Gabe Wright

brad5628AU

things aren't looking good for UGA and Crowell, because players talk with each other, especially the "Dream Team." If he knows what he's talking about....I say the updated percentages are Bama 40%, AU 35%, UGA 25%. What did the moronic UGA fan say to get that reaction, by the way?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

things aren't looking good for UGA and Crowell, because players talk with each other, especially the "Dream Team." If he knows what he's talking about....I say the updated percentages are Bama 40%, AU 35%, UGA 25%. What did the moronic UGA fan say to get that reaction, by the way?

Not to play Devil's advocate but UGA has not been in the picture for GW for a while. The Orange hillbillies are the biggest competitor.

Have any of y'all heard about the FB incident between Gabe and some uga "fans"?  I don't follow players on FB but I read about the altercation on the dawg boards.  Apparently, some words were exchanged with Gabe finally declaring "F Georgia and good luck getting Crowell".  Seems legit as the poster who instigated the whole thing was getting called out by other uga fans that apparently have some common sense.  Gabe looks like a 100% lock now instead of 99%.  I hope it also pushes Crowell to AU instead of turdistan.

Facebook and Twitter could be the worst thing that has happened to college football in.....ever.

Facebook and recruits don't go hand in hand, unless you're a personal friend or have some type of personaly affiliation to begin with. This is what can happen. 

Not to play Devil's advocate but UGA has not been in the picture for GW for a while. The Orange hillbillies are the biggest competitor.

toothless%2B%255B800x600%255D.jpg

Thanks for posting a picture of my mother.

I don't know.  I didn't see the FB page.  I just read the discussion about it on the dawg boards.  Please AU family.  Stay away from recruits on FB.  Coaches better get a reign on FB real fast or this will blow up on someone (hopefully not AU)

I'm not sure they can stop the facebook stuff. If they do, it will just move to twitter. This is where the recruit has to realize he's committing to a university and four years of his life. Whatever one stupid fan does, that doesn't mean that represents the institution or its coaching staff. I hope our people just let the kids make their own decisions and leave them alone. With that said, this is not something that can really be controlled. We can do our best, but the world has changed now.

I don't know.  I didn't see the FB page.  I just read the discussion about it on the dawg boards.  Please AU family.  Stay away from recruits on FB.  Coaches better get a reign on FB real fast or this will blow up on someone (hopefully not AU)

If the player has accepted you as a friend on FB, I think reading wall or whatever isn't too sketchy.  Posting is where you need to be careful imo.

If the player has accepted you as a friend on FB, I think reading wall or whatever isn't too sketchy.  Posting is where you need to be careful imo.

I agree. If you do not post, then it is like following someone on twitter.

Can't see his wall but If you look at his profile picture he has an Auburn hat on and is standing with Thomas O'Reilly. I'll take that as a good sign.

Yeah... the Pic he has posted is Thomas pointing at the Auburn hat and Gabe has his finger over his mouth like he is implying SHHHH or "silent" 

This is exactly the reason that we (AE) ask and strongly discourage our members from communicating with recruits by facebook.  Looking at the profile or wall is one thing but do not communicate with them unless you have a personal relationship with the recruit. 

Dowtin is transferring to another school; as of now, unknown. He had trouble last May back home in Maryland, i think, but it was resolved....

But that's a loss for uga; he was damn good-

I like to lurk from time to time on our rival's sites about recruits we are both in the hunt for.  It gives me a different perspective of where we stand with recruits.  I have followed a TN site for a while on Gabe.  For months TN has considered him a virtual lock.  It seems even some of their more respected posters believe this.  He just got done with his visit at TN today.

Where is all of the confidence coming from on their end?

Do we have anything to worry about?

I like to lurk from time to time on our rival's sites about recruits we are both in the hunt for.  It gives me a different perspective of where we stand with recruits.  I have followed a TN site for a while on Gabe.  For months TN has considered him a virtual lock.  It seems even some of their more respected posters believe this.  He just got done with his visit at TN today.

He has family background at ut...and no, I would not worry.

Just thought I would throw this out there.  I just Gabe in the columbus mall, and I got a big War Eagle! out of him.  That is a big young man.

WDE!

Just thought I would throw this out there.  I just Gabe in the columbus mall, and I got a big War Eagle! out of him.  That is a big young man.

WDE!

Who said War Eagle first? lol

I like to lurk from time to time on our rival's sites about recruits we are both in the hunt for.  It gives me a different perspective of where we stand with recruits.  I have followed a TN site for a while on Gabe.  For months TN has considered him a virtual lock.  It seems even some of their more respected posters believe this.  He just got done with his visit at TN today.

If you read his last interview you would see why they are so confident. Wh he says things like:

"I know that V.F.L. is not just a saying," Wright said. "It's the real deal and once you're apart of it then it's a new way of life."

"I learned a lot from the panel," Wright said. "It was definitely the highlight of the trip. They spoke well and appreciate coach Dooley because of what he does and is doing for UT. They really expressed how much he cares for his players both on and off the field."

Wright has been high on us during this whole process.  Now all the sudden he is medium interest for us.  What is the deal we really need him?  I read his mom was mad at one of the coaches at auburn, and now he makes a comment that "I can trust tenn".  Also saw where greg robinson grandmother wants him to stay close to home, does he decommit and go to LSU.

Archived