About a month ago, Auburn PD tried to serve a search warrant at apartment in Bldg. 13. Occupants opened fire on police with AK 47 assualt rifles...

Do wha?!

Links:

http://www2.oanow.com/news/2012/apr/13/suspect-who-fired-assault-rifle-police-idd-ar-3602683/

http://auburn.wtvm.com/news/news/53223-suspect-shoots-officers-during-drug-search-then-surrenders

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up until Friday night our plans were to arrive in Auburn today to drop our daughter off at a camp for Danceline. Due to low enrollment it was cancelled Friday evening. She was so disappointed and I was disappointed for her. Today I am thankful for the cancellation. I cannot imagine arriving on campus today with all the sadness and pain, nor leaving my daughter there alone to experience it. My heart is sad today for the families who are left today w/o their sons/brothers/grandsons/friends.

Up until Friday night our plans were to arrive in Auburn today to drop our daughter off at a camp for Danceline. Due to low enrollment it was cancelled Friday evening. She was so disappointed and I was disappointed for her. Today I am thankful for the cancellation. I cannot imagine arriving on campus today with all the sadness and pain, nor leaving my daughter there alone to experience it. My heart is sad today for the families who are left today w/o their sons/brothers/grandsons/friends.

It is quite sad around campus today, and it's a gloomy and rainy day to match the sadness. However, the Auburn family sticks together and always will. THAT is why I believe in Auburn and love it!

I never understand this crap. When I was growing up, it seemed like this sort of thing involved a fistfight and then it was over. Now you look at the wrong guy sideways and they are liable to start spraying bullets. WTF is wrong with people? What did you just prove? Ok, so you're a badass to everyone at the party and you really showed those mofos who's boss. Congrats. Go to prison for life and enjoy being some 280 lb dude's sex toy. You really showed everyone. <_<

I am still in shock. Prayers to all of the Auburn family, including the victims of this tragedy.

I got a notification today on twitter saying Desmonte Leonard was following me. He had, and still has, one tweet. He follows <50, and has <50 followers. I think its a parady, but that brings up the question, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU PARADY A KILLER?! Stupid people...

https://twitter.com/...DesmonteLeonard

I never understand this crap. When I was growing up, it seemed like this sort of thing involved a fistfight and then it was over. Now you look at the wrong guy sideways and they are liable to start spraying bullets. WTF is wrong with people? What did you just prove? Ok, so you're a badass to everyone at the party and you really showed those mofos who's boss. Congrats. Go to prison for life and enjoy being some 280 lb dude's sex toy. You really showed everyone. <_<

?

On my 21st birthday as an Auburn Student, I got my conceal carry license. This is a bad situation, but if I ever get gunned down there will be someone going with me.

Eric Mack released from hospital

Let's move gun rights and such to another thread please.

The Auburn football team is filing into the complex, my guess is a team meeting will happen here shortly.

@JHokanson

Auburn players are in a team meeting following a Saturday night shooting that killed two former teammates and wounded lineman Eric Mack

@AUGoldMine

Oh and since I'm getting caught up on the news, Pete Thamel is a disturbing individual. That is all.

Saw your tweet...I'm kinda scared to fill my curiousity...

This is what I don't understand. I mean, how do these guys NOT know that their life is over. Done. Over.

They know this. They know all kinds of stories about people who go to jail for LIFE for s*** like this. But amazingly, this knowledge isn't enough to override their need for keeping it real.

I don't get it. It's senseless. And I have NO idea why these guys do this crap. "You said something about my girl. I guess I the next logical step is to murder you and for me to go away for the rest of my life." I don't get it.

Oh and since I'm getting caught up on the news, Pete Thamel is a disturbing individual. That is all.

I've got mixed feelings about those 2 paragraphs in Thamel's story. On the one hand they seem gratuitous. On the other, this is making a big news splash because football players were victims. That pulls the athletic department into the story which then makes those 2 paragraphs make sense. I'd be curious to hear what other journalists (perhaps not sports reporters) think. This may be a situation where what we want to hear as fans isn't the same as what is expected out of a journalist.

I wish something could be done about Pete Thamel. Legally that is. He should not have a job. I'm heartbroken over this and his article just makes me want to vomit. I'm not a violent person, but had he been near me when I read it, it might have been the first time I would have punched someone in the face.

Archived