***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

18 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Hopefully, since Gus is also very tight with the Briles clan, he's aware of all of the angles.  Honestly, the fact that Narcisse is suddenly back in the picture makes me think that Gus knows there is a chance that Stidham lands elsewhere and Narcisse is the back-up plan who we would take either way.

Respectfully disagree. The staff has wanted 2 QBs in this class if they could get them. With Bishop only wanting to play safety now they had to and have ramped things up with Narcisse given the door being open with LSU right now with them not having an OC.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

And that's another detail that has me concerned about LSU: Narcisse has now opened back up his recruitment.

I wouldn't call it opened back up. He is listening to AU which he always has done even after committing to LSU.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Respectfully disagree. The staff has wanted 2 QBs in this class if they could get them. With Bishop only wanting to play safety now they had to and have ramped things up with Narcisse given the door being open with LSU right now with them not having an OC.

You might be right.  I certainly think they want both, but I also believe that Gus knows it will not be good if he doesn't land any top QBs this go around. He's been burned too many times by having all of his eggs in one basket.

Edited by lionheartkc

Stidham is their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If Auburn cannot pull in Stidham, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Stidham is their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If Auburn cannot pull in Stidham, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

100% AGREED. We have the majority of the team back next season + a friendly schedule. Prime opportunity to take advantage of it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

100% AGREED. We have the majority of the team back next season + a friendly schedule. Prime opportunity to take advantage of it.

I think that you will find most AU fans agree with both of you 100%. Stidham is the key. I know that Rhett is trying everything he can to get him here. Let's hope it works. 

IMO and I have no reason to be optimistic based on their past history with elite qbs but I think rhett and gus in home will seal the deal and the timeline will switch back to his original plan. It will calm whatever questions he had about AU and he will announce for us next week. Of course this is totally dependent on KB not getting a top flight OC job. I think he will be employed somewhere next year as a OC I just do not see it being at a big time school. KNOCK ON WOOD still.

3 hours ago, AuburnArch13 said:

I believe aubcali was joking. There is a running joke hear about the Lobos "stealing" Auburn recruits.

Really damn what fool would do that........I say bird

• Like 1

So in listening to his interview it's kinda disturbing to hear how un-happy he was ab the a&m situation.  Almost sickening.   Really want the kid but I hate for my school to feel like 2nd best.  

Although if he does indeed come to AU then this squad will be just about unstoppable.  I hope he comes.  

53 minutes ago, The Freak said:

we can get one of them bammer qbs. they got 3 leaving now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alexava said:

we can get one of them bammer qbs. they got 3 leaving now.

all pocket passers. lets not make that mistake again! haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Nobody else. IMO, when Oregeron gave his detailed plan to the AD that he was going to get the "best OC in football", I just don't believe Kendal was in his Top 3. It could happen. I just don't see it.

Agree. K. Briles has only been OC for 1 year, and most of the time he was WR coach i think before that. Hard to believe LSU would want such an inexperienced OC. But i guess same could be said about us hiring CGM and he only had 1 year of HCing experience. :). 

Nobody else. IMO, when Oregeron gave his detailed plan to the AD that he was going to get the "best OC in football", I just don't believe Kendal was in his Top 3. It could happen. I just don't see it.

I think that's the problem... I don't think he had a top 3... I think he had a top 1, and now he's having to look at alternatives in case he can't land his big fish.

Let's face it... most of who we could name as great OCs over the past few years have already moved on to head coaching positions.

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Agree. K. Briles has only been OC for 1 year, and most of the time he was WR coach i think before that. Hard to believe LSU would want such an inexperienced OC. But i guess same could be said about us hiring CGM and he only had 1 year of HCing experience. :). 

If he didn't come with a guaranteed quality QB as a package, I don't think he'd be in consideration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Freak said:

Still cracks me up 2 years later.

• Like 1

So, Stidham is considering Auburn mainly because of Lashlee, but he's waiting to decide now because he wants to see where KB ends up?  So if Lashlee leaves here we don't get him, but if KB comes here we do get him?  So if KB goes to a P5 school we don't get Stidham?  But, if Lashlee stays we may still get him? :dunno:

Who's on first?

• Like 5

He knows Auburn wants him, but a few here believe it's all up to the Briles family where he plays. Auburn has put on and has been putting on the full court press on JS. If his decision is solely based on the Briles coaching destination then anything could happen and I am not sure how that would be considered a failure on Gus's part..

• Like 2

So if Stidham is waiting to see what Briles does instead of wondering if we're going to keep Lashlee, then why don't we go ahead and hire Briles & let Lashlee go?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

He knows Auburn wants him, but a few here believe it's all up to the Briles family where he plays. Auburn has put on and has been putting on the full court press on JS. If his decision is solely based on the Briles coaching destination then anything could happen and I am not sure how that would be considered a failure on Gus's part..

It's a failure only if we have poor QB play and inconsistent offensive production next year.  If the O is spectacular all year long without Stidham then Gus will have succeeded.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

It's a failure only if we have poor QB play and inconsistent offensive production next year.  If the O is spectacular all year long without Stidham then Gus will have succeeded.

but most fans think that without a proven QB like Stidham, then we are in teh same dilemma as we were this year. A good QB who gets injured easily, and can't throw the deep ball, a JUCO speedster with unknown ability to consistently throw the ball, and a RSFR who is gifted, has no experience, and is still fine tuning his QB skills. RESULTS = 7-8 wins at best.

Stidham guarantees a good start to our offense and a better shot at 10 wins. 

But i will not blame CGM if this guy goes somewhere else because of his relationship with KB. He can't control that.

I will blame him for putting us in this position as an offense as he IS the HC and his strong suit is offense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Freak said:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought we were going all in for Narcisse first, then once he committed to LSU, we went guns a blazin' after JS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that at least seemed to be the message board timetable

20 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought we were going all in for Narcisse first, then once he committed to LSU, we went guns a blazin' after JS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that at least seemed to be the message board timetable

Yep you're right.