Teams AU has never played

RunInRed

18 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Man, their football field hurts my eyes. No, really. It does. :blink:

I always made fun of it until I actually went to a game there.  Its really kinda neat.  The view out of the north end of the stadium is beautiful.  It would be a fun trip to make for a game there.  Seems like I recall it seats less than 40K but it was an enjoyable place to watch a game.  I could wait in line for a coke and still see the game.  We lived in Boise at the time and watched the 2013 UT-Martin game.  BSU blew them off the field.  

42 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Wouldn't mind playing them in Auburn but not at there place, I hate that blue field.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

Would love to play Ok St in a neutral site like Dallas, Houston, or Nola.

Houston would be a good place. Dallas wouldn't be neutral IMO.

I'd love AzSt in Dallas.

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd love AzSt in Dallas.

Play them in Tempe.  When we were there for the Natty, my friends and I found an all-you-can-eat Waffle House in Tempe.  I'd go back just for that.

Otherwise, I really want to play a home-and-home with Michigan State.  I lived up there for years and my wife is a big MSU fan.  Would be a ton of fun, plus Michigan (especially the west coast) is beautiful in September.  And if you're a beer nut, Grand Rapids is one of the best cities in the country (about 70 miles from MSU).

Playing Utah would be fun, just to hear Rod Bramblett pronounce the Samoan names. 

I don't know why, but I would like to see a home and home with Iowa. Definitely would love to see Auburn have a home and home with Stanford and Notre Dame. 

On 7/21/2017 at 5:37 PM, kd4au said:

Wouldn't mind playing them in Auburn but not at there place, I hate that blue field.

That field is an unfair advantage in my opinion. Its like camouflage with their uni's. I wonder how many picks they get in their stadium vs when they go on the road. Or how many sacks their defense gets at home vs away. Would be interesting to see if there is a decided difference over the normal home field advantage.....probably hard to prove unless numbers are astronomically higher though.

22 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

That field is an unfair advantage in my opinion. Its like camouflage with their uni's. I wonder how many picks they get in their stadium vs when they go on the road. Or how many sacks their defense gets at home vs away. Would be interesting to see if there is a decided difference over the normal home field advantage.....probably hard to prove unless numbers are astronomically higher though.

The mountain west considered it enough of a disadvantage that Boise cannot wear blue at home in conference play. 

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

The mountain west considered it enough of a disadvantage that Boise cannot wear blue at home in conference play. 

Yeah, i just looked that up after I posted. Seems the opposing coaches complained about it taking more time to break down game film too due to the camouflage.

On 7/21/2017 at 4:19 PM, GreenEyedGirl said:

I always made fun of it until I actually went to a game there.  Its really kinda neat.  The view out of the north end of the stadium is beautiful.  It would be a fun trip to make for a game there.  Seems like I recall it seats less than 40K but it was an enjoyable place to watch a game.  I could wait in line for a coke and still see the game.  We lived in Boise at the time and watched the 2013 UT-Martin game.  BSU blew them off the field.  

I'll echo this.  My youngest son attended BSU for his freshman year in 2014.  We went to a game there and it was a great experience -- the people were very friendly and passionate about their football.  The stadium is small by SEC standards but so what.  If AU ever visited, it would be an instant sellout much like when AU visited KSU in Manhattan, KS.

On 7/23/2017 at 1:48 PM, AU80cruiser said:

Yeah, i just looked that up after I posted. Seems the opposing coaches complained about it taking more time to break down game film too due to the camouflage.

Must just be for the conference because in 2013 they definitely wore blue on the blue vs UT Martin.  So is wearing green on green not an issue?

Love for AU to schedule nothing but reputable "power" conference teams with Homecoming being the one exception.

Since $$$, rather than actual on-the-field results, seems to flog the mules pulling the wagon nowadays what difference does 3 W's over Ga. Southern, Mercer & LA. Monroe really make?  Stanford, Notre Dame & Michigan type matchups would keep AU in EVERYBODY'S mind as a team with cajones at least.

AU should be good enough year in & year out to go at least 2 & 2 OOC regardless of the competition and if they win the SEC they'll always have a chance at the Arbitrary Championship Playoff.  I'm backwards and old school so the season ends in Atlanta every year anyway.  Bowls and subjective championships are just icing on the cake.

19 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Odd that we haven't played Purdue, isn't it? Not that it's highly desirable.

I think I need new glasses. At first glance I read that as "we haven't played Perdue" and my brain was all like "What the heck is a chicken company doing with a football team?" :big:

I want to play Colorado, the gold and black would contrast us very well in the storm troopers

purdur would work to

arizona st for an ok west coast team to play

9 hours ago, GreenEyedGirl said:

Must just be for the conference because in 2013 they definitely wore blue on the blue vs UT Martin.  So is wearing green on green not an issue?

I dont recall watching any of the green teams (Michigan ST, Oregon, Baylor,....etc) and thinking they blended in with the grass. Maybe they do more than I remember idk and I couldnt find a good pic with a google image search to compare. However the Boise blue field is a dead ringer match for the all blue Boise State uniforms. 

I'd love to see matchups of less often played teams as part of a spring game to take the place of A day. It can be completely exhibition, the record doesn't count, don't line up for kicks, whatever...just instead of the same old thing, we could get a new team to practice with, sell tix be on tv, it would be awesome. Then we return the favor with a trip there to reward the players for a well practiced spring. Think of the fun to have an exhibition against Hawaii or notre dame or Utah etc.

please don't spend time telling me how this idea won't work, I don't care...let a man dream.

For all the talk of BSU and the smurf turf and "green" teams on grass, watch an Eastern Washington home game sometime...you'll feel like you need to adjust your tv screen.  ....Red turf...

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

For all the talk of BSU and the smurf turf and "green" teams on grass, watch an Eastern Washington home game sometime...you'll feel like you need to adjust your tv screen.  ....Red turf...

I've seen that team in that stadium on that turf. On TV, it doesn't hurt my eyes like Boise Blue, but I can't say I much like it either. It just seems...wrong.

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I didnt know about that field until i watched highlights of the QB Oregon got from Eastern Washington a couple years ago. It is pretty bad too.

call me petty but i could care less if we ever play s alabama. joey jones made too many unflattering comments about auburn in the past and i still have no use for him. maybe he has changed but

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:55 PM, GreenEyedGirl said:

It is just for conference games.

Not many teams on that list we'd exactly dodge playing, shaking in our shoes. Housel cancelling FSU in '99 >:( when we had a 13-3-1 record against them...still sticks in my craw. Factor into that misleading percentage too that in 125 years of football we've played many teams that were good in their day that don't exist anymore. During wartimes military installations were so loaded with college age football talent that they often competed with top programs. Camps Gordon & Griffen, Georgia Pre Flight, Forts Benning & Sheridan, Montgomery A.C. etc. Also a little school called Carlisle College shortly after Jim Thorpe graduated, a Bo like legend that stocked them with talent. 

fwiw, I'd love for us to play ND, Stanford, Navy & Air Force. Maybe AZ State & Iowa State because of recent coach connections. Wash/Iowa/Illinois are perpetually overrated by the media so good to play them. Hawaii maybe a recruit draw. The rest are no win situations where we beat them and so what - or struggle and get blasted.

I stand corrected BSU wore gray jerseys.   First row on top level.  It was like we were right on that blue monster.

IMG_1223.PNG

IMG_1224.PNG

IMG_1225.PNG

Archived