WAR EAGLE CHALLENGE

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

36 homers this year to date; 43 homers all last year.  Veach has 10, hit 7 all last year.  To see more go here:  https://auburntigers.com/cumestats.aspx?path=softball

Yes the power this year is evident.  I remember the last couple of years, probably since our WS run,  we were lacking the quick strike or bases clearing hits.  Much improved this year.  I think the emergence of Tannon, which we knew she had that capability and was slowed by the medical issues, and the production from Fornis has really been a shot in the arm.  Crack has only gotten better, and this year feels like the girl you never want to see as a pitcher.  Sort of like Sydney Romero from Oklahoma. 

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

According to auburntigers.com, the first TV game on a "regular" network will be vs. A&M Saturday, March 16th on the SEC network.

Tigers defeated Radford 7-2 today. 

Yes.  Softball plays at 4 on SEC Network vs. Texas A&M and immediately after that, Auburn baseball plays Tennessee.   Double dip on SEC Network next saturday.   auburntigeres.com has the softball game at 5 and the baseball game at 6 with both on tv, but I believe the softball game will start at 4.

I believe that our baseball and softball teams are special and could go a long way in the SEC and nation. I know the SEC is loaded with talented teams in both sports, and Auburn is right there with the best of them. Both teams are capable of winning 40 plus games and maybe more. It would be great if they both won the SEC titles in their sport.

Went to the games this past weekend, and the team looks very promising - the hitting, especially.    Next is the start of SEC play...that will be the true test.

WDE

Archived