2017 4* DB Tray Bishop (UGA 1/1/17)

WarDamnEagleWDE

40 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Since he's a transfer, is there a Stidham thread going?

He has not even picked a juco to go to yet for the 2016 season. There's an old thread on him from his high school days in the rivals recruiting section. I'm not bumping it though til AU recruiting reporters pick up more on AU's interest.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ellitor said:

He has not even picked a juco to go to yet for the 2016 season. There's an old thread on him from his high school days in the rivals recruiting section. I'm not bumping it though til AU recruiting reporters pick up more on AU's interest.

Good point. Is he for sure picking a JUCO for 2016? Or might he sit out a year like Tray Matthews?

5 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Good point. Is he for sure picking a JUCO for 2016? Or might he sit out a year like Tray Matthews?

Per reports last week he was going to juco first. I guess that could change.

Update

Top247 target Bishop updates visit plans

After returning from a visit to Florida on Monday, 4-star prospect Tray Bishop of Dawson (Ga.) Terrell County said he would return there Friday.

But now, he has changed his plans.

According to Bishop, he will not head to Florida for the Gators' Friday Night Lights Camp. He does, however, still intend to be at Auburn on Saturday for the War Damn BBQ.

When might Bishop visit Florida again? He didn't say.

That wasn't the only Bishop news Thursday.

After telling AuburnUndercover earlier in the week he likely would push back his scheduled July 25 commitment date, he took to Twitter to announce things have been delayed.

Auburn, Florida and Georgia are Bishop's finalists. He plans to officially visit each.

Additionally Alabama has "made a push," Bishop said. He visited the Tide this week. That program, like Florida, projects him at safety.

He's a key recruit for the Tigers, given they have no quarterback committed and he would get a shot at that position. 

Bishop is the No. 148 overall recruit nationally in the 247Sports Composite.

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Bishop-finalizes-commitment-plans-46404709

Embed this E, I can't right now. Bishop is supposed to commit to his chosen destination tomorrow.... We may finally have a QB committed.

By quarterback, do you mean "quarterback"?

9 hours ago, thaitopher said:

By quarterback, do you mean "quarterback"?

Yeah basically. Regardless, I like having a QB showing their leadership skills early on and helping recruit. He can help with the state of Georgia if he commits to the good guys.

Edit) Also, just think if Malzahn can make him serviceable as a QB. He is 6'3 and runs in the 4.42 range. That could be lethal. 

It appears he will be committing around 11 am today.

10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah basically. Regardless, I like having a QB showing their leadership skills early on and helping recruit. He can help with the state of Georgia if he commits to the good guys.

Edit) Also, just think if Malzahn can make him serviceable as a QB. He is 6'3 and runs in the 4.42 range. That could be lethal. 

It appears he will be committing around 11 am today.

That is very good news for the good guys!!!

9 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That is very good news for the good guys!!!

I agree. I think is will be a huge upset if he doesn't commit to the good guys. Many have said the cookout this past weekend was a home run with Tray.

• ellitor featured and pinned this topic
28 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Embed the announcement video if you can. 

Ha. I didn't even know there was a video til you asked it to be posted. I was following on twitter because that's where everybody said the announcement would be.

For those that can't see the videos go to his 247 commit page. There are 2 videos. http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-Top247-QBATH-Tray-Bishop-makes-his-pick-46414861

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Ha. I didn't even know there was a video til you asked it to be posted. I was following on twitter because that's where everybody said the announcement would be.

For those that can't see the videos go to his 247 commit page. There are 2 videos. http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-Top247-QBATH-Tray-Bishop-makes-his-pick-46414861

Thanks for embedding the videos. I only saw it because I thought I was watching him make a live commitment.

10 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

E, do you really feel this way? 

Yes. Tray is a great athlete who happens to play QB. He is recruited exactly like Jason Smith. JS was at QB 1 week before he moved to WR. I would be surprised if AU does not sign another QB in this class. Jarrett Stidham remains an important target for example.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes. Tray is a great athlete who happens to play QB. He is recruited exactly like Jason Smith. JS was at QB 1 week before he moved to WR. I would be surprised if AU does not sign another QB in this class. Jarrett Stidham remains an important target for example.

Bishop can be a damn good QB if he gets a real QB coach. IMO. Great pickup. I think AU is done with HS QB's and will turn their attention to Stidham. 

Archived