2013 3* JUCO QB Nick Marshall signs with AU!

TIGERINATLANTA

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With those numbers I wouldn't be surprised if he comes in and starts at QB.

Not sure which numbers you are talking about. The 20 INTs is a concern...but Gus has shown he does a great Job getting QBs to take care of the ball. Chis Todd only threw 6 in 2009, Cam only 7 in 2010 and Aplin dropped from 16 in 2011 to 4 INTs in 2012.

"As a starting quarterback at Garden City, Marshall compiled 2,837 yards and 18 touchdowns through the air while rushing for an additional 949 yards and 18 touchdowns."

From the al.com article. Sooooooo 3786 yards and 36 TD's. Interceptions are certainly a concern..... but our other qb's threw their fair share of picks as well. I'm not saying that I necessarily think he is the favorite, just saying I won't be surprised if it happens.

Jonesy posted this on TD about Marshall.

Being recruited for QB and he probably stays there.

Rivals is saying that he is recruited as a ATH and not necessarily as a QB. Also says this will not affect JJ at all.

Jonesy posted this on TD about Marshall.

Being recruited for QB and he probably stays there.

Rivals is saying that he is recruited as a ATH and not necessarily as a QB. Also says this will not affect JJ at all.

Saw that too but I trust Jonesy more than Hoke. Jonesy is conservative in his statements.

"As a starting quarterback at Garden City, Marshall compiled 2,837 yards and 18 touchdowns through the air while rushing for an additional 949 yards and 18 touchdowns."

From the al.com article. Sooooooo 3786 yards and 36 TD's. Interceptions are certainly a concern..... but our other qb's threw their fair share of picks as well. I'm not saying that I necessarily think he is the favorite, just saying I won't be surprised if it happens.

I amended my previous post.

I amended my previous post.

Gotcha. That's a good point. I think that Gus's offense inherently improves QB stats because it makes the throws easier to make. Hence the ridiculous pass efficiency ratings we've seen in the past. I'm excited to see where the QB competition goes this year.

I still like what Gus is doing with the JUCO players. We need immediate help at just about every position. Bringing in guys who have that winning attitude, good work ethic, and have shown they can play ball is a great way to change the mindset and encourage higher levels of competition. If this guy cannot win the QB battle I at least hope he pushes our other QB's to be better and helps clear their head of the abuse from last season!

First things first - lets see if he gets in

If he is a QB then he will get into the competition. I'm not afraid to let a recruit or those already at Auburn, that their job is not just given to them. If JJ, although a great athlete, doesn't think he can take the heat of a real competition then let him go. Not calling him out specifically but if any QB we have on the radar or on campus cant take it, BYE. We are all fans of arguably the greatest football program and colleges in the country. It's about dang time that we act like it and welcome some competition and get better instead of just talking about it

A JUCO quarterback? It'll never work.

LOL. Yeah. What in the world is Gus thinking? Bringing in a JUCO QB! The man has lost his mind.

A Juco QB that went to a SEC school, got in trouble, transferred to a CC, then back to the SEC?

Is Mississippi State going after him too?

Is he 6'6, 240 lbs. and runs like a deer. Wishful thinking. Ha!

Well QB and CB need improvement right now for our team. Both positions did not look so hot last year. Given this kid was the #15 CB coming out of HS I say put him there.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/uga/football/recruiting/player-Nick-Marshall-97872;_ylt=AuZ.do0pcG6qbLCa9__yHrkGuZB4

From the AJC article: " He will have to wait until the summer to enroll at a four-year college but will have three seasons to play two."

Not being an early enrolee will hurt his shot at QB severely. Cam needed all of winter workouts, spring practice and summer workouts. Even then it was two or three games into the season before things really started to mesh.

Last I heard, he was 6'2" and around 200 lbs. I haven't see a 40 time.

182 of 317 passing (57%) with 18 passing TDs and 19 INTs

949 yards rushing on 155 attempts (6.1 yards per carry) with 18 rushing TDs

Russell Wilson like stats for his final year at NC State?

Well QB and CB need improvement right now for our team. Both positions did not look so hot last year. Given this kid was the #15 CB coming out of HS I say put him there.

http://rivals.yahoo....LCa9__yHrkGuZB4

Was #15 Athlete not CB. I say put him where CGM wants him.

Edit: Going by your link. Looks like he was #15 CB on Scout though. I apologize for the premature correction.

AU has not accepted his commitment yet while checking on his grades and I would fully expect him to play corner unless nobody can take the QB spot, at which time we will be in deep crap and then he will probably get a look.

Does he look back for the ball while playing CB?

Would be so much better if he was an EE. I doubt he plays corner but the fact that he could just means he is faster than the other qb's. There is also the fact that Todd missed spring in 09 yet started the season. There is also the fact that he is not committed yet lol.

Archived