Fall Camp Schedule

WFE12

Link

Saturdays are usually reserved for scrimmages. Auburn's first scrimmage not likely to occur until after six or seven practices.

Mon, July 31 (First Practice)
2:55-3:15 p.m. – Open to the media 
5:45 p.m. – Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews

Tue, Aug 1 (Day 2)
No media viewing window 
6 p.m. – Kevin Steele, selected players post-practice interviews

Wed, Aug 2 (Day 3)
2:55-3:15 p.m. – Open to the media 
6 p.m. – Chip Lindsey, selected players post-practice interviews

Sat, Aug 5 (Day 4, First Day in Full Pads)
3:05-3:25 p.m. – Open to the media 
5:45 p.m. – Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews

Mon, Aug 7 (Scrimmage 1)
No media viewing window 
6 p.m. – Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews

Tue, Aug 8 (Day 6)
3:35-3:55 p.m. – Open to the media 
6 p.m. – Selected players post-practice interviews

Thur, Aug 10
Photo Day
Assistant Coaches Media Day

Fri, Aug 11
No media viewing window

Sat, Aug 12
No media viewing window 
11:45 a.m. – Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews

Mon, Aug 14
No media viewing window 
6 p.m. – Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews

Tue, Aug 15
No media viewing window 
6 p.m. – Kevin Steele, selected players post-practice interviews

Wed, Aug 16
No media viewing window 
6 p.m. – Chip Lindsey, selected players post-practice interviews

Sat, Aug 19 
No media viewing window 
11:45 a.m. – Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews 
3:30-5:30 p.m. – Fan Day (no player interviews)

Mon, Aug 21 
OFF — First Day of Class

Yea!  With that schedule I expect Stidham to be named "starter" on Aug 19/20.

Trust me it will be a battle for the starting job.  People say this offense is built for a guy like Stidham but I'll also say it's built for a guy like white as well.  Biggest thing in the race in my opinion is has Chip fixed the flaws in White's footwork and falling away when throwing?  If those are corrected his deep ball will be more accurate.  Only other factor is who the team rallies behind.

57 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Trust me it will be a battle for the starting job.  People say this offense is built for a guy like Stidham but I'll also say it's built for a guy like white as well.  Biggest thing in the race in my opinion is has Chip fixed the flaws in White's footwork and falling away when throwing?  If those are corrected his deep ball will be more accurate.  Only other factor is who the team rallies behind.

Hopefully, Chip can help get this corrected regardless. Will definitely benefit White in the future even if he doesn't win the starting job.

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

Will be interesting to see if this is corrected. From whats been said, he only does it in games & not in practice, so it makes me wonder if it even can be corrected by coaching. I think it's all up to Sean tbh. 

Please can we not hear of any players clearing up some personal business on Monday night from Gus. I just want all hands on deck and ready to go.  

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Please can we not hear of any players clearing up some personal business on Monday night from Gus. I just want all hands on deck and ready to go.  

This to the umpteenth degree!!! I don't want to hear no coach speak from him.

15 hours ago, corchjay said:

I would like to think it would be before the 2nd scrimmage (whenever that is). Split time in the first scrimmage but come the second one, let JS work strictly  with the first team.

15 hours ago, corchjay said:

That's a good guess @corchjay  

Im guessing that all the players and coaches will "know" that Stidham is the starter after the practice on the 12th. That will be clear by the 19th.  But I agree with you. I don't expect an official announcement until that following week. 

I'm calling Tuesday  August 22nd for Stidham to be named starter. 

I woke up this morning in the NC mountains and the temp was a brisk (for this time of year) 55 degrees.  Combine that with the start of "fall" practice and I'm really getting excited to see some football.  A little over a month away.  It should be an exciting month.

It all starts today.:wareagle: And I am ready to see some football.

Archived