Tray Matthews

RunInRed

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know I read this "free" read on another site

Newnan (Ga.) Rivals100 safety Tray Matthews had visited Tennessee earlier in the summer. His father, Carlos, had not.

That was a big reason Matthews, and his entire family, visited Knoxville last week. Matthews knew what the Tennessee program was about and wanted his father's opinion of a school that has given Tray much to think about. Derek Dooley and Sal Sunseri made quite the impression

Carlos had only visited Georgia and Auburn previously, the school Tray is committed to. The elder Matthews seemingly left Knoxville as impressed with his first look at the Vol’s program as Tray did the first time he visited.

"Great visit," he said. "This is the third school I've visited, Georgia of course. Very impressive, I like the coaching staff. I got to watch some practice and I think Tray would fit in great. But that's what I think and I won't be playing. Tray's still committed to Georgia, wherever Tray decides to go I support him 110 percent."

Following his first visit to Tennessee, Tray told his father about the experience, and leading up to the visit this weekend, Carlos had expectations based on what Tray had told him. Those expectations were passed as the family met the coaching staff, watched the Tigers practice, and spent over an hour with head coach Derek Dooley.

The atmosphere and the potential for an immediate impact stood out to Mr. Matthews.

"To see the enthusiasm from the coaching staff from a standpoint and their potential for Tray to start, to see them at practice and knowing Tray would fit in and he'd have a chance to play, that was great," Carlos Matthews said. "They weren't downing any of the players and they care about them. The competitor Tray is, he'd have a chance to play early."

The Vol’s defensive coordinator Sal Suneri is Matthews' lead recruiter, and Carlos had his first opportunity to meet the successful coach. The two hit it off.

"Oh, I love him," Carlos Matthews said with a big laugh. "Coach Sunseri is great. He's a trooper, he does his job and he does it well. He has had so many players get drafted. He is going to put me in the league"

The big question remains, will Tray remain committed to Georgia, or will the pursuits of Tennessee pay off? Carlos Matthews said he and his son are looking for "fit" as much as any other factor in Tray's decision process.

"It's hard to say," he said. "Tray is pretty open right now. He's committed to Georgia, but until something comes along and sparks something we'll visit all the schools he wants to visit and then we'll sit down and see which school fits him the best. Tray is going to college for school and to play football. We'll see which fits him the best and as far as I can see most schools are the same academics anyway. Tray wants to play right away."

Carlos Matthews admits he has allegiances, like most parents, but he is adamant those allegiances won't dictate Tray's decision.

"I'm a Bulldog fan, so I'm bias," Carlos Matthews said with a smile. "But like I said, coming down here today they made a big impression on me. I definitely step back in the process, at the end of the day we train together, we'll sit down and talk about each school and go from there. If he decides he wants to go to Tennessee, then that's what it is. I support Tray."

Tray has remarked that he'd like to shut the recruiting process down by the end of August, making a decision one way or the other. Carlos acknowledges that may very well be the case.

"He says he wants to shut it down around the end of August, but we'll see," Carlos Matthews said. "We have to see where he fits and go from there."

Newnan (Ga.) Rivals100 safety Tray Matthews had visited Tennessee earlier in the summer. His father, Carlos, had not.

That was a big reason Matthews, and his entire family, visited Knoxville last week. Matthews knew what the Tennessee program was about and wanted his father's opinion of a school that has given Tray much to think about. Derek Dooley and Sal Sunseri made quite the impression

Carlos had only visited Georgia and Auburn previously, the school Tray is committed to. The elder Matthews seemingly left Knoxville as impressed with his first look at the Vol’s program as Tray did the first time he visited.

"Great visit," he said. "This is the third school I've visited, Georgia of course. Very impressive, I like the coaching staff. I got to watch some practice and I think Tray would fit in great. But that's what I think and I won't be playing. Tray's still committed to Georgia, wherever Tray decides to go I support him 110 percent."

Following his first visit to Tennessee, Tray told his father about the experience, and leading up to the visit this weekend, Carlos had expectations based on what Tray had told him. Those expectations were passed as the family met the coaching staff, watched the Tigers practice, and spent over an hour with head coach Derek Dooley.

The atmosphere and the potential for an immediate impact stood out to Mr. Matthews.

"To see the enthusiasm from the coaching staff from a standpoint and their potential for Tray to start, to see them at practice and knowing Tray would fit in and he'd have a chance to play, that was great," Carlos Matthews said. "They weren't downing any of the players and they care about them. The competitor Tray is, he'd have a chance to play early."

The Vol’s defensive coordinator Sal Suneri is Matthews' lead recruiter, and Carlos had his first opportunity to meet the successful coach. The two hit it off.

"Oh, I love him," Carlos Matthews said with a big laugh. "Coach Sunseri is great. He's a trooper, he does his job and he does it well. He has had so many players get drafted. He is going to put me in the league"

The big question remains, will Tray remain committed to Georgia, or will the pursuits of Tennessee pay off? Carlos Matthews said he and his son are looking for "fit" as much as any other factor in Tray's decision process.

"It's hard to say," he said. "Tray is pretty open right now. He's committed to Georgia, but until something comes along and sparks something we'll visit all the schools he wants to visit and then we'll sit down and see which school fits him the best. Tray is going to college for school and to play football. We'll see which fits him the best and as far as I can see most schools are the same academics anyway. Tray wants to play right away."

Carlos Matthews admits he has allegiances, like most parents, but he is adamant those allegiances won't dictate Tray's decision.

"I'm a Bulldog fan, so I'm bias," Carlos Matthews said with a smile. "But like I said, coming down here today they made a big impression on me. I definitely step back in the process, at the end of the day we train together, we'll sit down and talk about each school and go from there. If he decides he wants to go to Tennessee, then that's what it is. I support Tray."

Tray has remarked that he'd like to shut the recruiting process down by the end of August, making a decision one way or the other. Carlos acknowledges that may very well be the case.

"He says he wants to shut it down around the end of August, but we'll see," Carlos Matthews said. "We have to see where he fits and go from there."

Huh???

well whoever wrote the article messed up and called the vols us

well whoever wrote the article messed up and called the vols us

Just out of control. I hear banjos.....I mean...helicopter blades!

So....what??? What's happening w/ Tray here? AUstudent 23? Ellitor? Anyone, anyone...voodoo economics?

Posted this yesterday on the previous page.

All I know is Tray is under extremely intense pressure so you will see less posts from me and 23 so as to not stir things up with the butt sniffers. But as always you guys are free to speculate.

Literally took a month old pro Auburn article for Tray and replaced Auburn and Trooper references with "Vols" "Dooley" and "Sunseri" surprised people didn't get that one.

:dunno:

Just pulling a Volnation and using fake "evidence" that he is a VolLock like every other recruit

Literally took a month old pro Auburn article for Tray and replaced Auburn and Trooper references with "Vols" "Dooley" and "Sunseri" surprised people didn't get that one.

:dunno:

Just pulling a Volnation and using fake "evidence" that he is a VolLock like every other recruit

I got it immediately. Just did not know what you were going for there.

Supporting my previously stated vol lock since someone said he was a lobo lock.

My posts lately have not been worth reading

You have been here a while. You are familiar with Golf's Lebos lock jokes.

Jokes????? that hurts my feelings.

Jokes????? that hurts my feelings.

Meh. I am not worried. You will forget your feelings were hurt and this subsequent apology from me in about 5 minutes.

I am not worried if Tray stops and thinks about how much better he will be playing behind the DL and LBs we are bringing in. Also our defense only gave up 3 more points to one of the best Offenses in the country than UGA gave up to Buffalo at home. That is only with 7 or 8 months under BVG compared to the time UGA's DC has had to work with their players. So with another year under BVG our Defense will be clearly ahead of UGA's. And of course he gets to play with Foster if that really matters to him.

Archived