*** Auburn vs. Miss. St. Postgame Thread ***

looney

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

For the rest of the season...

I'll take fighting and being in a game at the end and having a chance.

We're in a rebuilding year and we didn't know it. Fine. Let's stay behind these guys and not make stupid comments on message boards. Really disappointed in lot of y'all after flipping through the game thread.

War Damn.

If you don't see progress you're blind.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I did see progress on both sides of the ball. The main thing I have issue with is play calling in the red zone. Sean looked better than JJ and defense did fine overall.

Was Kerryon hurt in the 2nd half? He did well in 1st and did not see him hardly touch it in the 2nd half.

We're in a rebuilding year and we didn't know it. Fine. Let's stay behind these guys and not make stupid comments on message boards. Really disappointed in lot of y'all after flipping through the game thread.

War damn.

I see progress with white especially, but I'm tired of the young/rebuilding excuse. We recruit well enough to reload, other teams do it so why not us? We just look so much weaker and slower than so many other programs it's not even funny.

I hate losing but...

1. We found our QB in Sean White

2. We have a full stable of RBs

3. Muschamp still has that defensive magic

4. The youth movement on D is correct

War damn.

So we were in it and had a chance? Was I watching the wrong game?

War damn.

Why in Gus' third year and with all the highly rated recruiting classes we've brought in are we "rebuilding"?

This team is a disgrace, no way around it, probably won't win another game this season

Seriously, STAHP.

We're gonna take some lumps.

This is what his season is going to be.

The guys fought tonight. I saw progress.

D held a team to 17 and people want to b!tch about it sucking.

Offense will gel.

Back away from the ledge

Actually...

Go ahead and jump. Find another team to gripe about.

I saw effort and progress despite how the score looks. D made stops! Like plural, multiple stops! O moved the ball at times but red zone play calling is and has been an issue for a while now. Maybe we can salvage a bowl game and beat someone we are not supposed to.

War damn.

We held them to 17 points and had 4 trips I think inside the 15 - of course we had a chance - sheesh.

War damn.

I see progress with white especially, but I'm tired of the young/rebuilding excuse. We recruit well enough to reload, other teams do it so why not us? We just look so much weaker and slower than so many other programs it's not even funny.

I agree with looney. It's not really an excuse. It's just the way it is. And most of us had way too high expectations.

I think that is it. From this point it is a rebuilding year. SW showed me something. We will win a game or two that we are underdogs for in the future. Luckily the players don't look to have the give up gene that a lot of posters on here do.

Hope Roc is ok. WDE!

Muschamp challenged his D and they responded. A few miscues, sure, but that was a different Defense out there this week.

Offense... Well, Sean played a decent game. Red zone offense baffles me. Playcalling baffles me. Im just baffled by Gus right now. Something isnt right.

I think that is it. From this point it is a rebuilding year. SW showed me something. We will win a game or two that we are underdogs for in the future. Luckily the players don't look to have the give up gene that a lot of posters on here do.

Hope Roc is ok. WDE!

The boys look stunned.

I dont think there is a single person wearing the orange and blue that expected this before the season started.

War damn.

OK I thought down by two scores with pathetic play calling with less than two min to play meant we weren't really in it. Shows what I know.

We held them to 17 points and had 4 trips I think inside the 15 - of course we had a chance - sheesh.

The team got a lot better. They showed fight. Kentucky and SJSU coming up. We're clearly not a good team but I'm feeling better than I was.

SJSU and an off week.

Time to dig deep, get back to work and make something happen.

Muschamp did what he had to do. Took a TON of young guys and held state to 17. We had 4 75+ yard drives and only scored 9. Gotta score in the red zone. Oh well. I was pleasantly surprised with Sean White. He looked like Aaron Murray to me. Very efficient and can run enough to survive. It was mostly his fault in the red zone but I can't blame him considering the situation he was thrown into. He may be OK. Hopefully we stick with him a little while anyway.

Huge progress on defense. The young guys stepped up. Muschamp started trusting them to take more chances and it paid off. The benched starters seemed to get the message.

The offense... Sean has heart and talent. But it will take time to develop a sense of pocket awareness, timing, and getting used to the speed of the game. As badly as JJ played in the first two games, I don't know that Sean tonight was anything better than a less mobile equivalent of Jeremy against LSU.

Gus continues to look inept at key play calling junctures. Why run a slow developing play action pass play on 3rd and 20 in the 4th quarter? The play fake fooled no one, and set Sean up for the pass rush. Gus is scared of throwing the ball deep.

Archived