Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

10 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

E7DC0A16-0A7E-4721-92F7-581329AB0D49.jpeg

I don't care if you used special lighting, filters, CGI... that is a beautiful and well named beer (and photo). 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I don't care if you used special lighting, filters, CGI... that is a beautiful and well named beer (and photo). 

No filter needed on this one. I do have some lighting straight overhead...so that definitely highlights the color. This was a damn fine beer. Both were. I have 6 more MA born beers to partake of...all part of a trade from a random dude on my NW LA craft beer group. Win!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

No filter needed on this one. I do have some lighting straight overhead...so that definitely highlights the color. This was a damn fine beer. Both were. I have 6 more MA born beers to partake of...all part of a trade from a random dude on my NW LA craft beer group. Win!

Nice on the trade! 

I used to have this little hanging lights over our marble bar in ATL that made my beer photos looks great. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nice on the trade! 

I used to have this little hanging lights over our marble bar in ATL that made my beer photos looks great. 

Speaking of beer trades, I feel pretty safe in it again. Lots of good beers here right now.

@ShocksMyBrain I still got yours when you are comfortable.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Speaking of beer trades, I feel pretty safe in it again. Lots of good beers here right now.

I'd be open to trading again, too. I just don't know what I have access to that would be worth sending. Certainly would be glad to explore that with you and see if we can work out something that is good for both sides. I do have access to Wild Leap, which people have been geeking over. And there might be more available in SC than I realize. I just don't ever shop because there aren't any legit bottle shoppes in my area. There's some weird concept package store, a vape shop, and a Kroger that has amazing stuff for 5 seconds and then nothing interesting for months. Plus it's packed with tourists these days. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'd be open to trading again, too. I just don't know what I have access to that would be worth sending. Certainly would be glad to explore that with you and see if we can work out something that is good for both sides. I do have access to Wild Leap, which people have been geeking over. And there might be more available in SC than I realize. I just don't ever shop because there aren't any legit bottle shoppes in my area. There's some weird concept package store, a vape shop, and a Kroger that has amazing stuff for 5 seconds and then nothing interesting for months. Plus it's packed with tourists these days. 

No pressure from my end at all. I am always down for trading just about anything. You probably have a pretty good sides of what styles I like...😬😳

I still have some of that Brass Techticles at 18% that I’m willing to send out. My dude in MA was scared of it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m good to go, I’ll start hoarding stuff. At this point it’s just whatever. I’m washing my hands regularly and wearing a mask at work/in public, maintaining social distancing, limiting my time in public except for going out to eat once and went to a brewery—both places had tables at least 6 feet apart, servers/tenders with masks and gloves. 

Speaking of social distancing, I was at the gas station yesterday and maintaining ~6 feet between myself and the person in line in front of me. Some guy walks in and almost cuts in front of me, “oh, are you in line?”

”Yeah”

”Why are you standing so far back?”

”Because I don’t want to be near anyone” and turned back around.

How can people still be this clueless? Oh yeah, because the general public is full of idiots. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Beverage World in Rossville, GA got some Toppling Goliath(Sue and King Sue) and Surly in today. Those aren’t readily available in Atlanta are they?

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Beverage World in Rossville, GA got some Toppling Goliath(Sue and King Sue) and Surly in today. Those aren’t readily available in Atlanta are they?

Not last I heard... but nice! 

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m good to go, I’ll start hoarding stuff. At this point it’s just whatever. I’m washing my hands regularly and wearing a mask at work/in public, maintaining social distancing, limiting my time in public except for going out to eat once and went to a brewery—both places had tables at least 6 feet apart, servers/tenders with masks and gloves. 

Speaking of social distancing, I was at the gas station yesterday and maintaining ~6 feet between myself and the person in line in front of me. Some guy walks in and almost cuts in front of me, “oh, are you in line?”

”Yeah”

How can people still be this clueless? Oh yeah, because the general public is full of idiots. 

Yup. HHI filling back up with tourists and they D G A Fffffffffffffffffff

I'm like you. We're making it work. Just staying out of those other situations as much as possible. 

11 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

No pressure from my end at all. I am always down for trading just about anything. You probably have a pretty good sides of what styles I like...😬😳

I still have some of that Brass Techticles at 18% that I’m willing to send out. My dude in MA was scared of it.

Oh, I definitely want in on that. Do you get DFH 120 down there? 

10 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

”Yeah”

I got you. Some noice stuff rolling out here. Oyster saison? Got it. Multiple delicious gose’s? Got it. IPA’s our the b-hole? Got it. 

• Haha 1

Well, lookie hyea lookie hyea. Available in GA now. Was surprised, though, to see a "best by 5/19" stamp. Maybe supply chain/logistics due to, well, s***, take your pick? Wasn't a tall stack and I'm 99% sure they didn't have it 2 weeks ago, much less long enough in advance of 5/19 for folks to drink it by then. Still tastes amazing though.

IMG_20200606_190832.jpg

Edited by McLoofus
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, lookie hyea lookie hyea. Available in GA now. Was surprised, though, to see a "best by 5/19" stamp. Maybe supply chain/logistics due to, well, s***, take your pick? Wasn't a tall stack and I'm 99% sure they didn't have it 2 weeks ago, much less long enough in advance of 5/19 for folks to drink it by then. Still tastes amazing though.

IMG_20200606_190832.jpg

F3966E85-04F7-4A43-9C45-02E7DF8479EB.gif

• Love 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

IMG_20200606_190832.jpg

But they can’t dip through Memphis and drop off some. Smh. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Did I mention I cooked some smoked crawfish boudin tonight? I couldn’t remember....

B7547510-1066-41E5-B27A-22488506C464.jpeg

I hear dry ice manages to keep meat pretty well during shipping. Just saying. 

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I hear dry ice manages to keep meat pretty well during shipping. Just saying. 

Best Stop in Scott! Get thee to the internet!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Did I mention I cooked some smoked crawfish boudin tonight? I couldn’t remember....

B7547510-1066-41E5-B27A-22488506C464.jpeg

The love reaction is severely inadequate.

• Haha 1

On 6/6/2020 at 9:11 PM, McLoofus said:

The love reaction is severely inadequate.

But we don’t have a “drool” reaction. @RunInRed, let’s get on that! We put what’s his face in a dunce cap, surely we can get a homer drool reaction. 

55 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

But we don’t have a “drool” reaction. @RunInRed, let’s get on that! We put what’s his face in a dunce cap, surely we can get a homer drool reaction. 

Hell yes and

54 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Cherry pie filling in a glass. 

E7zJii7.jpg

damn.