Do we still protect Gus from Arkansas?

NolaAuTiger

58 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Lol @ people who want us to walk away from his demands. He has all the leverage. He knows if he leaves we will be sitting right next to Tennessee in a coaching search mess.

Not to mention he won the West and our team was broken by the time the 2nd half yesterday rolled around -- KJ was super banged up, Tre Williams and Carlton Davis out. We were barely hanging on with KJ not able to be himself but losing 2 studs on defense just flatlined us. Gus did a great job after the LSU game and I think if we're 100% heading into the SEC championship we probably beat UGA as we've already shown we can dominate them when our team is in-tact.

Cannot put the entire team on one RBs shoulder.  This is why Kam Martin should've been playing more this season.  This sounds like bammers after the Iron Bowl riding the injuries. 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Carlton Davis has regressed from his freshman year. 

You think Carlton has regressed? Okay...

15 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

Most people on here have no realistic view of our program. We won the west beat both our rivals and won 10 games and people on here yelling for Gus to be fired. Y’all need to get out and wake up in the real world. If he’s gone who’s a better coach out there? I’ll take calls now. 

The thrust of my point is the consideration that Auburn would need to extend his contract (for recruiting purposes), which likely entails a potential bidding fight with what Arkansas would pay. Are we ready to lock him in for 4-5 more years and increase the buyout, or do we let Arkansas take their shot and then discuss contract? 

Everyone that claims to be an insider on other boards say a deal was in place yesterday morning but that as of this morning it was off the table because ark countered with an obscene amount of money. I think we are going to be like fsu and say there is no way we can match. It seems that he is leaving unless something crazy happens. 

We better not hire Petrino i will pull for notre dame. 

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

. It seems that he is leaving unless something crazy happens. 

well gus, if this is true, i don't blame you for going home, but be sure and not let the door hit you in the ass on your way out

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You think Carlton has regressed? Okay...

Absolutely.  He has not played as well this year.  You think he covered Ridley well in the Iron Bowl? Bama could've just thrown to Ridley the entire game and won it.  They could've ridden PI calls all the way down the field. 

Just now, 1856 said:

Absolutely.  He has not played as well this year.  You think he covered Ridley well in the Iron Bowl? Bama could've just thrown to Ridley the entire game and won it.  They could've ridden PI calls all the way down the field. 

If they “could” have thrown to him and won why didn’t they???

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Everyone that claims to be an insider on other boards say a deal was in place yesterday morning but that as of this morning it was off the table because ark countered with an obscene amount of money. I think we are going to be like fsu and say there is no way we can match. It seems that he is leaving unless something crazy happens. 

We better not hire Petrino i will pull for notre dame. 

I know money talks but at what point do you look at the future and say, I can compete for a championship next year at AU. However, I have a lot of work to do at Arkansas and a chance The fan base may not wait on me to do it. Paying a coach that much means they expect results sooner rather than later, not to be an 6 or 7 win team.

We still may counter and Gus still may be our coach but it was supposed to be announced yesterday. He is torn and they want him badly. Badly enough to pay him like a king. Will we match or let him go? Nobody seems to know as of right now. 

Honestly at this point I'm in the mindset that if he goes he goes I just don't care anymore. We are Auburn and still will be if he leaves we will find somebody I don't know who but we will. 

10 minutes ago, 1856 said:

You couldn't be more wrong. Do you really think that or are you just trolling?

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You couldn't be more wrong. Do you really think that or are you just trolling?

Look up his stats from his freshman year versus the past two. 

25 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Really don’t see us matching 7.1 mil a year, but who knows.

I am firmly on the Gus bus.   With that said, I wouldn’t match 7.1 million.   We have geographical advantages, and shouldn’t have to over pay anyone.  

7 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We still may counter and Gus still may be our coach but it was supposed to be announced yesterday. He is torn and they want him badly. Badly enough to pay him like a king. Will we match or let him go? Nobody seems to know as of right now. 

But according to some, Gus is more committed to AU than AU is to Gus because he loves AU and not money.  This is only Sexton doing work and Gus is an innocent bystander.......LOL 

wde

1 minute ago, AUCE05 said:

I am firmly on the Gus bus.   With that said, I wouldn’t match 7.1 million.   We have geographical advantages, and shouldn’t have to over pay anyone.  

7.1 isnt overpaying its the running rate for coaches going forward

1 minute ago, Auhud08 said:

I disagree.   TAMU and Arky are desperate for a coach.   Just like the housing crash, the market will correct itself.   After the crash in 08, people with money weren’t affected.   Likewise, great programs won’t have to overpay for a good coach.  

4 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

It is for Gus based on what he has given us.  But hey, if AU does pay him 7.1 mil/year, more power to Gus, but someone needs to tell him that what he gave us this season is what is expected (minus a bed wetting in the SECCG) and 2014-2016 should never happen.

wde

3 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Which stats? 

His technique, his leverage, his hands, and his understanding of scheme is all night and day better. There is a reason he plays the opponents best receivers and it's not because he regressed.

7 minutes ago, 1856 said:

because nobody throws towards him anymore.f

If him and Sexton are gaming us for money, the idea alone sort of pisses me off. 

Archived