Chances of a new Offensive Game Plan

ALTiger

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling you’ll see a lot of running based off the jet sweep motion.  There will be the occasional long bomb to Slayton, Williams, or Schwartz to keep the safeties back. Throw in an occasional bubble screen to Ryan Davis and middle screens on 3rd and long to Boobee or Miller.  Stidham will throw to keep the offense balanced but not to lead the offense.  Ole Miss Part Duex.

10 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I have a feeling you’ll see a lot of running based off the jet sweep motion.  There will be the occasional long bomb to Slayton, Williams, or Schwartz to keep the safeties back. Throw in an occasional bubble screen to Ryan Davis and middle screens on 3rd and long to Boobee or Miller.  Stidham will throw to keep the offense balanced but not to lead the offense.  Ole Miss Part Duex.

I agree 100%. 

The best chance to see changes is after a bye with Gus.  I am hoping that the game plan includes a QB other the JS sees some action. One can hope.  I’m sure Gus worked on execution.

1 hour ago, ALTiger said:

What are the chances that we have changed our offensive philosophy (play to JS's strengths) over the BYE week?  Do you think it would happen?  

CoordinatedEvenGemsbok-size_restricted.g

1 hour ago, ALTiger said:

What are the chances that we have changed our offensive philosophy (play to JS's strengths) over the BYE week?  Do you think it would happen?  

Might get the first three offensive series scripted instead of the first two. After that? Nothing. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

MzQ1YWMxYzQ3YiMvakhPSVQtUEk4OE9EenhFcVNz

Who am I kidding...

tenor.gif

There's no chance in Auburn either. 

They don't need a new game plan.  

Gus' gameplan (note: singular) always works when the players execute perfectly.  He doesn't need to adapt.  The players need to force themselves into the round holes he provides.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

They don't need a new game plan.  

Gus' gameplan (note: singular) always works when the players execute perfectly.  He doesn't need to adapt.  The players need to force themselves into the round holes he provides.

72, it’s sad, but I think you summarized Gus’ philosophy perfectly. 

I can guarantee you that if whatever plan A is doesn't work the whole game, there will be no plan B.

35 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

72, it’s sad, but I think you summarized Gus’ philosophy perfectly. 

Truly, aside from the infamous bizzaro whirlybird game plan, pretty much every game from '15 thru to today looks the same.  You might see them try something a little different here or there but it's usually just a handful of plays that, even though they work, they always inexplicably flow back into the same old play calls while over using the same players.  It's Gus' binky.  He can't help it.

None gus is a high school coach.  His offense in high school worked well year to year without change.  Since his high school days did not require changes his never developed the skills or knowledge to change.  In other words he does not know how to change.

• WarTiger changed the title to Chances of a new Offensive Game Plan

Guess my eyes are fooling me but seems that over the past several weeks there has been many changes.........percent of pass plays has increased,  more sweeps and plays out side of the tackles, long passes that either WRs don't catch or the QB can't seem to hit.   Not sure what folks are expecting to see but lots of recent opportunities for some big plays if the players execute.   

How does anyone think that execution is not an issue?    dropped passes, interceptions, fumbles and badly thrown passes.   I mean, how many TDs have been left laying on the field thus far this season because of poor execution?     These are 4* Div 1 athletes.....seems that they should be able to execute a HS offense without difficulty...JMO

7 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I agree. Gus can only see one game back.

40 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess my eyes are fooling me but seems that over the past several weeks there has been many changes.........percent of pass plays has increased,  more sweeps and plays out side of the tackles, long passes that either WRs don't catch or the QB can't seem to hit.   Not sure what folks are expecting to see but lots of recent opportunities for some big plays if the players execute.   

How does anyone think that execution is not an issue?    dropped passes, interceptions, fumbles and badly thrown passes.   I mean, how many TDs have been left laying on the field thus far this season because of poor execution?     These are 4* Div 1 athletes.....seems that they should be able to execute a HS offense without difficulty...JMO

Maybe if their dang coach would build some consistency and identity in what they're supposed to do...but that's just me.

Archived