Auburn with shot at Sugar Bowl

abw0004

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

He will.

I hope he doesn't get complacent, but it might help with Stidham. "Would you rather come and play for a team that went to the Sugar or the Texas bowl?" Yeah there's much more nuance than that but something tells me that recruiting pitches aren't really supposed to account for nuance.

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That and AU miscues....just looked over the re-cap....I recalled the game was "over" in less than a half but I didn't remember the INTs early in the game...one from Terry Beasley. 

Wouldn't you give something valuable to be able to see the comments on the internet boards from that game....which came after bama hammered AU in the Iron Bowl ?    Man, I bet the  "fire Shug" folks would have been out in full force....I mean, what idiot with Pat Sullivan as his QB would try and end around with an attempted pass from his WR ?

Watch at your own risk

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Watch at your own risk

You are a naughty guy....

I deliberately did not post that game to protect the innocent from one of worst AU games I can remember...other than a couple other UAT games while I was still in school.  Interestingly, I had forgotten the Iron Bowl game that preceded this one....but do recall that we were really nervous about our D going to NO...and not sure of Oklahoma's wishbone and 3 All Americans.   

12 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

DEER GOD THAT WAS HORRIBLE! MY EYES!

Better that you could not see it clearly...and of course that it was abbreviated...

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Better that you could not see it clearly...and of course that it was abbreviated...

That's what she said...Sorry. I couldn't resist.

54 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You are a naughty guy....

I deliberately did not post that game to protect the innocent from one of worst AU games I can remember...other than a couple other UAT games while I was still in school.  Interestingly, I had forgotten the Iron Bowl game that preceded this one....but do recall that we were really nervous about our D going to NO...and not sure of Oklahoma's wishbone and 3 All Americans.   

31-7 but you can thank Brother Oliver for part of that

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

31-7 but you can thank Brother Oliver for part of that

What's Brother Bill doing these days?

I have definitely wanted a piece of OU. I hope we are truly healthy though. I want our best against their best. 

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I can't say what I want to cause I would have to ban myself

I don't recall the details...was that after he left AU for bama...and took our schemes or something?

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

I don't recall the details...was that after he left AU for bama...and took our schemes or something?

He knew all of Sully's tendencies for ex. when Sully drop straght back the pass was going to his left....

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He knew all of Sully's tendencies for ex. when Sully drop straght back the pass was going to his left....

OH....boy that was not nice...but then he later came back...I guess all was forgiven ?

14 hours ago, AUwent said:

I hope he doesn't get complacent, but it might help with Stidham. "Would you rather come and play for a team that went to the Sugar or the Texas bowl?" Yeah there's much more nuance than that but something tells me that recruiting pitches aren't really supposed to account for nuance.

I think that falls under the negative recruiting category that Gus won't do... I have read on these boards that he is about selling Auburn and what Auburn will/can do with him. Not what other schools can't or didn't do.

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Fire Shug!

Shug was lucky that internet forums did not exist back then....he would never have survived the stretch against bama while I was in school....when we got shut out by bama four years in a row.  Not to say there was not complaining but it was almost impossible to organize a campaign against a coach.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Shug was lucky that internet forums did not exist back then....he would never have survived the stretch against bama while I was in school....when we got shut out by bama four years in a row.  Not to say there was not complaining but it was almost impossible to organize a campaign against a coach.

And then we'd all be watching games in Cliff Hare stadium... funny how sometimes the angry mob is wrong.

On 11/28/2016 at 1:14 AM, ellitor said:

Sean won't be healthy.

I tend to agree. Having to time to heal is one thing but having time to both heal and practice is quite another.

I hope they are preparing the offense to go with JF3 at QB. I like what he showed throwing the ball in the UAT game, and his ability to scramble and pick up yards with his feet adds a new dimension that is sorely needed by our offense.

Auburn may be playing OkState if they beat BoomerSooner Saturday.

off topic.  Stidham's gf is a complete smoke show.  Maybe she'll transfer to the soccer team from Baylor. Soccer attendance would increase dramatically!

Archived