2018 Former 4* QB Cord Sandberg Commits to Auburn!!!

ellitor

Just now, ellitor said:

You are reading way too much in the tweets my man (Damn! I'm even talking like Keith now). I'd bet Golf's endless supply of beer Cord didn't pay no mind or check his NC St tweet before making his AU tweet. On your questions 1. That's where the info is pointing 2. No. See #1.

I know we aren't supposed to post rumors but rumor has it, this was one of the incentives offered to Cord....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

I know we aren't supposed to post rumors but rumor has it, this was one of the incentives offered to Cord....

Golf's live reaction...

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, aubie17 said:

Does he have a specific decision date set? Is lsu really a threat here? Is Auburn significantly leading? Thanks for your responses. 

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

1. VIP 2. Don't know. 3. Don't know.

Sorry @aubie17. Keith did answer #1...

Decision likely coming Monday. Will arrive at his next school Aug. 5. Brother gets married Aug. 4.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Think the other players will call him Coach Sandberg?

QB wearing 24 or is that how old he is?

Could be wrong, naturally, but the last QB I remember wearing a "2*" number was pretty good (Doug Flutie, #22)...

image.png

Edited by oracle79
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

image.png

Wow, forgot about Gabe!

He was a ray of sunshine in an otherwise ugly time at Auburn.  I understand why he chose baseball but he really was a pretty good QB!

Does he or his baseball team pay for his scholarship? or must we count him as a signee and AU pay for it?

3 minutes ago, Roos said:

Does he or his baseball team pay for his scholarship? or must we count him as a signee and AU pay for it?

His BB contract allowed for a couple years of paying for his school but not all four.  I believe that's why he's still shooting for a school that will give him a scholly right away.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Wow, forgot about Gabe!

He was a ray of sunshine in an otherwise ugly time at Auburn.  I understand why he chose baseball but he really was a pretty good QB!

One of my QB's as an Auburn student...loved to watch him play baseball at Plainsman Park as well.  I miss walking home to CDV extension in the spring and catching a ballgame on the way...Damn I'm getting old...?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Here is another '20' number qb. And plays for Auburn!

10084262.jpeg

Careful now.... You gonna be posting a gif next thing you know, after this fantastic display of humor!

1 hour ago, Roos said:

1.  They could However the plan from day one is Auburn has offered a scholarship For when he enrolls next week since Auburn has a spot open in the 2018 enrollee class. I don’t think LSU or NC State has room  on their yearly 25 limit to offer a scholarship until January.

Correct. Signees Only reserve their spot to be an initial counter should they qualify. If they don’t then another prospective student or enrolled student can Take the initial counter spot.

6 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I could just sit and watch that play over and over all day.  #AUsome!!!

dragged a perennial pro bowler the last 5 yards across the goal line!

• Love 2

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

dragged a perennial pro bowler the last 5 yards across the goal line!

Not just that but the burst of speed when he saw 7 coming.  Truly the 2nd most freakish talent I've ever seen at AU behind only Bo.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Tigerfinz said:

One of my QB's as an Auburn student...loved to watch him play baseball at Plainsman Park as well.  I miss walking home to CDV extension in the spring and catching a ballgame on the way...Damn I'm getting old...?

:-\ old my behind

• Like 2

IF you had your choice, would you have taken Center Brandon Kennedy for this year over Cord?  I'm assuming we could have signed him now after all the rules about 25 initial counters and qualifiers have come out.  I would definitely rather have a certified starting center for this year.

6 hours ago, oracle79 said:

IF you had your choice, would you have taken Center Brandon Kennedy for this year over Cord?  I'm assuming we could have signed him now after all the rules about 25 initial counters and qualifiers have come out.  I would definitely rather have a certified starting center for this year.

I'm as preoccupied with the center position as anyone, but I'm more worried about future seasons at QB than I am about this season at center. Without Sandberg, we might only have 1 legit SEC QB on the roster in 2019, and he's still got an entire season of high school football to play in an offense that asks him to run the ball a lot. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Kennedy wanted to come to AU. AU had little to no interest. Found this quite odd. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Kennedy wanted to come to AU. AU had little to no interest. Found this quite odd. 

At the time the I think staff expected KaYode to qualify. There wasn't room for Kennedy when he was ready to go to a new school.

• Thanks 1

Hell,. I would have taken Kennedy for sure, as I always like taking Alabama talent. Haven't done it since Corey Grant. :)

Plus, he plays center, and I feel uneasy about our Center position with Kim, and an injured/recovering Brahms.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Haven't done it since Corey Grant

Stephen Roberts says hi.

31 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Plus, he plays center, and I feel uneasy about our Center position with Kim, and an injured/recovering Brahms.

Don't be surprised if Horton or Harrell moves there. May depend how good Hamm really is doing at OG.

• Like 1