OT - LSU's Chad Jones in serious car wreck

butterz

That picture is unbelievable.. Praying for him and his family!

Prayers sent. Terrible accident. Reports stated, his father said he was cut from the car and in critical condition. Don't know how much of that is board chatter or reality.

That is a tragedy to say the very least. I dont mean any disrespect to Chad, his family or LSU but im glad our guys dont get in these accidents. Truly horrific.

Wow...it's times like these when being a rival means so much less...get well soon, Chad!

That is a tragedy to say the very least. I dont mean any disrespect to Chad, his family or LSU but im glad our guys dont get in these accidents. Truly horrific.

Our guys do. There is no difference between "our" guys and "their" guys. Nobody is immune to anything.

I love Chad though. The story on how he became a pitcher is great! And I believe we all know about his ability at Safety. Kid's the definition of an athlete.. I'm praying for ya big guy and get better cause i dont wanna stop watching you ball!!!!!!!!!

Man thats a rough looking crash there.  I wish only the best for Chad.  One of you guys on Tiger droppings let their folks know the Auburn Family is praying for their boy.

Hate to see that to such a promising athlete!

Who are the gumps?

I've heard spuat referred to by some (mainly Corndogs) as the gumps.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the movie, Forrest Gump.  IDK.  I just refer to them as the turds.

It is bad that it happened, but how in the world do you do that damage to a vehicle by hitting a pole?  It looks like the car was hit with a grenade.  They are also reporting that he will be charged with careless operation of a vehicle.

24039173_640X480.jpg

I guessing he was speeding to do that much damage to a Range Rover. Although most all vehicle have a lot of plastic body parts.

He almost lost a leg. I dunno about his future in any sport, we'll see. He's out of surgery and the doctors are trying to get blood flow back to his foot

I hope he comes out on top of this.

http://www.wwltv.com/home/Former-LSU-standout-Chad-Jones-in-guarded-condition-after-car-wreck-97156264.html

I just hate to hear this. Chad is a tremendous athlete, and I really loved watching him in the CWS. He represented the SEC well.

My prayers go out to this young man, and to his Drs. and nurses, and his family. They all have a long road to recovery. He's a tough kid, and that has to work in his favor.

Archived