JB Grimes- Thoughts?

McLoofus

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Don't insult me by posting articles even a 5 year old would know I've already read. If you want to be delusional & naive about JB the recruiter then fine. I'll just keep bringing truth and not care if it's accepted or not. If you didn't want an informed opinion though then don't ask for it in the future

CD982F76-A078-42C2-AA97-8A95ED89F766.gif

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Don't insult me by posting articles even a 5 year old would know I've already read. If you want to be delusional & naive about JB the recruiter then fine. I'll just keep bringing truth and not care if it's accepted or not. If you didn't want an informed opinion though then don't ask for it in the future

I did want an informed opinion. What I didn't want and what lots of folks get sick of is an overzealous hall monitor going full douche for no reason. 

You swung first, kid. I'll be sure to keep this thread alive til February. 

45 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I did want an informed opinion. What I didn't want and what lots of folks get sick of is an overzealous hall monitor going full douche for no reason. 

IMG_1127.GIF

Can he recruit? well......... 

we.gif

How good of a run tactician coach is he for the hog mollies and as WDE said MAULING other teams in run blocking? 

er.gif

12 hours ago, fredst said:

CD982F76-A078-42C2-AA97-8A95ED89F766.gif

Did not take you for a hills or laguna beach man. BINGE WATCH sesh when we tailgate for OUUUUUUUUR BOOOOOOOOOYZZZZZZZZ Shivers and Schwartz first home track meet next spring?! lol

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. Again. I know what a bunch of fans predicted months ago. This is a different conversation. 

Again. Semantics.  2 OLs show up on campus and immediately show major interest after hanging out with Grimes (Clark spent most of his time with Gus and Grimes on his visit, per another article). Everyone has a role to play. Just as it was with Braden Smith, Kaleb Kim and a couple others, the theme is that kids want to play for JB Grimes. Looking at comments and facts and looking past opinions around here, Grimes sure seems like he might be a major component in recruiting. 

And I'll take Morris's word over anyone's here, all day long. Notice he doesn't mention Porter:

NOW WHY YOU GOT TO THROW MUHHHHH BOY Porters name under the bus Loof?! Thought me and you were high on him as a recruiter?!  That is just uncalled for! lol.  Usually that is @corchjay job hahaha! 

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

NOW WHY YOU GOT TO THROW MUHHHHH BOY Porters name under the bus Loof?! Thought me and you were high on him as a recruiter?!  That is just uncalled for! lol.  Usually that is @corchjay job hahaha! 

I’m high on Coach G, TWill, and the Mississippi coach as recruiters.....Burns, he’s also graduated to the list.

The rest have been underwhelming as recruiters and need to listen to Grant Cardone. 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m high on Coach G, TWill, and the Mississippi coach as recruiters.....Burns, he’s also graduated to the list.

The rest have been underwhelming as recruiters and need to listen to Grant Cardone. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeCoachRankings We had 3 in the top 40 for last cycle and guess who was number 40? YOU GUESSED IT! Larry Porter baby!!! He is a stud. very underrated STILL it seems to be from the AU family. O man I am expecting big things from woodson. I can tell he is going to be a beast on the trail for us. *knock on wood*

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol, not dogging the Lare Bear at all fam! Just responding to the notion that he in particular is more important to Morris's recruitment than the position coach he mentions having a great relationship with. I'm still a member of Team Porter, promise.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Did not take you for a hills or laguna beach man. BINGE WATCH sesh when we tailgate for OUUUUUUUUR BOOOOOOOOOYZZZZZZZZ Shivers and Schwartz first home track meet next fall?! lol

Guilty

13 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Grimes is a 5 at best when it comes to recruiting. 

As far as coaching, solid 8 for road graders but a solid and I mean solid 5 when doing pass pro. 

Yeah. Pass pro is a concern. We'll see how it goes. Maybe working with a more proficient passing OC will help. As far as coaching goes, I'm hoping he can have a Muschamp effect and change the culture in that group in a big way. And fast.

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

uh oh. 

uh9L1im.gif

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeCoachRankings We had 3 in the top 40 for last cycle and guess who was number 40? YOU GUESSED IT! Larry Porter baby!!! He is a stud. very underrated STILL it seems to be from the AU family. O man I am expecting big things from woodson. I can tell he is going to be a beast on the trail for us. *knock on wood*

Porter is a stud. He should get credit for at least 5 more recruits last year. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. Pass pro is a concern. We'll see how it goes. Maybe working with a more proficient passing OC will help. As far as coaching goes, I'm hoping he can have a Muschamp effect and change the culture in that group in a big way. And fast.

Grimes will do that. 

Pass pro may be a concern, but hell, for Auburn fans, Grimes will look like a wizard, even in that area. We won’t be worse at protecting Stidham than we were last year. Herb Hand man. He’s the freaking Music Man. Everyone is excited, every time. But they’re all buying the same bag of crap. 

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Did not take you for a hills or laguna beach man. BINGE WATCH sesh when we tailgate for OUUUUUUUUR BOOOOOOOOOYZZZZZZZZ Shivers and Schwartz first home track meet next spring?! lol

I'm not but the gif seemed an appropriate response for that out-of-nowhere, off-the-top-rope onto poor @McLoofus. Having said that, if that would be what it took for bonding with my man Gwill... bring it on ?!

Grimes is super active in recruiting. He's at all of the visits. You just can't see him because everyone in the room is taller than he is.

16 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Mcloofus?! This is very becoming of you haha. What I will say is this. I trust Grimes ability to find the right player to fit what we want at Auburn, even if it is full of 3 stars. I am not one to forego the need for highly rated players, but Grimes is one of the few who I believe has an early eye for talent. I already see this with the offer of a fellow giant from Georgia. As long as results are getting done , I am happy. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

What I will say is this. I trust Grimes ability to find the right player to fit what we want at Auburn, even if it is full of 3 stars. I am not one to forego the need for highly rated players, but Grimes is one of the few who I believe has an early eye for talent. I already see this with the offer of a fellow giant from Georgia. As long as results are getting done , I am happy. 

Yeah. I'm excited about the Clark get. And like you said, we still need to swing for the fences but I think we're going to have to hit on some guys like that as long as the state school recruiting machines are churning. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. I'm excited about the Clark get. And like you said, we still need to swing for the fences but I think we're going to have to hit on some guys like that as long as the state school recruiting machines are churning. 

That’s just the unfortunate truth. The fact is with Bama and UGA, it is going to be extremely hard to out recruit them for the big dogs. Now of course, if you have a 5 star recruit , you go after him until he says no , otherwise , we need to allocate our resources to being superior at identifying talent that fit our needs.

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s just the unfortunate truth. The fact is with Bama and UGA, it is going to be extremely hard to out recruit them for the big dogs. Now of course, if you have a 5 star recruit , you go after him until he says no , otherwise , we need to allocate our resources to being superior at identifying talent that fit our needs.

And between them hopefully they'll get no more than 10/year. Hopefully we can still get our share of quality players. Stability and a quality/non-clusterf--- product on the field will help.

10 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

If Grimes is a 5, then Hand is about a 2.

I wouldn't even want Hand at UCF. Not sure what Texas was thinking.

Archived