***FINAL: Auburn 24 Mercer 10***

RunInRed

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There appears to be no leadership on this team (especially offense).  I take nothing from this game because of playing mercer.   Gus appeared nervous on the sidelines and I saw no emotion from the team 

I would tell what happened but @bigbird would steal my likes and @aujeff11 would face palm and some guy with 12 posts would want to start an argument so I'm going to sit back and wait this one out and get my popcorn ready.....

Oh let's not forget who brought up running our hb's into the ground two weeks ago either

One of the articles from 247 or rivals during the week was a player quote that said " Defense is more hyped, offense is more mellow." Offense better start getting hyped 

Just now, aubaseball said:

There appears to be no leadership on this team (especially offense).  I take nothing from this game because of playing mercer.   Gus appeared nervous on the sidelines and I saw no emotion from the team 

Gus is mentally unstable.  He has always appeared nervous,  Us AU fans mistakenly thought Gus being unstable mentally was because he was some kind of O savant.  That was not the case.  

wde

This clip sums it up for me.  Fire STILL hot for Team CGM...and my face, even with the win, can only be compared to Charlene Darling's.  CGM's "fine-tuning" of the offense looks a lot like Ernest T. Bass's.  Unfortunately.  I am a HUGGGGGE fan of Will Hastings, though.  And young Leonard.  These days I pant for ANY bright spot that gives me hope.  And with me, hope usually springs eternal.  

Can't even be too excited about the defense in this one. I don't think they got any pressure on the QB really.

That said. Thanks for 2010 and 2013 Gus, but we aren't living in the past. The game has moved on without you. Thanks for your time and enjoy your buyout once this season once the Iron Bowl is over.

Gus's Post Game Comments

Well we won a hard fought game. Got to hand it to Mercer, they came prepared and were coached well. We made some mistakes, but fought hard and learned to overcome adversity.

We will celebrate this one, and get ready for next week. We have a few things to fix, but we will get better.

2 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

WDE.  Stidham .can make good throws when he has a lot of time and the receivers are open.  But he often needs a lot of time .

I really do think he will keep improving. He was a lot rustier that anyone thought and THAT'S what bother me. How could the coaches not anticipate that and plan for it?

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I would tell what happened but @bigbird would steal my likes and @aujeff11 would face palm and some guy with 12 posts would want to start an argument so I'm going to sit back and wait this one out and get my popcorn ready.....

Oh let's not forget who brought up running our hb's into the ground two weeks ago either

so you hate the internet?

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

I really do think he will keep improving. He was a lot rustier that anyone thought and THAT'S what bother me. How could the coaches not anticipate that and plan for it?

He isn't rusty, he's coached by Gus Malzahn. The guy just doesn't have it for SEC football. Really liked him as our coach the way he represents himself and the school, but as a coach, he's lost the game.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Several posters did including myself. 

Saying the pass game was much better today is an understatement. The turnovers were awful. The OL continues to struggling. The lack of run blocking is mind blowing. The fact that we can't put in another RB is also mind blowing. If we can't get fired up for a team like Mercer and hang at least 40 on them.. that is concerning. 

WDE !!

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

I do too.  He's not gonna be another JJ.  If he can get time to throw, he'll be good.

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I can give you one back if you...like

3 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Can't even be too excited about the defense in this one. I don't think they got any pressure on the QB really.

That said. Thanks for 2010 and 2013 Gus, but we aren't living in the past. The game has moved on without you. Thanks for your time and enjoy your buyout once this season once the Iron Bowl is over.

Why do we have to wait for another Iron Bowl????? DO IT NOW!!! 

Im actually a lost less mad about this than Clemson.  Outside of the awful ball protection the stats were amazing.  Great  against a fcs team  but we did spread it out.  This makes me hopeful assuming we protect the ball in the future.

Tough game to watch, Pettway will run the wildcat the rest of the season, how many carries do RB's not named Pettway or KJ have this year.

Archived