2019 5* LB Owen Pappoe commits to AU!!!

WFE12

2 hours ago, DAG said:

You just referenced this on another thread. Why would he not stick?

Some fans just have to find something to worry about.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Some fans just have to find something to worry about.

Truth. If OP flips we riot.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I like how well he's engaging and shedding blocks.

39 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I like how well he's engaging and shedding blocks.

I agree but ...  And I am no coach or expert so someone can correct if I am wrong...  but he seems like he was very upright and took on those blocks very high.   Good thing was that he appeared to be going against bigger guys so he should be use to that once he gets to AU.

10 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I agree but ...  And I am no coach or expert so someone can correct if I am wrong...  but he seems like he was very upright and took on those blocks very high.   Good thing was that he appeared to be going against bigger guys so he should be use to that once he gets to AU.

Likely because he's strong enough to get away with it. When I watch defensive front-7 players in high school that's typically their biggest flaw is having too high of a pad level. If he were pass rushing like that I'd be more concerned but I agree that he can work on getting more of a lean/lower angle when engaging blockers.

War Eagle.

53 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That's a lot of talent on one team

Insane that not one of them is committed to the same team. After Jakai and Wanya I don’t like OP going to Tennessee on an official.

Don’t think we lose him but the Vols are on my poop list.

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

Insane that not one of them is committed to the same team.

Not really. High school teammates in the same class don't go to the same p5 schools often.

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

After Jakai and Wanya I don’t like OP going to Tennessee on an official.

I don't mind it at all. Jakai is not a Vol target & the Vols are not a serious threat with OP.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not really. High school teammates don't go to the same p5 schools often.

I don't mind it at all. Jakai is not a Vol target & the Vols are not a serious threat with OP.

Man, the regret that kid must be feeling.

Who knows, maybe OP will lean on Wanya. I realize it probably won't make a difference but couldn't hurt. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not really. High school teammates in the same class don't go to the same p5 schools often.

Is Jakai even in consideration for us anymore? I'm sure there are some sour grapes but I doubt he is irredeemable. 

46 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Is Jakai even in consideration for us anymore? 

Nope. That’s why his thread was moved to the Rivals section when he Decommitted publicly. This was spurred on by Auburn letting him go after he mishandled his visit to Tennessee.

• 5 weeks later...

This recruiting class was going to take us to the top, but of course we stink it up. All we had to do was beat the teams we were supposed to this year. Here we are hovering around .500 during the easiest half of the schedule. We need this recruit and this class.  We miss on this, then we are in trouble when our guys leave this year. 

1 hour ago, weathergeakal said:

So.. Yall think he is staying?

Pappoe is solid to AU, IMO. I don't think it will change too much. What I do think we've done today is pretty solidly sent Wanya to the Vols.

1 hour ago, weathergeakal said:

So.. Yall think he is staying?

I'd think so as long as TWill is still at AU. Tons of PT available on a quality defense. Don't think Gus' awfulness affects  him too much. I'd be more worried about Pickens than Pappoe

5 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I'd think so as long as TWill is still at AU. Tons of PT available on a quality defense. Don't think Gus' awfulness affects  him too much. I'd be more worried about Pickens than Pappoe

As much as I hate to say it (and I’m usually an optimist), I don’t even consider Pickens an AU commit anymore. I just don’t see him coming to AU. Hope I’m wrong though! 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We dont "need" Pickens but itd be demoralizing to lose him. Although the last 2 receivers we had on his level were criminally misused so it is what it is 

Yes, we do “need” Pickens. We need someone that can replace Slayton and catch a freakin deep ball. The only time Slayton is catching the ball is if he is a few steps behind the defender and even that is not a gimme. He doesn’t have the ball skills to consistently win jump balls. Pickens has that ability. We need more playmakers at every position. Period.

5 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Yes, we do “need” Pickens. We need someone that can replace Slayton and catch a freakin deep ball. The only time Slayton is catching the ball is if he is a few steps behind the defender and even that is not a gimme. He doesn’t have the ball skills to consistently win jump balls. Pickens has that ability. We need more playmakers at every position. Period.

the problem with that train of thought is that we already have guys like that on this roster....Just because we got this guy on the roster doesnt mean Gus would necessarily play him. Noah could've been that last year, McClain is supposed to be a moss god, Sedrick Jackson got rave reviews for his ability to beat someone up high, Seth Williams showed the ability, obv Schwartz, Matthew Hill, I could really go on. Eli Stove is more than fast and wasnt ever used for anything except sweeps.

Do I think Pickens would be used in some capacity just on sheer talent? Obv. But you're expecting a guy who has done the atrocities I just listed to automatically use someone for more than whatever purpose he deems they're supposed to have? He could deem Owen as a crossing routes, Will Hastings upgrade. That would be Owen's primary purpose for his 2 years before transferring out 

On 9/14/2018 at 12:11 PM, ellitor said:

Nope. That’s why his thread was moved to the Rivals section when he Decommitted publicly. This was spurred on by Auburn letting him go after he mishandled his visit to Tennessee.

Are we in danger of losing Pappoa? I see a crystal ball prediction that now has him at 52% UGA and 48% Auburn. I know you usually have the best read on things & appreciate your information a  lot!

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Are we in danger of losing Pappoa? I see a crystal ball prediction that now has him at 52% UGA and 48% Auburn. I know you usually have the best read on things & appreciate your information a  lot!

I would imagine that's outdated and still prior to his commitment. 

12 hours ago, doc4aday said:

According to ellitor, once a recruit commits to a school the crystal ball people rarely go back and update their picks unless there is news of them flipping.  So no worries.  He is solid to AU at this time.

On 10/18/2018 at 9:38 AM, LKEEL75 said:

According to ellitor, once a recruit commits to a school the crystal ball people rarely go back and update their picks unless there is news of them flipping.  So no worries.  He is solid to AU at this time.

Thanks @LKEEL75. I explained that to @doc4aday before when he had a similar question on another commit. Lol

Also FTR after a player commits a picker can't change his choice unless they are predicting a new flip.

Archived