Name your method of protesting

musicitytiger

Some of "protests" can be real turn offs to recruits as well as hurting our players if they feel we've turned against them.  Protest if you want, but make sure you're clear about what your protesting.  I might suggest standing for the national anthem - that seems to be the for the real rebel. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear you FWF are boycotting the games!  I'm  looking to make the 6+ hour drive to the ULM game in November.  Send me your tickets!  PM me PLEASE!  Don't want to pump any more money into that local Auburn economy.  I promise to buy my beer before I enter Lee County!

I can tell many of you are young.  The Barfield years would have killed you!

1 minute ago, penguin149 said:

Glad to hear you FWF are boycotting the games!  I'm  looking to make the 6+ hour drive to the ULM game in November.  Send me your tickets!  PM me PLEASE!  Don't want to pump any more money into that local Auburn economy.  I promise to buy my beer before I enter Lee County!

I personally witnessed what was probably one of the all time AU collapses....AU vs Wake Forest in Winston Salem when we were a ranked team.   Yep...unless you were an AU fan during those years you have never really suffered.

7 minutes ago, penguin149 said:

I don't live anywhere near Auburn and have simply changed what I do on Saturdays. It's a lot more fulfilling volunteering at the food bank than it is to watch Auburn crap the bed over and over.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I personally witnessed what was probably one of the all time AU collapses....AU vs Wake Forest in Winston Salem when we were a ranked team.   Yep...unless you were an AU fan during those years you have never really suffered.

I was and I did.

My "protest" is to not read any more negative stuff if I can help it. My stomach is turning. My "protest" will be to go to the remaining home games and cheer my heart out for these kids who have worked so hard and deserve our backing. My "protest" is to stop defending the coaches, even though I know we don't have the full story and I want so badly to figure out the "why?" to so many of the questions. But I just can't take it. So I will check in every now and then, but mostly tune it out. I'll try to stop thinking about how this is affecting so many families in the Auburn program. I can't live my life being angry over football. I refuse to pile on, even though I am losing hope. I am just sad. The whole thing is just sad.

I guess I'm not quite on board with the protest movements yet.  I actually heard someone say the other day that he would welcome Coach Chizik back.  I wonder about that.  Last weekend was a tough loss, probably one of the toughest and I've been around AU football for over 50 years.  I try not to become too emotional until we start getting blown out and that has happened to us on many occasions over the years.  Losing a substantial lead versus being trounced from the get go are two entirely different things, in my mind.  The ends of the Tubberville and Chizik regimes come to mind.  

So, I'll continue to support the team and players, watch on TV,  get to a game now and then, wear my Auburn gear on Sunday's and be an Auburn fan.  I'm looking forward to watching the game this weekend and anticipate that we will bounce back from the LSU with a resounding win.  War Eagle.

Every fan should still go to the games and support the players 100%, but they ALL should wear Gus and JJ clown t-shirts. That way you  can direct your anger to the right sources. 

17 hours ago, AUGoo said:

I think he has already found it!!

A year later and your signature picture still freaks me out.  

tenor.gif

You HAVE to support the players out there. I mean come on guys. If you just have to protest Gus, go hold a sign up at the game that only refers to Gus, but support the players.  

On 10/18/2017 at 9:54 AM, abw0004 said:

A year later and your signature picture still freaks me out.  

tenor.gif

LOL!

Glad to know I'm getting my money's worth out  of it!

I'm glad all you fair weather fans won't be at the games, more tickets for the REAL Auburn family members.  I've had season tickets since 1977, and you folks talking about a "boycott" aren't true members of the Auburn family - you're more like the in-law that married our dumb a$$ cousin.  

14 minutes ago, im4aual said:

I'm glad all you fair weather fans won't be at the games, more tickets for the REAL Auburn family members.  I've had season tickets since 1977, and you folks talking about a "boycott" aren't true members of the Auburn family - you're more like the in-law that married our dumb a$$ cousin.  

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed today huh? 

• WarTiger changed the title to Name your method of protesting

1.  Write to the university president demanding cleaning house in the athletic department.

2.  Write to trustees demanding the same thing.

3.  Don't buy any more tickets to any Auburn sports events.

4.  Cease giving money to Auburn until this whole mess is cleared up.

I will just watch another game if Gusclown wets the bed this week. I don't need the frustration. LOL. I read where he finally took credit for last weeks meltdown.....

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said there was not a conscious decision to be more conservative on offense in the second half of the team's 20-point collapse against LSU but took full responsibility.

After jumping out to a 20-0 lead, Auburn lost 27-23 for its ninth straight loss on the road at LSU. One reason for the loss was predictable play-calling as Auburn called 17 consecutive first-down runs and went to the air 12 of 14 times on third-down attempts.

Gus: "That starts with me as a head coach, regardless," Malzahn said. "We've got to be aggressive. We can't lose a 20-point lead. It doesn't matter if it's running the ball on first down. It doesn't matter if we give up a punt return, which is uncharacteristic for us. Giving up 20-point leads are unacceptable."

Gus: "I'll say this, as a head coach we're going to have a philosophy," Malzahn said. "We're a run, play-action team. Throwing the ball vertically. We hired Chip to be more balanced, and we are more balanced so you need to throw that in there, too. And Chip's doing a good job and like I said the second half we just didn't score points. That's really the tough part right there. We're going to rebound and Chip's going to do a super job. "

The man lives in Nutsburg.

Feel bad for those guys that didn't get to see the game yesterday due to their "protests"....

21 hours ago, CJBas said:

1.  Write to the university president demanding cleaning house in the athletic department.

2.  Write to trustees demanding the same thing.

3.  Don't buy any more tickets to any Auburn sports events.

4.  Cease giving money to Auburn until this whole mess is cleared up.

This philosophy with #3 and #4 will harm the current players, damage recruiting and could set Auburn back at least 10 years. Try a little perspective.

On 10/17/2017 at 7:46 PM, penguin149 said:

It didn't but I did think about doing bodily harm to both Barfield and PW Underwood.

:angry:

Archived