2018 4* WR Justyn Ross

ellitor

On 1/8/2018 at 8:42 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I just think clemson is so far ahead of everyone else right now it will not matter.

I think you're right. I hope you're not but I have a terrible feeling you are.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

I think you're right. I hope you're not but I have a terrible feeling you are.

Good thing our wr class is stacked without him! He is just a luxury right now and not a need. I really love our WR class but especially Seth Williams!

43 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Good thing our wr class is stacked without him! He is just a luxury right now and not a need. I really love our WR class but especially Seth Williams!

Right there with ya.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I agree we have a super talented WR class without Ross. But it sure wouldn't pain me if he was adorned in the Auburn orange and blue  in 2018.

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

I agree we have a super talented WR class without Ross. But it sure wouldn't pain me if he was adorned in the Auburn orange and blue  in 2018.

Like IDK about you but he never screamed Auburn kid to me. Never got that vibe. No doubt. He has the higher upside than any of the guys committed. That would make for a great signing day suprise. His catch radius and football skills when the ball is in the air is amazing. Seth Williams though is right there with him on those things. Super excited to see him soon in jordan hare!

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Like IDK about you but he never screamed Auburn kid to me. Never got that vibe. No doubt. He has the higher upside than any of the guys committed. That would make for a great signing day suprise. His catch radius and football skills when the ball is in the air is amazing. Seth Williams though is right there with him on those things. Super excited to see him soon in jordan hare!

As long as we don't play Clemson next year and he doesn't end up at bama I'll live with it.

6 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

As long as we don't play Clemson next year and he doesn't end up at bama I'll live with it.

I am good not playing clemson for another 30 to 40 years unless it is in the natty! But yes. If after all of this he goes to bama....... Yikes. That would be awful.

6 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Bo: committed and putting in work!

heck yah he is!!! he is the big time franchise leader of a class commit we have always dreamed of!!! though shivers, asa, schwartz and irvin are doing a whale of a job this class!!! Love commits like this! War Eagle!

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

heck yah he is!!! he is the big time franchise leader of a class commit we have always dreamed of!!! though shivers, asa, schwartz and irvin are doing a whale of a job this class!!! Love commits like this! War Eagle!

Don't forget the work Gatewood has done since he committed.

2 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Don't forget the work Gatewood has done since he committed.

joey G was a monster last season. He cooled off a little on social media this season. BUT HEY!!! he has been committed to AU basically all his life. His back was hurting from carrying this whole class and being the leader of it on his back! haha. He had to hand off the baton to someone.

What Auburn will be up against for Justyn Ross

There are several prospects Auburn hopes to reel in by National Signing Day.

Justyn Ross, however, stands head and shoulders above the rest on that list.

The No. 1 prospect in Alabama per the 247Sports composite rarely leaves the state. And so far in January, he has just two visits set up — to the in-state schools. Alabama is on Jan. 19 and Auburn is Jan. 26. Ross already took his official visit to Clemson which, for part of his process, has been the perceived favorite for his services.

RELATED: 2018 Auburn recruiting big board

Ross hasn’t ever labeled a public leader himself, but he acknowledged why the belief is out there that Clemson is his favorite.

“I see it all the time. That’s not the case. People just say it because I’ve said Clemson is the best visit I’ve been on. That’s not the case, though. It was the best environment I’ve ever been in for a game. They have a nice environment up there,” Ross said. “[Clemson’s NFL draft reputation at receiver], it affects me a lot because as a receiver, as a player period, you’re going to want to go to the league. As I’ve seen Coach (Jeff) Scott, he develops players to go to the league. That helps Clemson out a lot.”

IMG_2502_b3ori8.jpg
Auburn wide receiver target Justyn Ross will be one to watch leading up to National Signing Day. (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

But Auburn and Alabama won’t go away quietly.

The Tigers have four wide receivers already in the 2018 class — Shedrick Jackson, Seth Williams, Matthew Hill and Anthony Schwartz. Ross is the clear-cut No. 1 the Tigers want to join them, though Ja’Marr Chase will take an official visit this month, too.

Alabama has been on the outside looking in, but the Crimson Tide have a new selling point. The number of true freshmen who took over in the national championship game give prospects new hope of early playing opportunities in Tuscaloosa.

Crimson Tide have improved in Ross’ mind throughout the season and he will certainly keep an eye on them.

“We talk almost like every week. Just that they have the new OC [Brian Daboll] and are throwing the ball around a lot more. They don’t have a receiver of my size. That’s it really,” Ross said. “I feel like they’ve gotten a lot better since they’ve gotten Coach Daboll. I feel like they’ve been throwing the ball around a lot more.”

Florida is a program that could work its way in for an official visit: “It’s a possibility,” Ross said. But don’t expect it. Ross won’t narrow it down further than Auburn, Alabama and Clemson, but those have been the three constants from start to finish.

Now it’s time for Ross to weigh the pros and cons.

At Clemson, he has something new. He has a quarterback relationship with Trevor Lawrence. It’s the place where he’s most enjoyed the environment. And there’s the receiver draft history. At Alabama, he can go to the defending national champions and join his close high school friend — Markail Benton who gives the Tide a rave review. He can add a wide receiver dimension to an offense losing Calvin Ridley. At Auburn, he can stay close to home. He can join an offense inspired the throw the ball more with new, incoming talent.

Ross will rely on his family for those decisions. His mother and grandma will let Ross choose his own destination, even if they have their own preferences.

“It’ll be just sitting down and talking to my family about it,” Ross said. “Grandma wants me anywhere in the state of Alabama. My mom, she likes Clemson a lot. Really, she likes all the schools, but at the end of the day, I’ll have to pick one. We haven’t really talked about it. If [my grandma] were to say that to me, I’d just ask her why. I’d have to measure out the reasons between her and my mom.”

Ross was at the georgia and bama games at AU. IN WHAT WORLD was any environment IN THE COUNTRY this season let alone at clemson with their crappy home schedule besides us better than ours?! I just do not get how he thought any environment was better than those 2 games. The stadium was absolutely rocking and the atmosphere was incredible. Everyone was gushing over it. SMH. just lol.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ross was at the georgia and bama games at AU. IN WHAT WORLD was any environment IN THE COUNTRY this season let alone at clemson with their crappy home schedule besides us better than ours?! I just do not get how he thought any environment was better than those 2 games. The stadium was absolutely rocking and the atmosphere was incredible. Everyone was gushing over it. SMH. just lol.

Tells me in his mind he's already committed to Clemson. He might as well go public already.

I think it helps with retaining Hill if Ross goes on to Clemson. If Clemson wants Hill as Ross’s backup plan that is. 

If Clemson is strictly offering him as a safety, I think we are good. 

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

How much coffee do you drink everyday? :) Everything you type is like you drank too much coffee or you are stoned...or something. :Sing:

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

How much coffee do you drink everyday? :) Everything you type is like you drank too much coffee or you are stoned...or something. :Sing:

You gotta love @GwillMac6. He's like the wedding ringer of aufamily.com. This place is much more fun with him around. 

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

Na his real identity is just...

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But in a good way this time, unlike the last guy who I will not name....

Most references to Ric Flair are positive.

2 hours ago, thaitopher said:

ocntx9m.gif

@fredst knows my drug of choice................. lol coffee?!  sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee as the wire's clay davis would say!!!!! Coffee cannot sustain this level of excitement and intensity! Me and Greg Brown have the same supplier!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Tells me in his mind he's already committed to Clemson. He might as well go public already.

So in all seriousness Right on E. I mean 2 guys who are already committed and signed elsewhere (luke ford and channing tindall) who were at the iron bowl said it is the best game they have ever been to. That AU had the best environment. That Jordan Hare is by far the loudest stadium they have ever heard. They were practically gushing over it and luke ford even said Gus was the coolest coach he has met and yet both ended up at georgia less than a month later. So with a dude who went to not only the iron bowl but the georgia game this year is saying that who knows how far behind we are to not only clemson but bama as well.

Archived