2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

Aside from what's happened in past previous recruiting classes; any more news on Bryant? I can't handle this extended dull period. o_________o

Lets just say stuff is going on. don't worry

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from what's happened in past previous recruiting classes; any more news on Bryant? I can't handle this extended dull period. o_________o

I hate to not be in the know.. :( Suppose I'll just wait!

Think roller coasters and jump on for the ride.

I want him to come to Auburn but I hope he doesn't just pick us now to tie up his spot and then flip later on after looking more.

What makes you say that?

Nothing he has said or done. I was just saying I hope the players that pick us now, know they want to play here and are not just committing to save a spot. Someone doing that can turn other recruits away from considering us and may make the coaches slack up on recruiting some players.

Our coaches are very good. They know when recruits are doing that.

Don't think they knew last year.

I consider that situation completely different than what I believe the OP intended. But if we must Delve into it TJ is the only the that playd us. The rest of the guys that flipped to Bammer wanted to go to Auburn but their parents would not allow it.

I don't see Bryant doing this but I think the TJ situation actually is the kind that Rabern alludes to. I don't see that happening with GB as he seems to be doing this in the open.

I want him to come to Auburn but I hope he doesn't just pick us now to tie up his spot and then flip later on after looking more.

What makes you say that?

Nothing he has said or done. I was just saying I hope the players that pick us now, know they want to play here and are not just committing to save a spot. Someone doing that can turn other recruits away from considering us and may make the coaches slack up on recruiting some players.

I consider that situation completely different than what I believe the OP intended. But if we must Delve into it TJ is the only the that playd us. The rest of the guys that flipped to Bammer wanted to go to Auburn but their parents would not allow it.

I don't see Bryant doing this but I think the TJ situation actually is the kind that Rabern alludes to. I don't see that happening with GB as he seems to be doing this in the open.

I addressed that in a later post.

What makes you say that?

I addressed it in an earlier one. :tease:

What makes you say that?

I addressed it in an earlier one. :tease:

:laugh: :laugh:

getting him to decommit  was half the battle now we just have to wait.  I'm sure they are putting the full court press on kearse and bryant right now. hopefully they win

Think roller coasters and jump on for the ride.

Or off if it is too boring for you.  ;)

xCTT's duck hunting trip was a good bit closer to signing day than sometime in the summer. It was late November 2007 (the 29th to be exact, because that was also the date that the Tubs to Arky rumors blew up) and not during a dead period. The recruiting calendar for football in 2007-08 was this:

November 25, 2007, through February 2, 2008, [except for (1) though (6) below].

Six in-person off-campus contacts per prospective student-athlete shall be permitted during this time period with not more than one permitted in any one calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) or partial calendar week:

Contact Period

(1) December 16, 2007: Quiet Period

(2) December 17, 2007, through January 1, 2008:* Dead Period

(3) January 2-3, 2008:* Dead Period

*Institutional staff members may have contact with a prospective student athlete who has been admitted for mid-year enrollment, provided the

prospect has signed a National Letter of Intent or other offer of admission and/or financial aid to attend the institution and is required to be on campus to attend institutional orientation sessions for all students.

(4) January 4-6, 2008: Quiet Period

(5) January 7-10, 2008: Dead Period

(6) January 11-12, 2008: Quiet Period...

http://www7.acs.ncsu...ng Calendar.pdf

Other coaches, including the coach of his archrival, were on the recruiting trail while he was taking a vacation. The time to have planned a hunting trip with that calendar would have been during one of the dead periods.

We hear about how recruiting is all about building relationships. "You have to start on kids well before their senior year", "The reason a coaching staff doesn't recruit well their first year is because they haven't had time to build relationships." Yadda-yadda. If that's true, the idea that a three-day hunting trip had some significant bearing on recruiting results doesn't hold water.

the tweets between him and shaq wiggins are interesting.. shaq @ bryant "dm ur number we gotta talk sum business"

He can talk all he wants.. What he has to say won't compare much to what our 5-star recruits have to say.

I don't know about all that, but I know that in any given year, there are a few key recruits you're going neck and neck with other schools for. Three days in the start of the homestretch of a recruiting year can make a significant difference. It's simply not the time to be slacking off when you have a desperate and motivated archrival across the state (to say nothing of the other recruiting machines in the SEC) working their asses off to end your reign over them.

Sorry. Love xCTT, but that was a bad call. To deny that it had an impact is crazy.

The difference I see is, this staff knows what a great place Auburn University is, and they are not afraid to go after the top prospects in the country.

I'm not sure the previous staff ever realized the opportunity lying at their feet. And, they seemed to lack dedication and appeared kind of lazy.

FWIW, that is my impression.

Would love to hear some Mod post chatter on the Greg Bryant subject.

Even though mods have not posted much on him a couple of insiders have posted on him and we still are in good position.

Would love to hear some Mod post chatter on the Greg Bryant subject.

Even though mods have not posted much on him a couple of insiders have posted on him and we still are in good position.

:thumbsup:

Sorry. Love xCTT, but that was a bad call. To deny that it had an impact is crazy.

We'll just have to disagree on this question, three days does not a recruiting year make. IMHO to think that three days had an impact on the recruiting class is what's crazy.

After 3-4 years, think you could objectively put Chizik's and Co.'s recruiting efforts and results up against xCTT's and Co.'s and reach sound conclusions....

Titan, It's widely known that Tuberville took that hunting trip EVERY FRICKIN year he was at Auburn and he did it every year at the same time of year. Did it have an impact after the 99 season when we went 9-4 in 2000 and made the SEC title game? Did it have an effect in 2003 when we followed it up going 13-0, 9-3 and 11-2 the following 3 years. Those three days had absolutely ZERO impact on recruiting. Tuberville and his staff simply got lazy toward the end of his tenure and quite frankly the entire time he was at Auburn never really targeted the nations best players like our current staff does.

To think that 3 days destroyed recruiting relationships and had that much impact on recruiting is what is crazy.

Archived