2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

This article from MaxPreps gives Auburn the lean on this one, here is the article, http://www.maxpreps.com/news/wd47dEaZEeGDlQAmVebEWg/uncommitted--no-17-eddie-goldman-wants-to-play-down-south.htm

I like Goldman. He uses common sense and listens to his heart. He isn't fooled by lame coaching rants while being recruited. Also that pic in that article is funny. Looks like a bear chasing a rabbit. Big Goldman chasing that little QB.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks pretty good for the Good Guys!

From the article link posted above:

Goldman made an official visit to Auburn — where he also earlier made an unofficial visit — and had the opportunity to attend the Auburn vs. Alabama game. Despite seeing up close one of the greatest rivalries in college football on the field, Goldman's father, Eddie Muhammad, was more impressed with what he felt off it.

"You feel like it's part of the family," Muhammad told the Washington Post. "It is a business trip, don't get me wrong, but it feels like a family. It felt like much more of a warm reception. Gene Chizik is a straight shooter and telling you how it is. .?.?. You can't say enough positive things about the coaching staff."

Goldman's first scholarship offer came from his home-state Terrapins. But in the end, the University of Maryland did not make the final cut.

"Eddie has always had his nose toward the south," Abdul-Rahim said. "I don't think it was anything Maryland did wrong, it was more just where he wants to go."

Abdul-Rahim said Goldman will announce his final choice on Feb. 1, and that his star player has not yet reached a final decision.

"He is taking into consideration the coaching pedigree of the defensive line coach, potential playing time, the depth chart, and an overall feel for the school," Abdul-Rahim said.

Here's what we are thinking:

Florida State (doubtful): Compared to his other two more-likely choices, Florida State is like a minor league team.

Alabama (possibility): Goldman raved about Sal Sunseri during the recruiting process, but the former Tide assistant coach recently rolled to the defensive coordinator position at Tennessee.

Auburn (bank on it): The defensive linemen on the depth chart are young and not entrenched into the starting lineup, which means Goldman has a shot to make an impact quickly.

He made two visits to Auburn, and his father publicly raved about the Tigers' coaching staff. Goldman turned down opportunities to play for several high school football powerhouses and instead chose to play at a school that didn't have its own football field and used traffic barrels as practice dummies. Why? "Because I trusted the coaches," he said. His family clearly trusts the coaching staff at Auburn.

Final take: MaxPreps recruiting expert Tom Lemming says of Goldman: "I'm convinced he'll become an impact player at the next level. This guy gets off the ball like no one's business, is quick as a cat, has super strong hands, and dominates the point of attack."

Yeah that article is the most positive thing I've heard about us possibly getting Goldman. My only question is how old is it? ST had Goldman at about a 50% chance of us signing him a couple weeks ago, but that % has dipped to about 40% more recently. Has something happened between the time this article was written and when it was published?

Yeah that article is the most positive thing I've heard about us possibly getting Goldman. My only question is how old is it? ST had Goldman at about a 50% chance of us signing him a couple weeks ago, but that % has dipped to about 40% more recently. Has something happened between the time this article was written and when it was published?

Wed, Jan 25th......as in yesterday.

I read a post by someone last night that said Eddie Goldman will NOT be signing with Auburn, and neither will Stephon Diggs. This was posted on one of the AUBURN recruiting sites on Facebook with an update last night.Im just throwing this out there, but could it be Goldman is going to play for the  :devil: and this is why the  :devil: has reportedly backed off Arik?

I read a post by someone last night that said Eddie Goldman will NOT be signing with Auburn, and neither will Stephon Diggs. This was posted on one of the AUBURN recruiting sites on Facebook with an update last night.Im just throwing this out there, but could it be Goldman is going to play for the  :devil: and this is why the  :devil: has reportedly backed off Arik?

Saban probably just realized he did not have a chance of getting Arik without Armond and didn't want to give an extra spot up for him too.

I know that the article was published yesterday. My question is whether anything has changed between the time the article was written and when it was published. We really have no way of knowing when it was written, only when it was published. Many times national writers may sit on an article for various amounts of time before they are published.

My only concern is the "pedigree of the defensive line coach" comment. Pelton doesn't have much of one, at least not yet.

NFL Pro-Bowl DL Demarcus Ware says hello.  ;)

As does Usi from the Giants.

I love the weeks leading up to NSD! I think someone should do a best of pre-signing day thread when it is all over. Everyday there is the he is all AU thread and 2 lines down there is the no way he comes to AU thread for the same recruit. It has become comical. Sad thing is most of us are at work. Productivity is taking a huge hit.  :laugh:

Loved the part in the article about considering his other 2 choices (Auburn and Bama), FSU is like a minor league team. Ha! Can we get that in front of Goldman, Darby, Louis and L. Williams?

Had a dream Goldman signed with au. Then couldn't ever go back to sleep

That's good enough for me. I look forward to seeing him in the Orange & Blue.  :cool:

Something on 247 about Goldman to Auburn per Tom Lemming. 

That's good enough for me. I look forward to seeing him in the Orange & Blue.  :cool:

That's strange. He does not work for 247.

It's just the article that was posted on page 1 of this thread by Max Preps. Tom Lemming is the one who wrote it.

It's just the article that was posted on page 1 of this thread by Max Preps. Tom Lemming is the one who wrote it.

Gotcha. 

Archived