2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

I know hindsight is better than foresight, but I wonder if there was any thought in Gus' head, once he found out that Smart and Bama staff would be at the party instead of the Friday visit they were supposed to have made, to just inform the Evans' that he had more guys who really wanted to be at AU and needed to spend more time with them, and therefore, withdraw the scholarship offer to Rashaad. Maybe that wasn't an option since he was lead to believe, and was told according to some posts on here, that Rashaan was signing with AU. It's truly amazing that the Evans' turned this into a circus, and yet AU is perceived as the bad guy in this drama.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there anyplace on this frickin planet that one can go to get away from bamr trolls? I swear, they have a way of injecting their unwanted defenses of their beloved tahd everywhere I look.

well it seems this sure is not the place, AUFAMILY or is it UAFAMILY, its getting real hard to tell. And you can bet there is more on here than this moron and reporting everything posted.

No it's not. Cut the unnecessary melodrama. At least he's not posting on the main AU forum(s) and stays within the "Rivals" portions of the site.

is there anyplace on this frickin planet that one can go to get away from bamr trolls? I swear, they have a way of injecting their unwanted defenses of their beloved tahd everywhere I look.

well it seems this sure is not the place, AUFAMILY or is it UAFAMILY, its getting real hard to tell. And you can bet there is more on here than this moron and reporting everything posted.

No it's not. Cut the unnecessary melodrama. At least he's not posting on the main AU forum(s) and stays within the "Rivals" portions of the site.

rivals section I thought was for AU fans to discuss topics about uh rivals. There is no reason in the world to have an Updyke on this board. He might seem reserved and engaging to some but there is an underlying reason for him to live on this board. No "melodrama" here i hate them all the same

rivals section I thought was for AU fans to discuss topics about uh rivals. There is no reason in the world to have an Updyke on this board. He might seem reserved and engaging to some but there is an underlying reason for him to live on this board. No "melodrama" here i hate them all the same

This is a free board, anyone is allowed to engage in conversation as long as it's kept civil. There is also an "ignore" function available to all who use this message board.

The "melodrama" comment was a reference to you behaving like we've suddenly come under fire by swarms of bama fans and there's nowhere to hide.

Opposing opinions break up monotony. And sometimes the bammers that do post here receive the beating they deserve.

I saw this little pearl on twitter yesterday, and was surprised it hadn't made its way here yet.

So here, straight from the horses mouth, to the Tider Insider guys that the "backlash" wasn't really that big and that he expected it. So which is it, are we making his life miserable and running them out of town, or is it not that bad??

And he stays off the social media. I could have sworn that was Rashaan tweeting stuff that was said about him here.

FWIW, I drove by the family store today and it was open. Reports of its demise have been greatly exaggerated. I didn't go inside to see how well stocked it is, and it might be under new ownership for all I know, but it was doing business.

And he stays off the social media. I could have sworn that was Rashaan tweeting stuff that was said about him here.

FWIW, I drove by the family store today and it was open. Reports of its demise have been greatly exaggerated. I didn't go inside to see how well stocked it is, and it might be under new ownership for all I know, but it was doing business.

Last Friday afternoon the beer distributor picked up his beer. After that the place was locked and pretty much empty. Nothing on the shelves. That's the store on Hwy 14, right? It was dead Friday. Maybe a new owner was ready to step in and take over or something. That's more than passing strange.

Yep, Corner Market on Hwy 14. Had a sign outside advertising fried chicken and everything. To tell the truth, I was surprised. I don't know if someone else is running it, or if Alan now has funds to pay his suppliers or what. On the plus side, I didn't see any bammer decorations on the outside.

The last truck leaving out last Friday afternoon was the beer distributor picking up his unsold beer. It was locked after that and pretty much empty. Who intervened since then is anybody's guess. Evans may not still own it or a 'benevolent benefactor" may have swooped in. Who knows?

The last truck leaving out last Friday afternoon was the beer distributor picking up his unsold beer. It was locked after that and pretty much empty. Who intervened since then is anybody's guess. Evans may not still own it or a 'benevolent benefactor" may have swooped in. Who knows?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This. I was told that his business sold 2 days after Rashaan's commit. Definitely would have had to of been set up well in advance if there is anything to it. Shouldn't be too hard to find the truth. A trip to city hall should find some recent filings.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I don't know if anyone has seen this, but this somehow showed up in my recommended feed on youtube just now lol AU coaches reaction to RE's commitment. you can see the look on DC and Kodi that they look betrayed.

Lol? You think that's funny?

I started thinking someone would say that after I posted that. No, the lol was for that I don't know how in the heck that this video showed up in my recommended feed all of a sudden, it was just so random. I should've put a period after lol but Come on now Weegs

Lol? You think that's funny?

I started thinking someone would say that after I posted that. No, the lol was for that I don't know how in the heck that this video showed up in my recommended feed all of a sudden, it was just so random. I should've put a period after lol but Come on now Weegs

You are right. I totally missed it. I apologize. I should have drank my coffee before responding.

Archived