Another loss to a rival

NolaAuTiger

How hard is it really to script more than one drive? Those scripted drives always look so promising.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

Even the announcers were stunned we weren't throwing the ball down field. Have they not watched Malzahn's predictable, vanilla offense all season or something?

One would assume a coach would adjust, or just start clawing away trying to win over time. That's why it's stunning. Gus is on some sort of self-validation quest. He wants to prove things. The other coaches just want to whoop an ass. An enigma understood only by our  family. Outsiders don't have a clue.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Caught a glimpse of Stidham smiling and looking all cool after the players met at midfield. Guess if  it doesn't make the players upset to get dominated by their peers, why should I care. This team just isn't a bunch of winners, with a few exceptions. They don't have the hunger to be successful, that championship caliber teams have and that's on their coach. He's the same way. Nick or Kirby would be embarrassed after that and would be trying to fix it on the bus ride home. 

Yep I am ready to just hear someone say we don’t hate losing. A snappy sound bite would be nice.

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Way too much beer to even start processing this.

A good drinking game would be having to take a drink every time we throw that little screen pass to Ryan Davis. You would be plastered by the end of every ´effin game. SMDH!

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Caught a glimpse of Stidham smiling and looking all cool after the players met at midfield. Guess if  it doesn't make the players upset to get dominated by their peers, why should I care. This team just isn't a bunch of winners, with a few exceptions. They don't have the hunger to be successful, that championship caliber teams have.

That’s the problem if it were uga or uat players they wouldn’t be happy because they would know their coach would chewing their butts after the game and all next week. The would know that next week at practice was going to really hurt. If their is no risk most will choose to do less. See AU football.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Caught a glimpse of Stidham smiling and looking all cool after the players met at midfield. Guess if  it doesn't make the players upset to get dominated by their peers, why should I care. This team just isn't a bunch of winners, with a few exceptions. They don't have the hunger to be successful, that championship caliber teams have.

Attitude reflects leadership.

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

IS ANYONE ELSE LISTENING TO THE POSTGAME SHOW? DID Y'ALL JUST HEAR GRIMES??? My goodness!!!!!!

Do share

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Jacobs did do that Leath did. Jacobs actually wanted to fire him last year before he was fired. I don’t like Jacobs at all but Leath is the problem and he needs to be fired. I hope the board does just that.

Again. The president of the academic institution known as Auburn University is not losing his job because of the athletic performance unless of course said athletic performance jeopardizies the athletes' academic performance. I don't like it anymore than you do, but you may as well let that one go.

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

IS ANYONE ELSE LISTENING TO THE POSTGAME SHOW? DID Y'ALL JUST HEAR GRIMES??? My goodness!!!!!!

What did he say? I feel like all of this wouldn’t be so frustrating if we didn’t hire Gus to be an offense mastermind. 

5 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

I have to resurrect the Gus Bus....

gus bus.gif

I want to know what he ran into/through?!

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I didn’t hear it. What did grandad say ?

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I started listening, but just couldn’t stomach it

4 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

"He's our coach for the future," Greene said Tuesday. "He'll be the coach next year. He's already proven that he can get through adversity."

I think he meant he has already proven he can create adversity. 

War Eagle guys . Players looked as confused as ever now on both sides of the ball on the 10 game of the year. 

Can’t run the ball and yet only stretch the field one time early in game in which we get a PI. 

Don’t say Stidham doesn’t have time cause he did many times in the pocket and with SEC receiver your talking a slow 3 step drop and let it fly. 

Defense Wow , secondary has been a problem but have never seen them looked this bad as far as busted coaverage and communication. 

Done venting , I want to be positive , but this is just the beginning. All who are draft eligible are going to get the hell out and recruting is right around the corner. Go ahead and get mentally prepared, since Allen says Gus is going to be the guy. 

56 second half yards on 12 completions. You seriously have to really try to be that non-productive to accomplish that feat. Less than 5 yards per completion.

It is so clear and obvious that much of this staff is in way over their head.  The offensive staff is incompetent. Recruiting is poor other than DL and some skill positions.   The only question is how/when will the administration get out of this mess.  It is a monumental financial mistake. Not just in buyout,  but also financial opportunity lost.  

Archived