** 2019 4* CB/Nickel Zion Puckett commits to AU!!!

ellitor

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

No, his school would not allow him to use the Video Board for the announcement tonight so he went ahead with this. 

That stinks, but this is in Georgia, so I presume that school is run by UGA fans.  Still stinks they won't let him announce that way.  That would be a nice moment for the kid.  Well, hopefully AU can make up for it by helping him have many nice moments in the friendly confines of a slightly bigger and louder stadium down the road in the Loveliest Village....   Welcome big man!!

• Like 2

We should show it on the Jumbo-Tron for him!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I just went back and looked at the archived classes. 2015 was a good class. Otherwise, Brown has us in a completely different stratosphere. (And, of course, he has a big hand in that 2015 class's success.)

I don't know what to do with my hands. What do I do with my hands?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Is this another one of those “Oops” announcements (thought the announcement was at game tonight)?

Nope. The Coach decided to change his mind again & have it done before the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Posted this because of the quote. He must of been one of the “silent commits”

8973498.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I just went back and looked at the archived classes. 2015 was a good class. Otherwise, Brown has us in a completely different stratosphere. (And, of course, he has a big hand in that 2015 class's success.)

I don't know what to do with my hands. What do I do with my hands?

Dude...you put them in the air to celebrate not only the coaching but also the *recruiting* prowess of The Goober!

Just now, fredst said:

Dude...you put them in the air to celebrate not only the coaching but also the *recruiting* prowess of The Goober!

Perhaps I should wave them as though I'm just not concerned? Oh my, this is liberating. And tiring. 

Image result for crazy wavy inflatable guy gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

There are folks on here that have made jokes about him, but the dude can flat out coach. 

Edited by creed
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, bigbird said:

Possibly.  We've targeted a lot of taller, longer guys.

I like the size of recent recruits.....and he is still just a growing kid...

Boom!   another great talent who will do great things at Auburn!  

31 minutes ago, creed said:

There are folks on here that have made jokes about him, but the dude can flat out coach. 

Probably the best technical and scheme coach on the staff.  Plus he has excelled at really getting his players to work as a unit really good.  That's my only concern with adding Woodson in at the CB coach because of communication but I think Coach Woodson has a good understanding of what Brown likes to do and will learn from him.  

And back to Zion.  Gotta agree with @WarDamnEagleWDE he might be a top 25 player, however I don't think he will make it up that high in this recruiting cycle.  No knock on Booth but I've had Zion ahead of Booth for a long time.  I predict Booth will eventually be a safety and a damn good one but his top end speed isn't like Zion's.  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, creed said:

I have referred to him as Goober mainly because @GwillMac6 called him that early on but... I’ve been excited about the hire after watching the clips of him coaching at Mizzou. The guy may look a little goofy- most of us do honestly; my goodness one of us is a big yellow bird- but he has proven he can coach the talent that’s there and (maybe with some help) recruit even better talent to come to AU. So: all hail The Goober??!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, creed said:

I don't think he has a proven record of developing the talent he recruits because of his short tenure at each location,.  But if we continue to recruit like this,. He may be able to stay and continue to coach top tier talent..   I mean that truly in a positive way.   Bringing Woodson on makes for a perfect pairing. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I don't think he has a proven record of developing the talent he recruits because of his short tenure at each location,.  But if we continue to recruit like this,. He may be able to stay and continue to coach top tier talent..   I mean that truly in a positive way.   Bringing Woodson on makes for a perfect pairing. 

Not sure if serious??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

If true then his coaching prowess is even higher if he’s coaching up kids he didn’t recruit for his system! Three Thorpe Awards winners I believe!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3

Brown seems like the kind of dude who knows his way around lakes, boats and margaritas. But only occasionally and always in moderation. Because Coach Brown doesn't need booze to be cool. 

Seriously. I bet he's low key one of the coolest dudes on staff. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

It only took me one year to see the difference in how better our defensive backfield executed over previous years and I'm not a coach. So, that's all I have to go on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, creed said:

That would be MUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. But Greg Brown is my guy now. I just love calling him goober. It is all out of love. He has more than proven himself. Hated the hire at first but now obviously I was wrong and really like it. The only coach I have a problem with on staff is grimes.......... but that has more than been debated enough this summer so I will leave it alone!!! WAR DAMN GOOBER BROWN BABY!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1

Just now, augolf1716 said:

I think you meant to say "That's what I ASK my wife say"

If you knew my wife you'd know the answer to that.  She would slap me up side the head before she did anything I told her to do

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1