RB2

Concerning young guys please go watch Caddy and Ronnie during their TF seasons.  Caddy got playing time consistently around game 6.  RB ran very timid and looked nothing like he did in the following years.  I for one hope we don't have to put our running game on the shoulders of True Freshman.  I personally don't see it happening but the best case scenario is for K Mart to tear it up and surprise us all with how tough he runs between the tackles and becoming the top back we can rely on when we need to put a game away.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Concerning young guys please go watch Caddy and Ronnie during their TF seasons.  Caddy got playing time consistently around game 6.  RB ran very timid and looked nothing like he did in the following years.  I for one hope we don't have to put our running game on the shoulders of True Freshman.  I personally don't see it happening but the best case scenario is for K Mart to tear it up and surprise us all with how tough he runs between the tackles and becoming the top back we can rely on when we need to put a game away.

Heck Ronnie had fumble problems early 

Ronnie Brown redshirted his 1st year, and had major attitude issues during that season. He came in overconfident and had to realize everybody at that level was a stud in high school. Cadillac was really good as a frosh, but also had injury issues his first TWO seasons. His body wasn't strong enough to hold up in the SEC. KM, Whitlow and Asa Martin, in that order to start the year. Barrett and Shivers (unless he RS's) will be in the Eli Stove spot, Joiner will RS, and Miller will only get scrub time unless he can hold on to the ball. And then, he will only get carries around the goal line or between the tackles. Miller isn't an SEC back. Too slow and below avg hands. AU only took him to to keep that recruiting pipeline open in the future. Joiner is only 6'3 & 215 lbs, too thin to play TE, not fast enough to play RB at that size. Tall RB's need to be bulky or really fast or they are just a big target. That's why there are only a few tall backs who have been stars. Derrick Henry & Eddie George (bulky), Adrian Peterson & Eric Dickerson (4.3 speed). That's pretty much the entire list of tall backs who have been really successful. 

10 hours ago, Royal Tiger said:

Ronnie Brown redshirted his 1st year, and had major attitude issues during that season. He came in overconfident and had to realize everybody at that level was a stud in high school. Cadillac was really good as a frosh, but also had injury issues his first TWO seasons. His body wasn't strong enough to hold up in the SEC. KM, Whitlow and Asa Martin, in that order to start the year. Barrett and Shivers (unless he RS's) will be in the Eli Stove spot, Joiner will RS, and Miller will only get scrub time unless he can hold on to the ball. And then, he will only get carries around the goal line or between the tackles. Miller isn't an SEC back. Too slow and below avg hands. AU only took him to to keep that recruiting pipeline open in the future. Joiner is only 6'3 & 215 lbs, too thin to play TE, not fast enough to play RB at that size. Tall RB's need to be bulky or really fast or they are just a big target. That's why there are only a few tall backs who have been stars. Derrick Henry & Eddie George (bulky), Adrian Peterson & Eric Dickerson (4.3 speed). That's pretty much the entire list of tall backs who have been really successful. 

Welcome home,

post often.

8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Per Asa's Instagram

IMG_1300.PNG

This melts my heart with joy. 

10 hours ago, Royal Tiger said:

He did redshirt but he played early in the season before doing so.

Rushing & Receiving

• * indicates bowl stats included
    Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
2000 Auburn SEC   RB 3 6 10 1.7 0         6 10 1.7 0
2001 Auburn SEC FR RB 10 84 330 3.9 2 7 109 15.6 0 91 439 4.8 2
*2002 Auburn SEC SO RB 12 175 1008 5.8 13 9 166 18.4 1 184 1174 6.4 14
*2003 Auburn SEC JR RB 11 95 446 4.7 5 8 80 10.0 0 103 526 5.1 5
*2004 Auburn SEC SR RB 12 153 913 6.0 8 34 313 9.2 1 187 1226 6.6 9
Career Auburn         513 2707 5.3 28 58 668 11.5 2 571 3375 5

12 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Not all of us!

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not all of us!

I think KMart can be a successful back. I just can't see him be an every down back. As small as he is, and seeing how he blocks on pass plays (and its not always his fault, as he is simply getting overpowered by blitzing LBs and DEs). Watch the film on him on pass plays. It does not work well for Stidham...

And I hate a situational back like they used Barrett last year, who 90% of the time got a swing pass that either lost yards or gained about 1-2 yards. I don't wnat to see that again this year. 

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I think KMart can be a successful back. I just can't see him be an every down back. As small as he is, and seeing how he blocks on pass plays (and its not always his fault, as he is simply getting overpowered by blitzing LBs and DEs). Watch the film on him on pass plays. It does not work well for Stidham...

And I hate a situational back like they used Barrett last year, who 90% of the time got a swing pass that either lost yards or gained about 1-2 yards. I don't wnat to see that again this year. 

He's 195. And watch his running film. He certainly will be successful. He is just as good between the tackles as outside.

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

QFT

My educational experience for the day.

Many thanks.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He's 195. And watch his running film. He certainly will be successful. He is just as good between the tackles as outside.

Please don't misunderstand my comments. I agree, he has been successful between the tackles. I agree he can be a successful RB. I am not talking about his running ability. 

I just said I don't think he can be an every down back bc of his blocking. I have seen film on him, and he does a poor job of blocking or chipping those rushers like LBs and DE who weigh more than 30-50 Lbs on him. I have seen him bulldozed at times.

That is what I am focusing in on. Maybe he has improved in practices, and will show a better all round game in the fall. It is just how I feel for now....

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I agree he can do it I just don't know if he can do it 285 times lol.  Also my brain is fried this morning so forgive me but what is QFT?  Is that Quit ^%&^% Talking?

6 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I agree he can do it I just don't know if he can do it 285 times lol.  Also my brain is fried this morning so forgive me but what is QFT?  Is that Quit ^%&^% Talking?

<frantically waving hand in the air to catch teacher's attention>

"QUOTED FOR TRUTH 

Used on internet forums when quoting someone with similar views as yours."

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QFT

19 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

<frantically waving hand in the air to catch teacher's attention>

"QUOTED FOR TRUTH 

Used on internet forums when quoting someone with similar views as yours."

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QFT

Ah ha!  Thank you

52 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I just said I don't think he can be an every down back bc of his blocking. I have seen film on him, and he does a poor job of blocking or chipping those rushers like LBs and DE who weigh more than 30-50 Lbs on him. I have seen him bulldozed at times.

That is what I am focusing in on. Maybe he has improved in practices, and will show a better all round game in the fall. It is just how I feel for now....

Fair to say that his blocking has been a hindrance. Let's hope that his coaches have been working with him and that Gus is letting Chip exercise a modicum of creativity and common sense with the play calling that will allow for a freakishly gifted ball carrier to carry the damn football.

27 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I agree he can do it I just don't know if he can do it 285 times lol. 

Let's hope that Gus has somehow finally learned that very few guys can and that none of them should when there are other guys who can play the position. I know we both belong to the choir here. I'm just not going to get over it until Gus and Tim do.

Also my brain is fried this morning so forgive me but what is QFT?  Is that Quit ^%&^% Talking?

That actually is one of the options in addition to what Auld provided. I'm pretty sure I've been the target of both. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That actually is one of the options in addition to what Auld provided. I'm pretty sure I've been the target of both. 

Also found Quantum Field Theory but, for the life of me, couldn't figure out any potential relevance.

9 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Also found Quantum Field Theory but, for the life of me, couldn't figure out any potential relevance.

quan·tum
ˈkwän(t)əm/
noun
  1. 1.
    PHYSICS
    a discrete quantity of energy proportional in magnitude to the frequency of the radiation it represents.

This is a football (field) forum and all my takes are so hot they're radioactive, baby! QFT!

I'm so sorry I owe all of you a big apology really I don't know what got into me there I'll QFT now....

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
quan·tum
ˈkwän(t)əm/
noun
  1. 1.
    PHYSICS
    a discrete quantity of energy proportional in magnitude to the frequency of the radiation it represents.

This is a football (field) forum and all my takes are so hot they're radioactive, baby! QFT!

I'm so sorry I owe all of you a big apology really I don't know what got into me there I'll QFT now....

Walk the Planck!

If Cam Martin gets injured early on, who exactly will we turn to?  Who after Cam stands out as the next in line? With all of the fumbling going on with several of our backs, it is a bit scary to think of what might happen. Just an honest question guys nothing more or less!

WDE

28 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

If Cam Martin gets injured early on, who exactly will we turn to?  Who after Cam stands out as the next in line? With all of the fumbling going on with several of our backs, it is a bit scary to think of what might happen. Just an honest question guys nothing more or less!

WDE

Worm or Asa

Archived