Name your method of protesting

musicitytiger

Our current coach.

My list includes (as long as Gus is coach):

1) I won’t attend 1 more game 

2) not watching any more episodes of the auburn football review

3) not watching any more episodes of auburn everyday

some may think this is being a little sour and harmful to our school, but as an alum that loves our school..........I can’t watch this assclown Coach our team anymore.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most people of this kind usually block traffic and lock arms causing major heartburn for others.   Gus will find away to get fired.  He doesnt need people to protest.   

4 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Most people of this kind usually block traffic and lock arms causing major heartburn for others.   Gus will find away to get fired.  He doesnt need people to protest.   

I promise not to block traffic but will admit, the above measures do give me some comfort;-)

4 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Honestly in today's world I'm sick of the word protest...just sayin 

I would cave and change the word from protest, but then I’d be encouraging your protest of my use of the word......protest:-)

Not going to a game this season.  I'll still go to Auburn to visit, and probably buy some stuff, but that's because I love Auburn University and the town of Auburn itself. I spent some great years there, and made some lifelong friends.

9 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Honestly in today's world I'm sick of the word protest...just sayin 

So true.  The season is too short and there is too much time before the next one to spend it bent out of shape. I'll still watch and try to enjoy the games, but my expectations are beginning to change. 

I will do like most of us and get on AUFamily and vent. I haven't been to a game in years, I need my weekends for rest. The PTB will do whatever they want to do regardless of what I might say or do. I wish I had sway over them but I don't.

51 minutes ago, musicitytiger said:

Our current coach.

some may think this is being a little sour and harmful to our school, but as an alum that loves our school..........I can’t watch this assclown Coach our team anymore.

1. stupid

2. stupid

3. still stupid

just don't sell your tickets to updykes or dawgs but you probably will because you love Auburn so much

I am always going to support the players . Gus has too much of an ego . He will find away to get himself unemployed.

1 hour ago, musicitytiger said:

Our current coach.

No, go to the games as usual, buy some concessions,  keep the money flowing, get your normal seats, and wear the brown paper bag.

Nothing says “”Ef this!!” like the brown paper bag. Empty stadiums can be confused for apathy and can also look pathetic. Not to mention it hurts our budget for buying cool new amenities while we try to keep up with recruiting. 

I've stopped watching the games for the most part and spend my Saturdays volunteering at one of the local food banks.

I will:

-Eat at huddle house instead of Waffle House 

- No longer wear a sweater vest

- No longer wear a visor

-No longer pick my nose

-No longer chew juicy fruit  

-Trade in my BMW  

- Allow myself to audible when designing patient treatment plans. I don't want them to know what's coming  

2 hours ago, Dan-0 said:

I will do like most of us and get on AUFamily and vent. I haven't been to a game in years, I need my weekends for rest. The PTB will do whatever they want to do regardless of what I might say or do. I wish I had sway over them but I don't.

If we all make a collective effort we can have sway over them. We need to keep the pressure on their necks because right now they think we are going to still go to games and watch on tv and cheer regardless so the decision can wait. Our fans are some of the greatest in sports but they are loyal to a fault and need to get it in their heads that this is the only way. They're not handling this with care. The Fire Gus petition has 1,000+ signatures and counting, we're making progress. 

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

nothing, it is all gonna happen soon enough.

Nope..or it would have happened already

I would suggest kneeling when Gus walks by during the Tiger Walk, but he'd probably think we're bowing down to him.

10 hours ago, TigerOne said:

1. stupid

2. stupid

3. still stupid

just don't sell your tickets to updykes or dawgs but you probably will because you love Auburn so much

Because continuing to attend/support sends a crystal clear message to the athletic department?

assumptions seem to be your thing, I hope you’re not a detective

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

If we all make a collective effort we can have sway over them. We need to keep the pressure on their necks because right now they think we are going to still go to games and watch on tv and cheer regardless so the decision can wait. Our fans are some of the greatest in sports but they are loyal to a fault and need to get it in their heads that this is the only way. They're not handling this with care. The Fire Gus petition has 1,000+ signatures and counting, we're making progress. 

How many signatures do we have for firing the AD first?

I cut off donations after the softball scandal, won't step foot in Auburn until Jacobs is gone. Won't be going to a basketball game or baseball game either. Nothing. The city won't receive another cent from me until a shake-up happens. We've been subjected to Jay Jacobs for long enough. And quite frankly, I have a daughter, and the way the softball cover-up was handled (Jacobs lying to our faces while Corey continued to prowl and the girls were silenced), I am sickened for those girls. Our pathetic football coach and season are the icing on the cake. 

I had a signed Gus picture in my office. After the Clemson game I put it away. I was ashamed to have it. I thought about putting it back out before this game as I had enjoyed us beating the Miss teams. I made the right decision by leaving it put it away. He is face down in a drawer right now :laugh:

11 hours ago, GoAU said:

So true.  The season is too short and there is too much time before the next one to spend it bent out of shape. I'll still watch and try to enjoy the games, but my expectations are beginning to change. 

Bingo. Life is too damn short to protest Auburn football games.  Before you know it,  you’re too damn old and decrepit to travel to the games and make your way to your seats.  

Visit a nursing home and ask the die hard AU fans how they feel about an able bodied fan protesting and refusing to go to games because at midseason the Tigers have two losses.

Archived