diggs made his official visit to Florida on Jan. 20. The Gators and Buckeyes are front-runners in the race for Diggs, but a weekend trip to Maryland could pose a new threat. Weighing heavily in favor of Maryland is the fact that Diggs' Good Counsel teammate and close friend, Wes Brown, committed to the Terrapins on Wednesday.

While the college football world anxiously awaits Diggs' decision, Milloy says his former player has remained unperturbed throughout the ordeal.

“Nothing fazes Stefon. He's just hanging out and being a kid. He came in my office earlier today (Friday) and grabbed a bag of Doritos from my desk. I haven't seen him since,” said Milloy with a laugh.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20120205/ARTICLES/120209684/1090/gatorsfootball?Title=Diggs-taking-his-time-with-decision

Diggs taking his time with decision

While Stefon Diggs' Good Counsel (Md.) teammates signed their letters of intent last Wednesday, the coveted wide receiver abstained as he continues to contemplate where he will play football this fall.

The school has become inundated with phone calls regarding Diggs' intentions, according to Good Counsel athletic director Mark Jankovitz.

“We consistently hear from media outlets or scouting services who ask if he's made a decision yet. He has some very good options. I think he's just trying to be thorough in making sure that he's going to make the right choice,” said Jankovitz.

Diggs is expected to announce his decision on Friday, but his high school coach, Bob Milloy, is hoping otherwise.

“I'm going out of town to do a clinic in Louisville, leaving Friday morning. I asked (Diggs) to move it to Thursday or Monday so I could be there,” said Milloy. “My plans were set three months ago and I knew that signing day was Feb. 1 so I originally planned the clinic so it wouldn't conflict. Now, it is conflicting, but he's the one that changed it. I'd love to have him change it to Thursday.”

Diggs visited Ohio State Jan. 27, but the trip was abbreviated as he was due back in Maryland on the Saturday to take the SATs. Although brief, Milloy said the five-star athlete enjoyed his visit.

“He only could be there for one night, but he liked it very much,” Milloy said.

Diggs made his official visit to Florida on Jan. 20. The Gators and Buckeyes are front-runners in the race for Diggs, but a weekend trip to Maryland could pose a new threat. Weighing heavily in favor of Maryland is the fact that Diggs' Good Counsel teammate and close friend, Wes Brown, committed to the Terrapins on Wednesday.

While the college football world anxiously awaits Diggs' decision, Milloy says his former player has remained unperturbed throughout the ordeal.

“Nothing fazes Stefon. He's just hanging out and being a kid. He came in my office earlier today (Friday) and grabbed a bag of Doritos from my desk. I haven't seen him since,” said Milloy with a laugh.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20120205/ARTICLES/120209684/1090/gatorsfootball?Title=Diggs-taking-his-time-with-decision

How convenient that an article at a lizard website would leave AUBURN off of Diggs final list of possibilities.

How convenient that an article at a lizard website would leave AUBURN off of Diggs final list of possibilities.

If they don't report it, it can't be true, right ?

<_<

Late for me to be commenting on a 5 star's highlight reel I guess (and dating myself a bit here) but IMHO this guy looks just like Gayle Sayers when he runs. Love the spin-move blocked punt too. Freaky athletics.

A more recent comparison... Percy Harvin. Same kind of full-speed cuts. I'd like to have him on our team.

A more recent comparison... Percy Harvin. Same kind of full-speed cuts. I'd like to have him on our team.

Good call. Dead ringer for Harvin.

I almost want him to commit to bama, just so they'll be forced to process another player.

"I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there"

Hope we get him, regardless, but if that's a good comparison, that really raises the stakes. Saw Harvin live in 06 at AU (his FR year); as fast as anyone I've seen with the ball in his hands.

Let me just caveat this: I don't think canuck is saying Diggs is as good as Gale Sayers; I'm not saying he's as good as Harvin. I just see a little of that in him. That's his maximum potential. That's what he could be if everything works (work ethic, opportunity, grades, good behavior, etc.).

To announce Friday At 10pm est. Says Ohio St.,Florida, and Auburn all looked great,but can only choose one. Would be a nice pick up if we get. Per ESPN.

To announce Friday At 10pm est. Says Ohio St.,Florida, and Auburn all looked great,but can only choose one. Would be a nice pick up if we get. Per ESPN.

Not that I expected differently, but Maryland was eliminated?

They've decided to not play football this year.

I don't think so. Maryland is the home team and had Diggs' last visit. He could just be tossing a bone to the three second place finishers. Or not...Diggs has been all over the board and he, himself, may not know what he's going to say Friday night.

Maryland is a garbage fire right now. I'm not one for firing coaches after one year, but Edsall was HORRIBLE.

So according to a Buckeyes fan (you know, the school that is on probation) the reason Auburn has fallen off of his list (don't know where he got that info) is because the bagman ran out of money because of Diamond. I just asked him what school was currently on probation. When will the AU bashing cease? Oh wait, never. Also, according to Twitter he is announcing tomorrow. This may be due to his high school coach having to go to a clinic before Friday.

Archived