Watts Dantzler

Lambda Tiger

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think our chance is about 30/70, with UGA being the 70. He's a good kid and a good player. We do have a real shot but the smart money is on UGA.

What are our chances of landing Dantzler? He is supposed to choose between us and UGA.

Who? J/k, but seriously...

search_it_noob.gif

What are our chances of landing Dantzler? He is supposed to choose between us and UGA.

UGA all the way.

Agreed... but why did you have to make it rhyme? :(

We will get the next one.

Since this thread is high on the list, I guess I'll use it instead of opening an old one!  :P

GREAT ARTICLE ON MR. DANTZLER!!! (P.s. For those still holding out hope, it doesn't sound like a "slam dunk" for UGa in this!?!  :dunno: )

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5298162

This is TRULY a guy that I will cheer for EVEN if he does go to UGa! He is just a GREAT kid!

Since this thread is high on the list, I guess I'll use it instead of opening an old one!  :P

GREAT ARTICLE ON MR. DANTZLER!!! (P.s. For those still holding out hope, it doesn't sound like a "slam dunk" for UGa in this!?!  :dunno: )

This is TRULY a guy that I will cheer for EVEN if he does go to UGA! He is just a GREAT kid!

Oh I will certainly wish him the best... I just feel that hes a UGA lock... sure would be great to land this guy. We will find out soon!

This is TRULY a guy that I will cheer for EVEN if he does go to UGa! He is just a GREAT kid!

That is a great article, and illustrates what is important in life.  Thanks for sharing, and War Eagle, Watts.  I wish him Godspeed in his decision.

Too bad his father didn't make it to see his first college football game.  Sounds like a great kid and wish him the best wherever he has decided to go to school!

WDE!

Under the circumstances, I would certainly not begrudge this young man choosing the University of Georgia to honor his father.  To choose another school on Fathers Day would just not seem right.

Under the circumstances, I would certainly not begrudge this young man choosing the University of Georgia to honor his father.  To choose another school on Fathers Day would just not seem right.

I don't know about that. If his dad was a huge uga person and always wanted his son to go ther then I wouldn't seem right. But from the sound of the article it doesn't sound that way. Any how i'll wish him luck wherever he goes!!

The fact that his coach played for Auburn gave me some hope though  :)

That was a great article, and Watts seems like a fine young man.  I found it very interesting that his Dad narrowed his choices to AU and UGA also. I will have hope tomorrow, but do I not remember that a contingent of UGA coaches and/or press were going to be in Dalton tomorrow?

I don't know about that. If his dad was a huge uga person and always wanted his son to go ther then I wouldn't seem right. But from the sound of the article it doesn't sound that way. Any how i'll wish him luck wherever he goes!!

The fact that his coach played for Auburn gave me some hope though  :)

He and LUTZ are also pretty tight so that could also help us.

He's a good young man and I wish the very best for Watts no matter who he picks.

Well said a4e

smiley-shocked003.gif

His assistant coach in HS is former Auburn TE Cole Bennett, also a Dalton HS grad. We have some assets in place, but so do the Dawgs.

"Basically, it's just where I'll feel comfortable," he said. "If I got injured two days after I got to campus and couldn't play, where would I be most comfortable?"

Didn't I hear nearly the same thing from Chris Landrum and/or Keihl Frazier when they committed to Auburn?

Danny Dantzler chose UGA over Auburn...at UGA, played under a former Auburn Tiger in Vince Dooley.

Watts is choosing between UGA and Auburn...in HS, plays under a former Auburn Tiger in Cole Bennett.  Watts is close friends with Mr. Lutzenkirchen.

While I agree that the article doesn't tip his hand, I have a thought or two. There have been many recruits that people feel uncertain about. When people state that they're(recruits) going somewhere else, you usually have a mod say something like "don't be surprised" or "anything could happen". I'm not reading that in this case. That tells me either Dantzler is keeping it close to his vest(hasn't told the coaches) or he going somewhere else. If the mods had info they wouldn't be saying it's a slow period.

Thus I feel he declaring UGA as his team.

Regardless of how this turns out,  don't you think we can all appreciate that photo at BCWII of Reese, O'Reilley, Greg Robinson, and Watts, with that absolutely turned-around TT in the middle!!?  That is a photo for the ages!!

Archived