Where the 3 freshmen RB's fit into the offense

WFE12

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU didn't know Joiner was a grade risk. Didn't ask the school about his academics till he committed. 

I would think that would be standard procedure and that it would be done more than once during the process. It seems recruiting is pretty much a waste of time when the kids don't qualify.  That being said, the next kid that I recruit and sign will be my first...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU didn't know Joiner was a grade risk. Didn't ask the school about his academics till he committed. 

That should be a dang priority . Holy crap. I mean, I am simply amazed we can get top tier talent and not do this. Well, hopefully he keeps his butt in the class room doing overtime work. Doesn’t get any easier in college.

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

How long has Auburn been recruiting Joiner? 

Not knowing a prospect's academic status is inexcusable. With as many people as there are in the athletic dept, somebody should be assigned to check this stuff before it gets as far as offering a scholarship. All kids come in on a three day visit. Why not require that transcripts, etc be brought with them at that time? Do it at an in-home visit before the offer is extended? Good grief!

On 1/19/2018 at 10:39 AM, McLoofus said:

A lot of people have said that, and a lot of people have countered that we haven't been using one because we haven't had a good one. Maybe one of these days we'll find out who's right. 

When we had guys we didn't use them....

I find this article funny because once we over with a guy  (I know apparently some don't think it's a thing in college for whatever reason) and he breaks down the six other guys will all have viable made up reasons why we can't use them and we'll be talking about stocking upat hb.

On 1/23/2018 at 11:17 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Inexcusable. 

Archived