Auburn vs. Tennessee Score Prediction

Zeek

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a feeling we are like UT back in Fulmer's day....lots of UT fans were hoping for a bad season as justification to get rid of him...….have a feeling that some AU "fans" are in the same boat.   

AU unpredictable but a home game....should win for 10 or so points...more if the D can get off the field on 3rd and long. 

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Got a feeling we are like UT back in Fulmer's day....lots of UT fans were hoping for a bad season as justification to get rid of him...….have a feeling that some AU "fans" are in the same boat.   

AU unpredictable but a home game....should win for 10 or so points...more if the D can get off the field on 3rd and long. 

It’s a bit different because no matter how bad the season gets Gus isn’t going anywhere. I think fans are looking back at recent weeks and predicting what will happen based on what they have seen.  Others are hoping that we have hit rock bottom and will rebound this week.  Time will tell.

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

UT fans hoping and wishing for Fulmer's demise weren't facing a situation where Fulmer was cemented to their program for years due to an astronomical buyout that handcuffed the program. 

LSU faced this with Les Miles ($16mm buyout) and the "optics" of a state that threatened to cut funding and a school President that jumped up on his soap box bleating about LSU going bankrupt and terminating faculty.  Miles was saved one year because the "optics" looked so financially bad -and they ended up canning his ass only 4 games in to the next season.

UGA faced this same situation with Richt - the fans wanted him to really tank a season so that the Admin would can him.  For years the Admin was too afraid to send him packing because of fear that his predecessor would be worse.  They kept Richt by choice - not because the $$ was too much to jet him.

Auburn is in a uniquely different situation because AU is married to CGM for years to come - the fans would do well to make the best of it. 

Support the players, cheer like crazy in the stands, deck out the tailgate scene and throw even bigger parties win or lose.  aka (OleMiss may not win the game, but they always win the party.)

56 minutes ago, keesler said:

Auburn is in a uniquely different situation because AU is married to CGM for years to come

I think most fans know there is nothing they can do about it but they want to vent frustration somewhere.

Side note: I also think that we are a MUCH, MUCH better team than TN. I see a lot of fans picking us to lose but TN is flat out terrible. I know we are tanking but there is no way we lose this game unless we simply do not show up. 

21 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Auburn 31

Tennessee 0

First SEC shutout since 2006

I wish ...

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

You have lost perspective if you think this fan base was hoping for a bad season. That is silly.

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

I don't think any sane Auburn fan wants a bad season.  There's always lunatic fringe, and I saw plenty of that in Georgia during their Ray Goff years, but I've always thought true AU fans to be more reasonable than that.

We're just frustrated that he signed such a deal and then craps the bed and that's not going over well.  But we all realize he's here for 2-3 more years... period, so we'll either pull for him to FINALLY figure out how to handle the offense or we'll just have 2-3 years of growing apathy.

Personally, that's what I'm feeling now... apathetic.  If he magically turns it around, great, but I'm not sure I'll ever trust Gus again.  Fool me once, shame on you...fool me 5 times, I must be a moron.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

You have lost perspective if you think this fan base was hoping for a bad season. That is silly.

"was"....I accept that  when the season started.    But now?    I'm not so sure that's true any longer.   And JMO but you don't know how some football fans think.   I've seen that at several schools over the years when a coach falls out of favor....Tennessee for one but others too..  

There is a lot of negativism on this board and I'm betting some people think a few more losses is an AU's best long term interest (justify getting  rid of Gus)  and would like to see that occur.  

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

"was"....I accept that  when the season started.    But now?    I'm not so sure that's true any longer.   And JMO but you don't know how some football fans think.   I've seen that at several schools over the years when a coach falls out of favor....Tennessee for one but others too..  

There is a lot of negativism on this board and I'm betting some people think a few more losses is an AU's best long term interest (justify getting  rid of Gus)  and would like to see that occur.  

But you know more right? You just admitted that you accepted prior to the season that you believed fans wanted us to have a losing season to get Gus out. That severely lacking in perspective. There are outliers of course but majority of the fan base , at the very least on this forum, has said they wanted consistency. No more , no less.

Do you think he has been consistent since he got support from AU in a new form of a contract? 

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:18 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

I predict...

Me:

1D91816A-8F78-4F4E-A237-67C324ED7ECA.gif

What? Telling stories you sold to Peterman😆 or getting drunk?.........oops wrong episode.......drunk it is😆

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

But you know more right? You just admitted that you accepted prior to the season that you believed fans wanted us to have a losing season to get Gus out. That severely lacking in perspective. There are outliers of course but majority of the fan base , at the very least on this forum, has said they wanted consistency. No more , no less.

Do you think he has been consistent since he got support from AU in a new form of a contract

No,  .and the absence of consistency has convinced lots of vocal folks that it is time for Gus to go.     

But that was not the point....my comment supported the thought that a good number of vocal AU fans are willing to see some AU losses as justification for a coaching change....just look at the commentary, questions on the buyout and the expectation that some deep pockets would be pushed to the point of making the buyout possible.....and people seeming to be hopeful  for that.   So by deduction, it seems they want to see some more losses....like UGA fans wanting Richt gone and UT fans wanting Fulmer gone.   I heard fans of those teams unabashedly say they were hoping for a couple more losses....the expectation that a few bad losses would push the PTBs over the edge......like LSU waiting on Les to lose one more game so they could pull the trigger.  Betcha there were a ton of corndogs willing to take a loss to AU as fair swap to dump Les.      

So you think there are not AU people making the same comments to friends and hinting at such on this board?    It's not about me knowing more....it's about reading what some of the more vocal recent additions to this board are posting.  What they would like to see has no effect on the game but the negativism on the board destroys the enjoyment of the chat since almost any positive comment is sure to draw a bunch of posts from people questioning my sanity.

25 minutes ago, AU64 said:

No,  .and the absence of consistency has convinced lots of vocal folks that it is time for Gus to go.     

But that was not the point....my comment supported the thought that a good number of vocal AU fans are willing to see some AU losses as justification for a coaching change....just look at the commentary, questions on the buyout and the expectation that some deep pockets would be pushed to the point of making the buyout possible.....and people seeming to be hopeful  for that.   So by deduction, it seems they want to see some more losses....like UGA fans wanting Richt gone and UT fans wanting Fulmer gone.   I heard fans of those teams unabashedly say they were hoping for a couple more losses....the expectation that a few bad losses would push the PTBs over the edge......like LSU waiting on Les to lose one more game so they could pull the trigger.  Betcha there were a ton of corndogs willing to take a loss to AU as fair swap to dump Les.      

So you think there are not AU people making the same comments to friends and hinting at such on this board?    It's not about me knowing more....it's about reading what some of the more vocal recent additions to this board are posting.  What they would like to see has no effect on the game but the negativism on the board destroys the enjoyment of the chat since almost any positive comment is sure to draw a bunch of posts from people questioning my sanity.

Never said they weren’t people on this board who said that. I am saying majority of the fans want consistency. They absolutely are not hoping for AU to lose games. There is an outlier of a few from both sides. One side who never liked Gus and always wanted him to fail. Another who are the biggest Gus fans and think he can do no wrong. On this board , the majority fit in the middle of the bell curve, not the ends.

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

I’d just like to say I haven’t met nor do I personally know a single Auburn fan who is rooting against the team to get rid of Gus. I think this is mostly what you guys want to believe to further your narrative about the part of the fan base who is upset.  I know and associate with a lot of fellow Tigers and we will all be cheering and pulling for Auburn as hard as ever on Saturday even though 90% of us have lost faith in Gus. 

35 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Good grief if it’s ruining the board then why do you keep coming back? It’s designed for back and forth and discussion and debate. These posts get as old as you say the negative ones do. Just shut up about the negativity and continue with your attitude. No one is stopping you from being positive bro 

28 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Good grief if it’s ruining the board then why do you keep coming back? It’s designed for back and forth and discussion and debate. These posts get as old as you say the negative ones do. Just shut up about the negativity and continue with your attitude. No one is stopping you from being positive bro 

True…..but I enjoy sports chat and especially about AU....and keep hoping for something more positive or at least objective.....and not another version of al.com minus the bammers.    

And maybe you haven't noticed the number of people who have quit posting regularly...especially those noted as "sunshine pumpers who I guess have given up on finding good discussion.  So...is that what the board sponsors and advertisers want this to be....a 24 hour bitch session?    JMO but that is the way to kill the forum. 

30 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True…..but I enjoy sports chat and especially about AU....and keep hoping for something more positive or at least objective.....and not another version of al.com minus the bammers.    

And maybe you haven't noticed the number of people who have quit posting regularly...especially those noted as "sunshine pumpers who I guess have given up on finding good discussion.  So...is that what the board sponsors and advertisers want this to be....a 24 hour bitch session?    JMO but that is the way to kill the forum. 

That’s their choice. If the board suffers it’s their fault for not staying and defending their position and instead bitching and moaning about negativity and taking their ball and going home like pouty babies instead of adults. 

Archived