Hell of a recruiting job by CRG and CDC this season!!

AUIH1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best DL and WO class in the country!

Yes on DL. Behind at least USC & maybe a couple others & WR.

I was commenting on what Gus said. Gus claimed he "feels" it's the best WO class in the country. I believe it was Rivals that said if not for NCW's injury, that he hasn't 100% recovered from yet, he would have been the #1 WO in the country. Again, I think it was Rivals but I may be mistaken.

Very pleased with this bunch of kids. I didn't follow it as closely as I have in recent years, but we always have some very impressive stories about our recruits. I am impressed with the maturity of Derrick Brown and the courage of Tashawn Manning. Our guys seem like they have a lot of character and we even have Character. This is another Prince of a class. Sorry, I'm just being a Hamm....

Bad, I know, but couldn't help myself and got carried away. ;D Also, I am glad we missed on Marshall. Didn't like that kids attitude, Lacking in humility, IMHO.

Craig needs a raise. Seriously.

He does need some more love shown his way I do believe.

But the Jacobs bashers will say why does he keep giving got out ridiculous raises and contracts....but I agree he deserves a raise but more specifically a bigger role in offensive game planning and possibly play calling

I fear we will lose him soon if not.

The next time anyone puts down CRG, they need to stop and think what a super job he has done since he came here in 2013. He is a recruiting warrior if there ever was one. My thanks to you Coach Garner. You are an Auburn Man in the truest sense.

Coach Craig is as every bit as good as Coach Garner with the job he does with recruiting. He is a super coach as well with the job he does with our offense. Folks need to stop and realize how blessed Auburn is to have these great men.

We cannot forget all of the coaches who worked their tails off with this class. I think our 2017 class could be the number one class in the country when all is said and done.

WDE!!!! and WDC!!!!

When you think of all the losses, on the field and on the coaching staff, this coaching staff one helical job. If it were in my power I would give all of them a raise.

Craig needs a raise. Seriously.

He does need some more love shown his way I do believe.

But the Jacobs bashers will say why does he keep giving got out ridiculous raises and contracts....but I agree he deserves a raise but more specifically a bigger role in offensive game planning and possibly play calling

And that's kinda what I meant by "love", not necessarily a monetary bump (which is always nice) but more specifically an expanded role in the offense as a whole. You hit the nail on the head.

T-Will has two of the all-time greats in SEC recruiting to mentor him. same w/ Crime Dog getting his "groove" back.

My point all year was, with the coaches we count on (Craig/Garner), the athletes will come.

I give it two months before the usual suspects begin complaining.

I know before anyone shoots me, this is not the appropriate spot for this, but I have to ask...anyone have any ideas as to whether we try and replace Lowell Narcisse for 2017 or are we still genuinely in the hunt for him?

Yes we are stil in the hunt. No other names have been reported as the focis reporting wise has been all 2016 the past month.

I tried to find Unit rankings yesterday from any of the major recruiting sites. There used to be a site that did it long ago, Rivals, I think. Do you know of any?

Not to split hairs...current rankings are where they are...but Craig-Myers and Kyle Davis both are/were ranked the #1 WR by a major recruiting site at one point. Throw in Eli Stove and it's very difficult to see USC, Ole Miss or any other program having a better WR Unit.

ESPN might be considered the most accurate recruiting site. They have all 3 AU WRs in their Top 14 (two in their Top 5). USC and Ole Miss only have one inside their Top 14.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/position/wide-receiver/class/2016/view/position

Even using 247's composite rankings, AU is the only program with 3 inside their Top 20.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=WR

Two less then stellar seasons in a row and then huge turnover on D side of the ball in coaching staff and we came out smelling like a rose. CRG, DC, T-Will deserve Kudos but so do some of the new guys McGrif the Crime Dog, Hand and Steele, two new QB's also so Lashlee and finally Gus for holding it all together while all this was happening. Basically the whole staff came through.

Vipers - it seems like you used to be able to get class rankings by position on 247 but I looked yesterday and couldn't find it.

You can still get them on *ugh* Scout.

http://www.scout.com...&view=3&yr=2016

Yeah Scout, the service that ranks Kyle Davis (recent #1 by ESPN and 247Sports) as the #22 WR.

Those WR Unit rankings also include TEs.

Plus, they put heavy emphasis on number of signees, Michigan getting their #1 ranking because of 8 total WRs/TEs.

Vipers - it seems like you used to be able to get class rankings by position on 247 but I looked yesterday and couldn't find it.

http://www.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=9&c=14&view=3&yr=2016

Scout has to be the worst of the recruiting sites. Maybe they should get out of the way and let the professionals do the rankings.

I tried to find Unit rankings yesterday from any of the major recruiting sites. There used to be a site that did it long ago, Rivals, I think. Do you know of any?

Not to split hairs...current rankings are where they are...but Craig-Myers and Kyle Davis both are/were ranked the #1 WR by a major recruiting site at one point. Throw in Eli Stove and it's very difficult to see USC, Ole Miss or any other program having a better WR Unit.

ESPN might be considered the most accurate recruiting site. They have all 3 AU WRs in their Top 14 (two in their Top 5). USC and Ole Miss only have one inside their Top 14.

http://espn.go.com/c...6/view/position

Even using 247's composite rankings, AU is the only program with 3 inside their Top 20.

http://247sports.com...ool&Position=WR

There is not unit rankings anymore. I just went through the major schools & used the 247 class calculator to eliminate all but DL & later WRs for each school.

ESPN has never been considered the most accurate site. TBH I don't know that there is one. The composite is the most valid though because it has no bias. It weighs all 4 big sites equally.

http://www.scout.com...&view=3&yr=2016

Scout has to be the worst of the recruiting sites. Maybe they should get out of the way and let the professionals do the rankings.

Scout may have the worst rankiings (I don't know and I am not sure how anyone else could know), but the AU Scout Board has by far the best Admin and most accurate info provider (Mark Murphy) bar none.

wde

The composite is the most valid though because it has no bias. It weighs all 4 big sites equally.

Isn't that also its downfall, because it gives equal weight to scout.com, which is pretty universally considered to be completely out of touch with reality?

http://espn.go.com/c...6/view/position

http://247sports.com...ool&Position=WR

There is not unit rankings anymore. I just went through the major schools & used the 247 class calculator to eliminate all but DL & later WRs for each school.

ESPN has never been considered the most accurate site. TBH I don't know that there is one. The composite is the most valid though because it has no bias. It weighs all 4 big sites equally.

I assumed ESPN is the most accurate because of how much film they view.

If they aren't the most accurate, who is?

The composite is the most valid though because it has no bias. It weighs all 4 big sites equally.

Isn't that also its downfall, because it gives equal weight to scout.com, which is pretty universally considered to be completely out of touch with reality?

Plus, I've heard a couple of college football analysts say recently that Rivals is a joke/sham.

Unreal job by the whole staff. AU came very very very close to signing Warrior.

Not to be a downer, but AU comes very very close to signing a lot of guys every year who would be difference makers and they go elsewhere. I'll be impressed when AU starts getting their fill of those guys. But that's not going to happen with the freedom uat has to get whomever they want with no regard to rules.

Rewind back to the Tubberville era when we didn't even whiff on any 5-stars, we were happy to sign multiple 2-star recruits, and a large number of the big names we got to sign didn't qualify. Our current staff is kicking butt and taking names, especially considering the turn-over on D and the poor showing on the field last year. If we can get the staff to solidify for a couple of years and get the O and D firing on all cylinders, we WILL compete for the #1 class.

Agree. Correct me if i'm wrong but this is our 7th straight top 10 recruiting class and we've had a lot of turnover on defense. Within that time we've had pretty high expectations twice only to fail miserably but yet players are still buying into our coaches vision. A lot of it is the coaches and their abilities but i think a large part is just the atmosphere and everything that comes with attending Auburn University. Of course we're bias b/c many of us have attended but it never gets old to hear about how players feel so at home and how the AU family is real and not some gimmick just for recruiting. We genuinely care.

I am sure it has been stated on here already, but I saw where 247 had CRG and CDC rated #2 & 3 on recruiter rankings and a surprise was CHHand at #25 ( albeit only 1 was for Auburn-Sammons)

You could make that argument just as much if not more w/ the 247 only rankings this year. Barton Simmons was completely awful.

Plus, I've heard a couple of college football analysts say recently that Rivals is a joke/sham.

That's a minorityt opinion though. Most tend to believe they are 1 or 2 of the 4.

Agree. Correct me if i'm wrong but this is our 7th straight top 10 recruiting class and we've had a lot of turnover on defense. Within that time we've had pretty high expectations twice only to fail miserably but yet players are still buying into our coaches vision. A lot of it is the coaches and their abilities but i think a large part is just the atmosphere and everything that comes with attending Auburn University. Of course we're bias b/c many of us have attended but it never gets old to hear about how players feel so at home and how the AU family is real and not some gimmick just for recruiting. We genuinely care.

6 out of 7. We were 11th in 2012 per the composite...And completely agree w/ the theme of your post.

Archived