Jeremy J most potential of any Auburn QB preseason

Maybe, but I think that's only because we didn't know what Cam could do until that first game of the season...

It actually took longer than that against quality competition.

Maybe, but I think that's only because we didn't know what Cam could do until that first game of the season...

It actually took longer than that against quality competition.

True, wasn't it maybe the South Carolina game when we started to see we had something special happening?

In spring I'd say yes. In fall, I sure hope so! No need to put that high of expectations on anyone though. That said, I see him being 1st round in the draft next year. I hope SW and TQ push each other to get close to that level. SW needs to work on making better and faster reads. Other than that he's got it. TQ looked good too but against 3rd and 4th string. I don't think either will be better than JJ though. For JJ the ceiling is VERY high. Let's hope he stays healthy and confident.

JJ is much better at this point (3rd year coming up) than Cam. He has the same size and speed and a much better arm than Cam. The only thing that is left to see if JJ can equal Cam will be can he handle the pressure and can he provide the leadership. At this point I think he could exceed Cam's one year here. Bad thing is if he does, he is probably gone after this year. WDE

JJ is much better at this point (3rd year coming up) than Cam. He has the same size and speed and a much better arm than Cam. The only thing that is left to see if JJ can equal Cam will be can he handle the pressure and can he provide the leadership. At this point I think he could exceed Cam's one year here. Bad thing is if he does, he is probably gone after this year. WDE

Let's relax on comparing him to the most dominating qb of this generation

Cam was not the most dominating QB after his second year in college. He wasn't even good enough to be second string at Florida, that is why he transferred to Blinn. I think you folks speak to much in hind-sight. JJ was rated higher coming out of HS. He played some good SEC teams like Arky last year. I think he could have started all year and produced as good or better than Marshall. NM got the call because of the offense CGM wanted to run. If JJ and NM had played for another SEC team last year, odds are JJ would have beat NM out. Why do folks not understand why a lot of people who are quite knowledgeable, think JJ will have a great year. WDE

Cam was the best QB in this generation period. No one will ever top his year here. But I'd love to see JJ have a similar impact to this program. He definitely looks the part.

I think everyone here agrees with you that Jeremy is a good QB with potential to be great. It just seems silly to try to build him up as better than Cam. Maybe he will be, but you're talking about a guy who accounted for 51 touchdowns in a season and pretty much took an above-average team and made them national champions. It's not fair to expect Jeremy to live up to that.

Much better arm than Cam? Very debatable. Cam has really good arm strength.

JJ is definitely going to be one of the best QBs ever at AU. All you do is have to listen to Dameyune Craig. I think Coach Craig knows a few things about Quarterbacks.

Qoute: "I'm expecting some big things from those two guys (Jeremy and Duke). They'll probably break all the passing records this year -- break all of my records -- and that's fine."

Cam was the best QB in this generation period. No one will ever top his year here. But I'd love to see JJ have a similar impact to this program. He definitely looks the part.

Thank you!! JJ is good but some are getting Waaaaaay ahead of themselves on this.

JJ is gonna break some single season records at AU this fall. If we're lucky, he'll come back and break records for two seasons.

Yeah, I think JJ is gonna be very, very good.

Jeremy Johnson has the potential to be the best PASSING QB in Auburn history. I think he is far more in the mold of Pat Sullivan than Cam Newton. I don't think JJ is ever going to have the rushing potential that Newton or Marshall have, but he's not going to be a statue either. With an experienced OL and the talent he has around him, something is going to be seriously wrong if JJ rushes more than 2-3 times a game.

Let's relax on comparing him to the most dominating qb of this generationl EVER!

FIFY...

JJ is definitely going to be one of the best QBs ever at AU. All you do is have to listen to Dameyune Craig. I think Coach Craig knows a few things about Quarterbacks.

Qoute: "I'm expecting some big things from those two guys (Jeremy and Duke). They'll probably break all the passing records this year -- break all of my records -- and that's fine."

I listen when DC speaks. He was dead on on Duke. He isnt just blowing smoke or trying to motivate someone like Trooper used to do.

Jeremy Johnson has the potential to be the best PASSING QB in Auburn history. I think he is far more in the mold of Pat Sullivan than Cam Newton. I don't think JJ is ever going to have the rushing potential that Newton or Marshall have, but he's not going to be a statue either. With an experienced OL and the talent he has around him, something is going to be seriously wrong if JJ rushes more than 2-3 times a game.

Jeremy definitely has the running ability to go more than 3 times a game

As a guy that expects 3K and 1K, he'll probably have something like 40 passing attempts and 5 rushing attempts a game

Jeremy definitely has the running ability to go more than 3 times a game

As a guy that expects 3K and 1K, he'll probably have something like 40 passing attempts and 5 rushing attempts a game

The point I failed to make clearly is not that JJ does not have the ability to run but that he will be too valuable as a passer to open himself up to getting injured running the ball more than a few times a game. Marshall was like having an extra RB in the backfield. JJ isn't the same type player. With Jovon, Peyton, and Roc, why would you ask an elite passer to run any more often than a few times a game just to keep the defense honest? Barring key injuries, I think the offense is going to redefine the term explosive. If the defense can manage to be average instead of awful, then it should be enough for a special season.

Archived