2018 4* WR Justyn Ross

ellitor

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Can I not dislike great coaches?! lol. He absolutely is. Does not mean I like the dude. Same with Saban who is the GOAT.

You asked why. I gave a reason. You don't have to agree.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Is it a good thing that there's no news about Hill right now?

Hill's waffling is why I think it pays us to stay after Ross. Were Hill a lock, I could see moving on. Since Hill isn't a lock and Ross is the top player in Alabama, it's just smart to do all we can to sign Ross. If we end up with both of them, then any team in America would consider themselves very, very lucky to have that problem.

30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Hill's waffling is why I think it pays us to stay after Ross. Were Hill a lock, I could see moving on. Since Hill isn't a lock and Ross is the top player in Alabama, it's just smart to do all we can to sign Ross. If we end up with both of them, then any team in America would consider themselves very, very lucky to have that problem.

I thought we were good with Hill after his OV.  It would be great to land both of these receivers though. Who is Ross' last OV with as well as Hills?

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Kodi and Justyn chilling at the basketball game 

you are the body language doctor. What do you think clayton?!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

you are the body language doctor. What do you think clayton?!

They’re having a good time! 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

They’re having a good time! 

That is great! who is gus sitting by? You are apparently our reporter in the field and on the scene! I LOVE IT! haha

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is great! who is gus sitting by? You are apparently our reporter in the field and on the scene! I LOVE IT! haha

That 2019 #1 LB guy with a weird name. It looks like him at least

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

That 2019 #1 LB guy with a weird name. 

thanks clay!! WOOO! DO WORK GUSTAV!

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

He's a great coach

Hate him too. Likely Bama's next coach too. Would love him if he were at AU. He will never be at AU so I feel fine hating him.

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

Is it a good thing that there's no news about Hill right now?

There's been news from 1 site. It just can't be posted til 1 of the sites does a free update. Besides, I would prefer the "news" be validated by Keith or Wolk.

If all our commitment sticks and we get this guy...wow. So much talent at the WR position...please go 5 wide. 

10 hours ago, DAG said:

If all our commitment sticks and we get this guy...wow. So much talent at the WR position...please go 5 wide. 

I think that should we land Ross, another WR commit will abdicate to other premises. No inside info, just a guess on my part after giving the entire situation some heavy thought. Ross or not, we'll still have an outstanding WR class.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I think that should we land Ross, another WR commit will abdicate to other premises. No inside info, just a guess on my part after giving the entire situation some heavy thought. Ross or not, we'll still have an outstanding WR class.

If we get Ross and someone bails away from the competition I think that's fine too. It would keep a spot open for bigger needs at least.

Would love to get Ross!

Would love to get this guy; he's a baller.

Conspiracy theorist in me says he's playing with us.  Say he misleads and gets the crew to believe he's on board and we lose another highly regarded WR then he doesn't end up signing.  Sounds like some Yeldonesque shenanigans.

AUBURN, Ala. — The No. 1 prospect in Alabama wrapped up his official visit to Auburn this weekend. His official visit slate is complete.

Ross took an official visit to Clemson last semester. He was at Alabama last weekend and Auburn this weekend. The 4-star wide receiver from Phenix City, Ala., only has a few steps left in his recruitment — a couple in-home visits with those three programs and his commitment.

That commitment will be made at his high school on ESPN at 1 p.m. ET on National Signing Day.

Despite national perception dictating an Alabama-Clemson battle, Ross said Auburn is still fully in this race.

“Oh yeah, it is,” Ross said after his visit.

He spent most of his time on the visit with Auburn wide receivers coach Kodi Burns, as well as early enrollees Asa Martin and Shedrick Jackson, who he’s familiar with from the 7-0n-7 circuit and the Alabama-Mississippi all-star game.

Those relationships made this visit stick out more than previous visits to the Plains — and, boy, there have been many visits.

“Just the people. Just having people that I’ve been knew around here like Asa and Shed and those guys — I’ve been knowing them because I’ve been playing 7-on-7 against them and all that,” Ross said. “They ain’t in my ear that bad. They’re going to let me make my own decision. It’s cool just knowing they’re here.

“[What stands out is] just how close it is to home. Just how it’s a great city, how the people are around here.”

The next week and a half will be about finding the right school.

Ross will lean heavily on his grandmother and mother to help make this decision, though ultimately he’ll make the decision for himself. As of right now, Ross claims he isn’t leaning one way or another. That will be determined over the course of the next week since he’s done with official visits.

“That’s something I really need to figure out right now,” Ross said. “I really have to talk with my family about how comfortable they feel with me at each school. So that’s really the main thing. Because I feel comfortable at each school right now. It’s just about where they feel like I can live for the next three to four years.”

On 1/27/2018 at 3:54 PM, doc4aday said:

I thought we were good with Hill after his OV.  It would be great to land both of these receivers though. Who is Ross' last OV with as well as Hills?

Not sure about Hill, but I'm almost certain that this is the last one for Ross.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He doesn't look what you would call... happy. Doesn't appear to be having a good time, but who knows, pause face can be deceiving. 

27 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

He doesn't look what you would call... happy. Doesn't appear to be having a good time, but who knows, pause face can be deceiving. 

I live in a small town and don't get out much so may mis-read the situation but after watching the tide basketball game, I must say this looks like a bama haircut to me.....:angry: I'm afraid we might have lost him.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I live in a small town and don't get out much so may mis-read the situation but after watching the tide basketball game, I must say this looks like a bama haircut to me.....:angry: I'm afraid we might have lost him.

Forgetting sarcasm font?

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Never had him to lose.

On 1/27/2018 at 9:10 PM, ellitor said:

There's been news from 1 site. It just can't be posted til 1 of the sites does a free update. Besides, I would prefer the "news" be validated by Keith or Wolk.

Is this still on a paid site and cannot be posted? Just wanted to ask.

46 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Is this still on a paid site and cannot be posted? Just wanted to ask.

Might be best to wait on the NYT to make the announcement ....just to be sure ...

17 hours ago, AU64 said:

You get 2 belly laughs for this one 64. Hilarious!!!:lol::lol:

Archived