Tray Matthews

RunInRed

Current UGA commit...

Just had a long talk with @reubenfoster_FG and coach trooper. it was much needed . Always keep it 100

@Trigga_Tray28

547840.jpg

Tray Matthews, S

Newnan, GA

6'0 / 194 / 4.74

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia*, Michigan, Mississippi, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Ohio State, Southern Miss and Virginia Tech, among others.

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 96)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN150 - No. 122)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals 100 - No. 85)

Scout: 4*

Matthews is a safety known for his ability to lay the wood. He is a very physical player who's a strong tackler. He closes on the ball well, especially when going north-south. He also has good ball skills. When in coverage, he lines up well off the ball, so he is often the deepest man in coverage. He can work on his flexibility, he has not been tested a lot one on one, but he is a strong safety, with hands, and speed.

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=5559144

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLqhnXaPkBc

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it means, "keeping it 100% real." It's a phrase that several of our recruits have been dropping though. It's got some meaning for them that may not translate to us mere mortals.

I think it means, "keeping it 100% real." It's a phrase that several of our recruits have been dropping though. It's got some meaning for them that may not translate to us mere mortals.

Sounds about right. From Urban Dictionary:

To tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. AKA "Keep it Real" or be honest with youself as well as others.
to keep yourself real and true, to be honest and stick to the way you are, no matter what any one else thinks.

I really hope we flip him. Is this the guy Foster pledged to play college football with? With Foster's tat, for the pledge to work out, Matthews will have to come here. And I love any opportunity to hurt thUGA.

Sounds about right. From Urban Dictionary:

To tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. AKA "Keep it Real" or be honest with youself as well as others.
to keep yourself real and true, to be honest and stick to the way you are, no matter what any one else thinks.

Did he really just look up "keepin it real" in the urban dictionary for us....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao::rimshot::roflol: :roflol:

Did he really just look up "keepin it real" in the urban dictionary for us....

Nope, "keep it at 100". 2 people asked and 1 guessed, so I looked it up.

I really hope we flip him. Is this the guy Foster pledged to play college football with? With Foster's tat, for the pledge to work out, Matthews will have to come here. And I love any opportunity to hurt thUGA.

Yes, that's him

According to our rivals it means "keep the current money at 100%". That way the "money will be too much".

And like what much of our rivals say, makes ZERO sense.

A source tells AuburnUndercover.com that Tray Matthews and his family, including his father, are having a great visit so far and the feedback has been very positive. They are watching practice right now and will meet again with some of the coaches afterwards.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/The-latest-on-Tray-Matthews-visit-Updated-510-pm-11222114 (free content)

185995_485809814764408_920057253_n.jpg

Newnan (Ga.) four-star safety Tray Matthews was in Auburn on Saturday for an unofficial visit, and the Rivals100 prospect wasn't alone. Matthews, a longtime Georgia commitment, brought his family with him including his mother and father. Auburn five-star LB commitment Reuben Foster, longtime friend of Matthews, was also on campus:

http://www.auburn.ri...asp?CID=1392594

Will longtime UGA football recruit stick with Bulldogs? Or flip to Auburn?

Reuben-Foster-Tray-Matthews.jpg

Longtime UGA commit Tray Matthews finally visited Auburn with his father over the weekend.

“It was good,” Matthews told the AJC on Sunday. “I wanted to go to Auburn and check it out with my dad. He hadn’t been anywhere except for Georgia. It went really well. I wanted to get his input. Maybe my dad would see something I don’t see.”

And what did Tray’s father see? “He told me that Auburn is a great school, too, but he loves Georgia. Both schools are great. I’m asking for God to lead me the way. I’m still committed to Georgia but if it’s not the right place for me, then God will lead me elsewhere.

“Georgia has a place in my heart. I’m still 100-percent committed to Georgia. I talked with parents about it this morning, and they still feel the same way about Georgia. They love it there, and they’re kind of telling me to stay loyal to my decision.

“And then Auburn is right up there competing against Georgia.”

The 6-foot-2, 207-pound safety from Newnan High School said if he decided to switch his commitment from Auburn to Georgia, it would be within the next month. Matthews will consult with his parents but the final decision is his. “It will be soon. I don’t want to keep this going on too long.”

Matthews has been flirting with Auburn for three reasons: It’s close to home, he could compete for a starting position as a freshman (as he may do at UGA, also), and his best friend Reuben Foster has committed to Auburn.

Tray Matthews and Reuben Foster made a public pledge to play together in college because they’re such good friends.

However, now that deal is in doubt after Foster got a gigantic Auburn tattoo on his arm after flipping from Alabama. Matthews had been trying to convince Foster to play with him at Georgia.

“I can’t sway him to Georgia now because of the tattoo,” Matthews said. “It’s official now with Reuben and Auburn. There’s nothing I can do about that. I was working on Georgia with him, but I can’t do it now, as everyone can see.”

So should UGA fans be worried about the pact with Foster? “That was the plan to play together in college, but I don’t know now. I mean, I would love to play with him. If it comes down to my heart and staying at Georgia, I’ve got to do what I’ve got to do.”

http://blogs.ajc.com...flip-to-auburn/

Matthews will consult with his parents but the final decision is his.

...as it should be, and as parents should recognize.

...as opposed to parents having their son "kidnapped" to the beach a few days before Signing Day and taking away his cell phone if he thinks about anywhere but where they want. :whistle:

Still think Tray is ours. There's a reason he wanted to come back with family in tow and it wasn't the Toomer's lemonade...

“It was good,” Matthews told the AJC on Sunday. “I wanted to go to Auburn and check it out with my dad. He hadn’t been anywhere except for Georgia. It went really well. I wanted to get his input. Maybe my dad would see something I don’t see.”

That could be taken as good or bad, but I think with his other statements that it bodes well for us!

I'd expect Matthews to flip within the next month or so. He might talk up GA on Twitter but he is all AU.

Sounds good to me!

Archived