Stefon Diggs

RunInRed

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell the Buck-Heist fan to go sell some memorabilia.....

And another

47516.jpg

It would be nice to have him sign... still a great class if he doesn't. WDE!!

Not saying I don't want him. I'm saying I don't want all this BS

Yeah, it's kind of some overkill. When a player doesn't sign on NSD it leads me to believe they are doing so for the publicity. They've had a year(s) to think about this decision.

Yeah, it's kind of some overkill. When a player doesn't sign on NSD it leads me to believe they are doing so for the publicity. They've had a year(s) to think about this decision.

I'd like to have him sign with Auburn, but you are correct, this sort of messing around gives one cause rethink things.

Mike Farrell @rivalsmike

Just to clarify, I have no firm word that Diggs is choosing #Maryland, but that is my prediction based on many things. 6PM we find out

I'd like to have him sign with Auburn, but you are correct, this sort of messing around gives one cause rethink things.

Eh, no real indication in my mind that there's any messing around or BS. We don't even know for sure that his plans have changed, we just have 1 tweet from @SebiSalazar (who?!?!?!).

He could have a million reasons for waiting, changing, rethinking (possibly he'd eliminated Auburn but our coaches gave him more to think about?). None of it affects my life or Auburn's chances of winning football games next year that I can see.

Bad move to sign with Maryland tonight. I guess like Beckham, he wanted to be guaranteed to be the big dog at a mediocre school. We don't want a player like that at Auburn.

Bad move to sign with Maryland tonight. I guess like Beckham, he wanted to be guaranteed to be the big dog at a mediocre school. We don't want a player like that at Auburn.

Easy now. We don't know for sure if he's going to Maryland - and if he does why. He could want to be close to the family. Nothing wrong with that.

And I can assure you: we would LOVE to have players like Dorial Green-Beckham or Stegon Diggs. We absolutely wanted both guys.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/02/will_stefon_diggs_college_choi.html

AUBURN, Alabama -- Stefon Diggs certainly knows how to keep people guessing on where he's going to play college football.

The five-star wide receiver and the top player left on recruiting big boards teased his Twitter followers this morning with a burst of tweets that likely left Auburn, Florida, Ohio State and Maryland wanting more.

"Shock the world!" was one of them.

A Washington Post story Thursday indicated that Diggs is prepared to sign with home-state Maryland barring a "surprise." Diggs is supposed to pick either Auburn, Florida, Ohio State or Maryland at 5 p.m. Central time today in College Park, Md., home of the University of Maryland. He lives about 20 miles from there.

Diggs plays a mean game of football, and is known to play mind games, too. Read into the tweets what you will, but be careful.

His first tweet:

"Contrary to what you hear I have not made a decision . A lot of people going be mad at me . But oh we'll gotta make the best decision for me."

And:

"Even my own city might be mad at me."

And:

"Shock the world! See you later twitter."

Not that I pay much attention to any teenager's tweets these days, but making local people mad doesn't sound like someone staying close to home!

If our coaches want him, I want him.

If our coaches want him, I want him.

That statement should be the beginning and end of 90% of our recruiting conversations.

EDIT: For the next 3-4 years at least. I think CGC has earned that much.

And:

"Even my own city might be mad at me."

And:

"Shock the world! See you later twitter."

Not that I pay much attention to any teenager's tweets these days, but making local people mad doesn't sound like someone staying close to home!

No offense; but Maryland has been getting a lot of talk the past week with regards to him signing there. It is very possible that he wanted to "shock everyone" and choose Maryland, and then the cat got let out of the bag and now he's trying to spur up more "suspense" by making it look like he's unlikely to sign with them.

9 times out of 10 the whole "look at me I'm going to shock everyone" Tweets are just talk to build anticipation and they end with the recruit signing with the school everyone thought he was going to sign with. There was a Tweet about Ronald Darby "shocking everyone" shortly before NSD and he signed with Florida State like everyone knew he would.

He making his announcement in College Park, MD. Or so I have read.

That's right, at 5pm CST time today, in a pub about a block from ....the University of Maryland.

Archived