2018 4* WR Matthew Hill commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

Yeah he got loose on a couple returns. I know he wish he had that would be TD catch in the endzone back. Dude is electric though. Archer's rb is doing work.

46 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

think we will pull his offer????

I'm kidding

They tried to force it to him way too much and the CB covering him was having none of it...Made it especially easy since they kept running screen passes like those were the only passing plays they went over. He had pretty good returns made a great tfl at safety.

2 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

We could use a good punt return man in every class.

The AJC came out with their Super 11. The best 11 HS football players in GA for this year. Hill is on the team. Awesome for him. Fields is on the team as well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I was over on the college football page at cbssports.com and with Hill's commitment Auburn moved up 10 places to 26th. Guess who they had listed at #25?

turds

32 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Kid isn't a burner but is smooth. 

Works for me. Of our best WRs going back 15 years or so, I can't think of many who were the fastest guys on the field. Taylor, Adams, Blake, Williams...

Running routes, adjusting to the ball, positioning your body to make the catch, being physical, sure hands... all more important IMO.  

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Works for me. Of our best WRs going back 15 years or so, I can't think of many who were the fastest guys on the field. Taylor, Adams, Blake, Williams...

Running routes, adjusting to the ball, positioning your body to make the catch, being physical, sure hands... all more important IMO.  

Any chance these were the attributes bc we didn't have a QB with elite talent (no shot, serious question)? Just wondering if ATH talent is more or less important based on level of QB talent.

13 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Any chance these were the attributes bc we didn't have a QB with elite talent (no shot, serious question)? Just wondering if ATH talent is more or less important based on level of QB talent.

I think we'll find out this season, *assuming Stidham plays at an elite level. 

Now, if we're including general athleticism, that includes other qualities like height, arm length, agility, strength, hand-eye coordination, etc. other than straight line speed that make a guy more proficient in the route running and ball catching departments. 

*I hate that word so much.

Edited by McLoofus

Lot more to it than just measurables. Everybody knew that Tim Carter could flat out run, 4.3 at the combine, but it didn't make him a great WR.

• Like 1

I am telling you, I think with this corps of receivers and the potential Stidham showed in the Spring.  Jimminey....words don't describe our upside.   I truly think we have at top 2 team on paper.

The receivers have so many different skill sets this year...it's crazy if you sit down and really consider what they can do.

• Like 2

Having Matthew and now Asa commit to Auburn in a little over a month is great for the Auburn family. Welcome to the Auburn Family, Matthew.

Edited by auburn4ever
  • Like 3

On 8/18/2017 at 3:11 PM, Gowebb11 said:

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I have to ask. What happened in Mobile and what are the chances us commoners are ever enlightened? 

It's been discussed a number of times. Do a search for "Kodi" by author "WarDamnEagleWDE" and you will find your answer. I'm not going to try to regurgitate what he said because I'd probably butcher it.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2017 at 5:50 PM, PoetTiger said:

what makes them knowledgeable is my question.

Well WDE lives in the area and knows many of the coaches in the area.

On 8/18/2017 at 8:43 PM, Tigerfinz said:

Not a lot of real enthusiasm...I kind of wish that Keith Niebuhr was the best reporter as well as the recruiting analyst.   He always seems upbeat when reporting on Auburn.  It's nice to at least get some fluff and praise coming from the reporters.   Rather than seemingly trying to search out something to criticize or over dramatize in order to fit a narrative or to say Nanny Nanny Boo Boo I just like to undermine you...

The lack of enthusiasm comes from the fact the most AU recruiting fans have been expecting this for about 6 months now. Some of the normal excitement has been tempered by an "It's about time" mindset. And Keith is the best recruiting reporter. His reporting is a big reason AU fans have been expecting this the past 6 months.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2017 at 7:18 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

And Auburn has got to have the worst journalist coverage of any P5 team!!!  Jeez!!!?

Not sure if serious but Keith puts out more recruiting stories for the team he covers that any other recruiting reporter for any team in the country.

49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure if serious but Keith puts out more recruiting stories for the team he covers that any other recruiting reporter for any team in the country.

Yes, I was serious.  You're right KN is as good as it gets. No doubt. He is the lone exception I can think of.   Guys like JL (who was mentioned earlier because of this situation), plus JC, BM, PM, etc. are all almost as bad as KN is good.  JMHO.  

14 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Yes, I was serious.  You're right KN is as good as it gets. No doubt. He is the lone exception I can think of.   Guys like JL (who was mentioned earlier because of this situation), plus JC, BM, PM, etc. are all almost as bad as KN is good.  JMHO.  

JC is good. He doesn't get the exposure because many of the people we know don't go to ITAT much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

JC is good. He doesn't get the exposure because many of the people we know don't go to ITAT much.

I enjoy the ITAT podcast with Jason Caldwell and Mark Murphy, but Scout has really fallen behind in the recruiting ranking department.